By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why should i get a Wii ?

Because it is made by Nintendo.

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
You should buy it because it has great games that can only be played on the Wii. It also gives you access to tons of older games that you may have never had a chance to play.

i can find any old game i want ?! man if this is true then its a good reason for me to get one.

because It's a totally different experience you'll never have with the Xbox360 or PS3

the problem is there is no store here let u try it to see how it is .. that make it difficult to now if the console good for me or not.

NNN2004 said:
theRepublic said:
You should buy it because it has great games that can only be played on the Wii. It also gives you access to tons of older games that you may have never had a chance to play.

i can find any old game i want ?! man if this is true then its a good reason for me to get one.

Not any old game.  There are old games from the NES, SNES, N64, Master System, Genesis, TurboGrafx, and NeoGeo.  Not every game from these consoles has been released yet, but more and more are being released every week.

I'm sure you could look up all the titles that have been released on the Virtual Console on the internet.

Here is the list for North America.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

because it's awesome to splitscreen multiplayer with friends with the wii
because it has virtual console
because the controller is new and fresh
because the greatest games (the ones of nintendo) are only coming to the wii (Duhh !!:p)
and because Wii gets 2 Tales games :p

theRepublic said:
NNN2004 said:
theRepublic said:

Not any old game.  There are old games from the NES, SNES, N64, Master System, Genesis, TurboGrafx, and NeoGeo.  Not every game from these consoles has been released yet, but more and more are being released every week.

I'm sure you could look up all the titles that have been released on the Virtual Console on the internet.

this three is the most important for me ... where can i find a list of the available game from this consoles ? is there any list ?

NNN2004 said:
theRepublic said:
NNN2004 said:
theRepublic said:

this three is the most important for me ... where can i find a list of the available game from this consoles ? is there any list ?

Try these links.

For America

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_(North_America)

For PAL region

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_(Europe)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Don't get one.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8