By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 widens the gap on PS3 by 8 million. PARTY TIME 360 FANS!!!!!!!

as long as the ps3 is selling more units at the same point in its life time then this thread is void.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

^ making excuses FTL.

we in the real world count the extra year.

Why we need to party?
People in MS XBOX team need to party, not we. We need to prey for more good games

stephen700 said:
X360 is the cheapest console now and still cant outsell the Wii so it looks like it never will - though they are doing ok.
The PS3 is the most expensive console and if the moderate upcomming price cut can evens things out then the X360 will really be the biggest looser - MS will have to give them away to hold that 8M lead and the % gap is continuing to close !.

Being outsold by 2 consoles which are more expensive is on the cards anyone can see it.
MS quality perceptions MS really need to improve - it will be a case of them being beat by the Wii and PS3 even though they have the lowest price console. Nintendo and even Sony seem to have a better consumer quality perception comapred to MS people dont mind paying more for quality - will be interesting to see the effect of the price cut, and how much lead MS can grab before it happens.

Keep dreaming lol,

The 360 will keep increasing the gap over the PS3 most (if not all) of this year and probably all the way until the next gen is released, you can see by the recent PS3 sales it isn't exactly selling very good yet sony fanboys try to spin it and make it sound positive, sorry but there is no positive, I am also a PS3 owner but I know when to be realistic about something, no PS3 price cut until at least September due to sonys financial problems, low ps3 sales, 360 has a 100% YOY growth in others since last year while PS3 is down by a large margin, 360 outselling PS3 in the U.S and Others since September last year, the 8 million gap is just going to get bigger and bigger and you know it (just won't admit it).

And don't forget the recent media exposure the PS3 and sony have been getting, the PS3's reputation is plummeting to an all time low (specially in the uk, game stores giving ps3 smaller selling space etc) thanks to the media and sonys problems while the 360's reputation is at an all time high, add to this sonys money problems and cut backs and you realise the list really does go on and on why the PS3 won't catch let alone pass the 360.

Says it all.....

you would swear that MS was sharing all it's profits with it's buyers.

Around the Network

go go 360, the tru test is when KZ2 is released, i think PS3 will wins the WW number starting when KZ2 released, but if not, then wow ps3 are in trouble.

humb_lumi said:
heaviermelero said:
I love ps3 fanboys, even when they loose they win.

The truth is that everytime M$ "wins" anything (not only xbox360)... the world loses.... and that the sales don't really matter, since I don't work for sony or any other company.... Quality is what matters, then sony wins....

I thought you needed 100 posts before being able to upload an avatar... wasn't aware the restriction was lifted.

Anyways, you seen this thread? http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=58394&page=1

"Quality" is such a subjective word, perfect for marketing purposes. It sounds positive yet its content is ambiguous and easily molded.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Take a look at this.
http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php
now try to celebrate.

360 is selling awesome, due to much lower price. By considering a similiar timeframe, you can cleary observe that PS3 is tracking ahead of the 360. I expect the gap to widen this year, but I could be very,very wrong if Sony cut the price of the PS3.

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
Take a look at this.
http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php
now try to celebrate.

360 is selling awesome, due to much lower price. By considering a similiar timeframe, you can cleary observe that PS3 is tracking ahead of the 360. I expect the gap to widen this year, but I could be very,very wrong if Sony cut the price of the PS3.

Excuses are nice, but the facts remain. The gap is widening.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Jinova said:
*cough* one year lead *cough*

Exactly. And even after the 360's holiday 08' surge, the PS3 is still on a better sales pace year over year. But let the zelaots have their delusion. Their partys suck anyway.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."