By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Resident Evil 5 demo is now available on Live(for everyone but Germany)

How do you reasonably explain the Japan/x360 exclusive BH5 demo that came out in early december, considering there is still no sign of a Japanese PS3 BH5 demo. It's been six weeks since the x360 demo hit. Chalk that up to development difficulties/red tape too?

Edit: When you look at how much better Capcom games have sold on PS3 vs. X360 in japan you realize how rediculous a move like this is. Both dmc4 and ac4 on x360 sold only ~30% of the ps3 versions in japan. Why there's such a huge demo exclusivity window, and why there's still no BH5 demo on the japanese psn given these sales numbers really makes you raise an eyebrow.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
coasterlove said:
Slightly off topic, how do I get the one month trial from GTA4? Is it on the disc and that's how I redeem it? Or is it a code or something in the instruction manual?

It should be on a separate card, which has one of those things you rub off to reveal the code. It's almost the same size as the instruction manual but separate.

That sucks. I had a little time off during my split shift from work and checked the package. I didn't insert the disc but look the box and the instruction manual and map but didn't notice any paper slip with a code. I only glanced through it so maybe I missed it. Otherwise, I'm out of luck and will have to wait a little while longer.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Downloading now. (ltough I already had some hands on with the J-version).

And since everyone is adding TV's: I'm plaing on a (around) 40 inch (don't know exact, never use inches as units) HDTV.

One thing I already know: even after RE5 releases, REmake will still be the best RE and best horror game ever. Shame on you Capcom (not really, I understand money talks...)

Benga, I am pretty sure Silent Hill 2/3 wants to have a talk with you about best horror game ever...

And what does the Netherlands use for TV size measurements? Meters? CM? KM?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Skeeuk said:
mrstickball said:
seece said:
mrstickball said:
ameratsu - Then complain to Sony for not stepping up and doing what's needed to get the demo on their network as quick.

MS most likely didn't pay Capcom to do this. More than likely, MS reached a tentative deal where they promote RE5 on their own dime via the RE5 bundle, and Capcom gives them a week.

Suck it up kids, this is business. If you don't like what MS is doing to Sony, then don't buy a Sony product :-p

Will be playing this on my new 50" Plasma HDTV tonight, in co-op, with my Fiancee. Gonna be incredible

Oh My God I hate you

It's a Samsung 50" Plasma in 720p. It's certainly a beast...Probably one of the best I've ever seen under a grand in the US. I'm routing it through a Panasonic 5.1 Surround Sound. It isn't the most expensive, but for $250-ish, it's a pretty good deal for what you get, as it comes with a nice 5-disc upperconverting DVD player.

I'm now realziing why it's so great to be an X360 owner...It totally changes the look & feel of games. Even Call of Duty: World at War was halfway entertaining on the TV, given the crispness of the gameplay & look. I started re-playing Mass Effect on it, because the Presidium is EPIC in HD.

i have the same tv as you but 42" the plasma picture is superb especially the deep blacks and whites.

although ive had to bold^ ? whats that got to do with it being great to be an x360 owner?

...Because the X360 supports 720p, and allows for incredible contrast & clarity?

ok il accept that

does your samsung have the burn in protection? its a fidly to work out but its easy when you know how. and what setting do you use your set on? i usually ignore the movie and user modes and stick to game mode, imo it even looks better for movies also.

im 100% happy with the choice that i made for plasma

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

I think inches is pretty standard everywhere for monitors and TV sizes. I've seen sizes in cm sometimes here in Europe, but inches is more common.

I have a 32'' inch HD CRT but I play pretty close to it so it looks pretty big ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

mrstickball said:
dbot said:
mrstickball said:
So we have to assume that if something comes out earlier on the 360 then that means that MS *must* have paid Capcom off, or forced them to release it later on another network?

What if the 360's architecture is easier to develop for, and easier to build a demo on? What if Sony is lazy about getting demos onto their network? There are so many variables, it seems fanboyish to only accuse MS when it's against your console of choice.

Microsoft has a history of paying for exclusive content. I doubt that MS would have released the exclusive demo PR announcement, and the exclusive RE5 bundle PR anouncement without some kind of agreement with Capcom. I don't think it is a bad thing for MS to do, but you shouldn't be suprised when someone points it out.

Any Sony has a history (as of the PS2) of having hardware that's difficult to work with, and causes developers to delay their projects. So I don't see how there'd be an easy answer. I agree (as I've said before) that MS may have got the demo earlier as a deal with the RE5 bundle, but there's no way to know. It could of easily of been because the PS3 has kinks in it that have caused Capcom problems (and correct me if I'm wrong, but the PS3 is getting a RE5 bundle as well).

It is unlikely that MS would have officially announced an exclusivity deal with Capcom without some formal arrangement.  Capcom is not in the business of giving things for free.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Yes, my Samsung has a very good burn-in protection system with pixel shifting, along with default auto-shutoff after 30 minutes.

Seriously? I haven't messed with the default settings that much, other than increasing contrast to 100% for the break-in of the TV. I've been so friggin' blown away by the clarity and perfection that the stock settings have, that I really haven't wanted to mess with success.

And yes, I really enjoy my decision for a plasma. I'm not arguing LCD's are 'bad' by any means, but the cost of the TV I have was great....I rarely see 50" TV's for under $1,000 unless their an off-brand that has worse features.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Benga, I am pretty sure Silent Hill 2/3 wants to have a talk with you about best horror game ever...

And what does the Netherlands use for TV size measurements? Meters? CM? KM?

lol, Silent Hill 2 comes close, but can't match REmake's awesomeness. I think it's the shark that pushed it over the edge...

I think inches are standard for monitors (for everything else we use metric) but I don't know the size of my TV (stupid I know), so I had to convert my estimation of 1m diagonal to inches, which is around 40.

mrstickball said:
Yes, my Samsung has a very good burn-in protection system with pixel shifting, along with default auto-shutoff after 30 minutes.

Seriously? I haven't messed with the default settings that much, other than increasing contrast to 100% for the break-in of the TV. I've been so friggin' blown away by the clarity and perfection that the stock settings have, that I really haven't wanted to mess with success.

And yes, I really enjoy my decision for a plasma. I'm not arguing LCD's are 'bad' by any means, but the cost of the TV I have was great....I rarely see 50" TV's for under $1,000 unless their an off-brand that has worse features.

yes it will have pixle shifting, best to leave the factory setting on that, if you look you will also have a white wipe over, and blue screen, i think you just run them if you get any burn in.

your right about the cost, i was looking to get a 37" bravia for £599 but spotted the 42" samsung plasma for £486(with 3 years warranty) so it was a good buy for me, the set that you have like mine, is also a true 1080i tv it says so in booklet, but i set it at 1080p at my ps3 recognises it as 1080p, i think it will be just 1080i though. not sure if any upscaling will be done.

regarding the setting its quite mind boggling because theres flippin loads of setting for picture enhancement. eg. if you turn entertainment mode on, new branches of tinkering are opend up lol.

its a good set you have, 42" is large enough for my front room, a 50" simply wont fit.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...