By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The official RE5 Demo impressions thread

I haven't noticed any tearing or slowdowns.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I've noticed a small amount of screen tearing during loading screen, but not gameplay. Not a framerate drop in sight for me.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
tmbh said:
@ FKNetwork: Yes there is a screen tearing issue.

I honestly can't see how others here haven't spotted the screen tearing, I'm not normally one to complain but OMG it is terrible, to see what I mean start stage one and pan around in a circle a few times or look at any fast moving object, it's worse than DIRT and it happens all over the screen not just the top!

I'll have another play in a bit and check lol

P.S, I haven't seen any slowdown at all, just the screen tearing issue.

Demo was awesome and pretty intense. Getting it opening day and co-op the story first day with a buddy.

FKNetwork said:
tmbh said:
@ FKNetwork: Yes there is a screen tearing issue.

I honestly can't see how others here haven't spotted the screen tearing, I'm not normally one to complain but OMG it is terrible, to see what I mean start stage one and pan around in a circle a few times or look at any fast moving object, it's worse than DIRT and it happens all over the screen not just the top!

I'll have another play in a bit and check lol

P.S, I haven't seen any slowdown at all, just the screen tearing issue.

I will check soon but I'm thinking there may be a problem with your 360 if it's that bad for you.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
thekitchensink said:
Seriously--what's everyone's strategy for beating Chainsaw man? He keeps chainsawing me XD

I don't know, I died three or four times and haven't tried again. I can think of two potential strategies:

1- Trying to keep as much distance as possible.

2- Running away :P

the easiest way to kill the chainsaw guy is to destroy the red barrels when he is near it.

The fun way (my way) - This chainsaw dude is really slow. I can walk toward him avoiding his chainsaw, do a 180 turn and start knifing him 2 X. sometimes 3 but i wouldnt recommend it.

super fun way - I like to toy with chainsaw guy by electric shock. there is an electric box on top of the pole near the ruin bus. shoot it with a gun whenever his near it. 

z101 said:
tmbh said:
Its a lot like RE4 with updated graphics and that's not really a bad thing as that was a great game.

Re4 was a great game, especially on the Wii.

But Re5 truly lacks the atmosphere Re4 had (not to mention the Wii controls). I think in the end Re5 turns out to be a mediocre shooter thats will be fast forgotten.

Aaaaaw how cute

he's envious because the newest part of the main series has left the Wii.......

The demo is pretty good. For anyone that has trouble with the chainsaw guy use the barrels.

I played the demo a little bit and do like it. The problem for me though is that I've played RE4 (GC and Wii) so many times, having beaten them both at least 10 times and played the hell out of Mercanaries (GC version) along with the extra side missions that I'm used to that style and gameplay. This game did seem sort of slow in parts related to the controls. Speaking of the controls, I didn't like them as much as even the GC version. I liked that the controls were simplified on the GC and now, it seems slightly complicated but again, it might be me being so used to RE4.

I didn't care for the second character aspect to it much. I liked doing my own thing for the most part in RE4. Even though her character seems to hold her own and does help out, I'd rather play by myself and have the level of challenge adjusted accordingly. I have mixed feelings but overall did like what I played and will play some more when I get the chance. I think the game looks and sounds great and looking forward to release date and buying this to play more.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Barozi said:
z101 said:
tmbh said:
Its a lot like RE4 with updated graphics and that's not really a bad thing as that was a great game.

Re4 was a great game, especially on the Wii.

But Re5 truly lacks the atmosphere Re4 had (not to mention the Wii controls). I think in the end Re5 turns out to be a mediocre shooter thats will be fast forgotten.

Aaaaaw how cute

he's envious because the newest part of the main series has left the Wii.......

I really cannot understand how anyone would not prefer Wii controls on this game, I really can't.