By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 widens the gap on PS3 by 8 million. PARTY TIME 360 FANS!!!!!!!

COKTOE said:
Jinova said:
*cough* one year lead *cough*

Exactly. And even after the 360's holiday 08' surge, the PS3 is still on a better sales pace year over year. But let the zelaots have their delusion. Their partys suck anyway.

The ps3 is down YoY and has been for some months. If you want to believe the fact the sales are going down is good, feel free.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
Take a look at this.
http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php
now try to celebrate.

360 is selling awesome, due to much lower price. By considering a similiar timeframe, you can cleary observe that PS3 is tracking ahead of the 360. I expect the gap to widen this year, but I could be very,very wrong if Sony cut the price of the PS3.

By the way, I liked how you cut the tail of the 360's sales not to show last month's spike.

This chart is the complete one and tells a rather different story: http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=170

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

xman said:
humb_lumi said:
heaviermelero said:
I love ps3 fanboys, even when they loose they win.

The truth is that everytime M$ "wins" anything (not only xbox360)... the world loses.... and that the sales don't really matter, since I don't work for sony or any other company.... Quality is what matters, then sony wins....

Problem is quality has not always won, look at windows over OSX, Apple's OS have always been highr quality, beat max was a better fromat than vhs but lost. Its not qulaity but a hist oif factors (quality being only one) that chooses who wins. For Gaming machines its Game Selection, pricing, Graphics, Interface, Exclusive games and brand.

Sony mad a lot of mistakes in the pricing and games (ealry on) and is losing a lot of exclusives.

You could add HD-DVD over Blu-Ray. In several ways, you could argue it was a better format that likely would have been picked up at a faster rate on its own than Blu-Ray has been able to, due to things like the combo drive discs, for example.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

@Bitmap Frogs - I'm certainly aware that the PS3 has not sold as well a the 360 recently, I believe I intimated as such in my previous post. But your response had nothing to do with my post. Do you know what a non-sequiter is? Here's the partial definition. '' In formal logic, is an argument where it's conclusion does not follow from it's presmises''. So again, you never delt with my statement of fact that year over year sales are stronger for PS3. Try again.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
@Bitmap Frogs - I'm certainly aware that the PS3 has not sold as well a the 360 recently, I believe I intmated as such in my previous post. But your response had nothing to do with my post. Do you know what a non-sequiter is? Here's the partial definition. '' In formal logic, is an argument where it's conclusion does not follow from it's presmises''. So again, you never delt with my stament of fact that year over year sales are stronger for PS3. Try again.

Non sequiturs are an interesting topic but I'd rather speak about sour grapes and boy if I found one.

Your YoY comparison is meaningless drivel and spin. It's the only metric that can be used and it's a rather uninteresting one. You think any publisher is gonna rack in more sales because there's a graphic explaining why the ps3 has a smaller userbase? The ps3 is selling less than it did one year ago and this situation has been lasting several months. Unlike the X360, the ps3 is dwindling. And it will continue to do so until SCE can afford a pricecut.

As I said, you are free to believe it's all smooth sailing. Beliefs and hopes are beautiful things, aren't they?

Around the Network

i sense a lot of insecurity and am hearing a lot of "bu bu bu teh PS3 is selling more in the same TIME FRAME"

lol so what. MS got a year head start and for most of 2006 360 sold tens of thousands per week and PS3 sold 0, a big fat 0 every week until november 2006.

COKTOE said:
Jinova said:

Exactly. And even after the 360's holiday 08' surge, the PS3 is still on a better sales pace year over year. But let the zelaots have their delusion. Their partys suck anyway.

"But let the zelaots have their delusion"

couldnt help but cock an eyebrow there. You claim were deluded.........yet you cant grasp that PS3 is in last place and that the gap has never been at 8 million b4......signifying that the 360 is growing its lead.

Hammer-of-Dawn said:
COKTOE said:
Jinova said:

"But let the zelaots have their delusion"

couldnt help but cock an eyebrow there. You claim were deluded.........yet you cant grasp that PS3 is in last place and that the gap has never been at 8 million b4......signifying that the 360 is growing its lead.

Yeaa but Killzone 2 will turn the tide and sell 10 millions in 2 mo... OMG !! I spent too much time on this forum...

More seriously, I hate being called a zealot while we are simply enjoying facts...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Bitmap Frogs said:
COKTOE said:
@Bitmap Frogs - I'm certainly aware that the PS3 has not sold as well a the 360 recently, I believe I intmated as such in my previous post. But your response had nothing to do with my post. Do you know what a non-sequiter is? Here's the partial definition. '' In formal logic, is an argument where it's conclusion does not follow from it's presmises''. So again, you never delt with my stament of fact that year over year sales are stronger for PS3. Try again.
Non sequiturs are an interesting topic but I'd rather speak about sour grapes and boy if I found one.

Your YoY comparison is meaningless drivel and spin. It's the only metric that can be used and it's a rather uninteresting one. You think any publisher is gonna rack in more sales because there's a graphic explaining why the ps3 has a smaller userbase? The ps3 is selling less than it did one year ago and this situation has been lasting several months. Unlike the X360, the ps3 is dwindling. And it will continue to do so until SCE can afford a pricecut.

As I said, you are free to believe it's all smooth sailing. Beliefs and hopes are beautiful things, aren't they?

The thing is, you accuse him of deliberately cutting off the latest 360 boost on the graph when it's clearly a false accusation and irrelevant data.  (http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php is clearly a generic graph and available from the main menu; the latest 360 boost is irrelevant for comparing weeks-from-launch sales of the consoles.)

The fact that the PS3 is doing better over time than the 360 may not mean that the PS3 will do equally better overall, since the platforms are not operating in a vacuum but rather acting against and reacting to each other.  The 360 was able to build up steam in an environment without the PS3 or especially the Wii, and the end of the gen is not going to delay itself by a year for the PS3 to "even it out". 

Despite all this, the comparison does illustrate why anyone thinking the PS3 is down for the count ought to think twice.  And your eagerness to jump all over someone making this point says more about you than it does about them. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Hammer-of-Dawn said:
i sense a lot of insecurity and am hearing a lot of "bu bu bu teh PS3 is selling more in the same TIME FRAME"

lol so what. MS got a year head start and for most of 2006 360 sold tens of thousands per week and PS3 sold 0, a big fat 0 every week until november 2006.

lol

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!