By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 widens the gap on PS3 by 8 million. PARTY TIME 360 FANS!!!!!!!

NintendoMan said:
Well done 360, it deserves its lead, but how long will it keep it? They say an animal is at its most dangerous when its wounded and Sony are cut deep, real deep.

Not really... I would rather face a tiger with a broken leg personally.

Tease.

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

The thing is, you accuse him of deliberately cutting off the latest 360 boost on the graph when it's clearly a false accusation and irrelevant data.  (http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php is clearly a generic graph and available from the main menu; the latest 360 boost is irrelevant for comparing weeks-from-launch sales of the consoles.)

The fact that the PS3 is doing better over time than the 360 may not mean that the PS3 will do equally better overall, since the platforms are not operating in a vacuum but rather acting against and reacting to each other.  The 360 was able to build up steam in an environment without the PS3 or especially the Wii, and the end of the gen is not going to delay itself by a year for the PS3 to "even it out". 

Despite all this, the comparison does illustrate why anyone thinking the PS3 is down for the count ought to think twice.  And your eagerness to jump all over someone making this point says more about you than it does about them. 

Yes, but it is a misleading generic graph since it doesn't show the whole picture. He might not have done it on purpose, but he's certainly misleading and biasing the discussion by providing a graph that is missing data.

I think either you are misunderstanding things or my style doesn't convey meanings properly. Read again my posts, there isn't a single hint about "the ps3 is down for the count". That's your quote, not mine by the way. And the reason there isn't a single hint is because it's obvious it's not. Heck, the fact you assume I'm posting under that understatement clearly shows you might be oversensitive about this issue.

But there's no denying the ps3 is in the same situation the 360 was during the first months of 2007: after a long period of time at the same price point, the sales started to go down YoY. That's what's happening to the ps3. The only thing that changed the trend for the X360 was a pricecut and I'd wager the ps3 could use one. But SCE can't afford it and until they can they will bleed marketshare.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I wouldn't celebrate too hard. It only took the Wii several months to destroy the 8Million unit lead the 360 had. Who knows, perhaps something happens that instantly spurs PS3 sales for a sustained time (12months). In that situation it could easily catch up.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Phasma said:
Theo said:
Phasma said:
Well, everyone knows that the ps3 will eventually go past the 360. It's just a matter of when. Don't try to deny it, you know im right.

Really? I like the Ps3 and all, but I actually honestly don't see that happening. You could argue that the Ps3 has a better line up this year, but with it's ultra low price and games like Huxley and Alan wake coming out this year, they'll be sure to keep the console afloat.

I think closing that 8 million and growing gap won't happen before '12 which will be around about when the next gen is supposed to commence.

Well you can quote me on this when it happens, but when the ps3 hits the 299 or less, the momentum is going to be big and it will reduce the gap fast. It will overtake 360 sooner than 2012, that's for sure.

When that happens in Q4 or even 2010 there will be a big spike for sure, but after that I don't think it'll outsell 360 regularly enough to make a difference. (think ~15K every week or maybe not even outsell at all)

senseinobaka said:
I wouldn't celebrate too hard. It only took the Wii several months to destroy the 8Million unit lead the 360 had. Who knows, perhaps something happens that instantly spurs PS3 sales for a sustained time (12months). In that situation it could easily catch up.

are you honestly comparing the ps3 to the wii? The PS3 will never capture the momentum of the Wii simply because Wii has completley captured the casual market. I've never met a casual gamer who thought that the PS3 was anywhere close to ad cool as the wii. That is mostly because sure to us the ps3 looks like a pretty good deal but to casuals who don't care about blu-ray and stuff thats just more money for something they don't want.  The problem is time is going by and the more people that buy 360's are more hardcore HD gamers who've made their choice.  PS3 will never catch the 360 in NA.  It has a chance in Others and it will outsell it Japan.  I just don't see that 8 million and growing gap closing anytime soon. 

Around the Network

No love for Halo 3 at 9 million?

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Kos-mos said:
Well well well. Remember that there are many ********* in the continent to the west of Europe. And ********* are not famous to be a generally smart people. They are easy to fool into buying one thing or another. Just put a man with muscles and a weapon on the cover of a game, and they get horny. So I`m not impressed by the sales. The truth is hard for many people to accept.

The reason for *** marks is that last time I spoke the truth and referred to Ocelots beautiful comment about the ******** in Metal Gear Solid 2, i got banned by an ******. He didnt even respond to my complaint to the ban. Well, the truth is hard for ********, as they have no respond to my arguments.

It must really burn your ass, then, to see that Europeans are buying that awful machine in greater numbers than are *********.

Kos-mos said:
Well well well. Remember that there are many ********* in the continent to the west of Europe. And ********* are not famous to be a generally smart people. They are easy to fool into buying one thing or another. Just put a man with muscles and a weapon on the cover of a game, and they get horny. So I`m not impressed by the sales. The truth is hard for many people to accept.

The reason for *** marks is that last time I spoke the truth and referred to Ocelots beautiful comment about the ******** in Metal Gear Solid 2, i got banned by an ******. He didnt even respond to my complaint to the ban. Well, the truth is hard for ********, as they have no respond to my arguments.

You generalize an entire country, calling us idiots, and you're wondering why you get banned? Really?

I just love how this crap is coming from someone in the UK, the most pro-360 country in Europe.

CGI-QUALITYgreat post well written and unpartial,microsoft does deserve to be applauded for sticking it out.CONGRATS MICROSOFT AND XBOX 360.AND TO ALL OWNERS OF 360 FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN.

senseinobaka said:

nah........