By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Resident Evil 5 demo is now available on Live(for everyone but Germany)

mrstickball said:
seece said:
mrstickball said:
ameratsu - Then complain to Sony for not stepping up and doing what's needed to get the demo on their network as quick.

MS most likely didn't pay Capcom to do this. More than likely, MS reached a tentative deal where they promote RE5 on their own dime via the RE5 bundle, and Capcom gives them a week.

Suck it up kids, this is business. If you don't like what MS is doing to Sony, then don't buy a Sony product :-p

Will be playing this on my new 50" Plasma HDTV tonight, in co-op, with my Fiancee. Gonna be incredible

Oh My God I hate you

It's a Samsung 50" Plasma in 720p. It's certainly a beast...Probably one of the best I've ever seen under a grand in the US. I'm routing it through a Panasonic 5.1 Surround Sound. It isn't the most expensive, but for $250-ish, it's a pretty good deal for what you get, as it comes with a nice 5-disc upperconverting DVD player.

I'm now realziing why it's so great to be an X360 owner...It totally changes the look & feel of games. Even Call of Duty: World at War was halfway entertaining on the TV, given the crispness of the gameplay & look. I started re-playing Mass Effect on it, because the Presidium is EPIC in HD.

Gorgeous. I know what you mean, you cant really appreciate HDTV's until you have had one and had to downgrade to a crappy SDTV which I'm not at all bitter about oh no.

I really want a HDTV :(

Even a 28" would do but a frigging 50"! man you're lucky! enjoy I say :)

Around the Network

good demo.

Chris and Sheva have a instant kill grapple witch makes the demo easy.

what only bothered about this demo is i have to go to the option screen everytime. It always sets to default. BOOO!!!

Ok, well thanks Microsoft for making me wait another week to play this. Much appreciated.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

So we have to assume that if something comes out earlier on the 360 then that means that MS *must* have paid Capcom off, or forced them to release it later on another network?

What if the 360's architecture is easier to develop for, and easier to build a demo on? What if Sony is lazy about getting demos onto their network? There are so many variables, it seems fanboyish to only accuse MS when it's against your console of choice.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
So we have to assume that if something comes out earlier on the 360 then that means that MS *must* have paid Capcom off, or forced them to release it later on another network?

What if the 360's architecture is easier to develop for, and easier to build a demo on? What if Sony is lazy about getting demos onto their network? There are so many variables, it seems fanboyish to only accuse MS when it's against your console of choice.

nintendo paid you for this non-biased comment

Around the Network
markers said:
mrstickball said:

nintendo paid you for this non-biased comment

You found out my secret! Rats!

This anti-Sony comment was courtesy of Louie Armstrong and Super Mario World:

mrstickball said:

Microsoft has a history of paying for exclusive content.  I doubt that MS would have released the exclusive demo PR announcement, and the exclusive RE5 bundle PR anouncement without some kind of agreement with Capcom.   I don't think it is a bad thing for MS to do, but you shouldn't be suprised when someone points it out.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
mrstickball said:

Microsoft has a history of paying for exclusive content.  I doubt that MS would have released the exclusive demo PR announcement, and the exclusive RE5 bundle PR anouncement without some kind of agreement with Capcom.   I don't think it is a bad thing for MS to do, but you shouldn't be suprised when someone points it out.

Any Sony has a history (as of the PS2) of having hardware that's difficult to work with, and causes developers to delay their projects. So I don't see how there'd be an easy answer. I agree (as I've said before) that MS may have got the demo earlier as a deal with the RE5 bundle, but there's no way to know. It could of easily of been because the PS3 has kinks in it that have caused Capcom problems (and correct me if I'm wrong, but the PS3 is getting a RE5 bundle as well).

mrstickball said:
seece said:
mrstickball said:
ameratsu - Then complain to Sony for not stepping up and doing what's needed to get the demo on their network as quick.

MS most likely didn't pay Capcom to do this. More than likely, MS reached a tentative deal where they promote RE5 on their own dime via the RE5 bundle, and Capcom gives them a week.

Suck it up kids, this is business. If you don't like what MS is doing to Sony, then don't buy a Sony product :-p

Will be playing this on my new 50" Plasma HDTV tonight, in co-op, with my Fiancee. Gonna be incredible

Oh My God I hate you

It's a Samsung 50" Plasma in 720p. It's certainly a beast...Probably one of the best I've ever seen under a grand in the US. I'm routing it through a Panasonic 5.1 Surround Sound. It isn't the most expensive, but for $250-ish, it's a pretty good deal for what you get, as it comes with a nice 5-disc upperconverting DVD player.

I'm now realziing why it's so great to be an X360 owner...It totally changes the look & feel of games. Even Call of Duty: World at War was halfway entertaining on the TV, given the crispness of the gameplay & look. I started re-playing Mass Effect on it, because the Presidium is EPIC in HD.

i have the same tv as you but 42" the plasma picture is superb especially the deep blacks and whites.

although ive had to bold^ ? whats that got to do with it being great to be an x360 owner?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
mrstickball said:
seece said:
mrstickball said:

Oh My God I hate you

i have the same tv as you but 42" the plasma picture is superb especially the deep blacks and whites.

although ive had to bold^ ? whats that got to do with it being great to be an x360 owner?

...Because the X360 supports 720p, and allows for incredible contrast & clarity?