By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Resident Evil 5 demo is now available on Live(for everyone but Germany)

I can understand not everyone 'needing' a 50". Initially, we were looking at a 42" Samsung 1080p LCD for around ~$1600. However, we saved over $600 and got an extra 8" for simply downgrading to 720p. Very few channels (if any) where I live support 1080p, and may not for some time. So IMO, why pay for more when there aren't many options that support it?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I can't wait to get home and download this.

Holy cow this demo was awesome with a friend. My 'gonna buy' is now a 'first day' buy. Hopefully, anyway, since scrounging up that king of money right after SO4 is gonna be tough. I'm a little annoyed that we STILL can't move and shoot, but if we could I guess it wouldn't be resident evil.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Plasmas rule.

Anyway, the reports about the RE5 demo worries me. Sounds like many people are disappointed.

Does it have any horror feel or does it feel like a shooter?

Slimebeast said:
Plasmas rule.

Anyway, the reports about the RE5 demo worries me. Sounds like many people are disappointed.

Does it have any horror feel or does it feel like a shooter?

It does not feel like a shooter. Nothing to do with Gears of War, where you're usually far away from enemies. In this demo, enemies are usually near you (often too near). It's much more tense.

Other than the fact that it's coop, I don't see significant differences from RE4. This of course based on a short demo...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

cool, i will download it tomorrow. i should be a xbl gold member , by sometime tomorrow.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

cool, i will download it tomorrow. i should be a xbl gold member , by sometime tomorrow.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I downloaded the demo and played it on my 27" CRT. :lol:

This is the first RE game that I have ever played and I didn't really read the instructions. First thing I noticed is that the controls aren't your standard 3rd person controls ala Gears. Switching weapons was a hassle and I couldn't figure out how to manually reload. Definitely a different play style.

The game looks great but I hope the loading screens after the cut scenes are just the demo because it really kills the flow. Wasn't planning on getting this but the demo has sort of sold me on it. Might pick it up when it comes out.

I had totally forgotten that I had made a second profile for my girlfriend on the 360. I didn't feel like making a new profile just to get the demo but then I remember the other profile that she doesn't use anyway. So I just signed her up for an account trial membership and downloading the game now. Almost halfway done. Can't wait.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Well...

I'm not that impressed by the demo, except for the graphics (woooo nice !).

Sure it is a high production value... but I'm not sure I will adapt to the game mechanics.

I didn't felt the last one was so slow...

I was more impressed by the demo of FEAR 2....

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.