By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why should i get a Wii ?

can anyone tell me whats special on the wii other than the controller ? can anyone argue me to buy one.

i ask because i want to get one but i didnt see anything special about it except the controller and i dont think its a big deal.

Around the Network

The reason why I have a Wii is because the games and the way you play them appeal to me.

The Wiis central feature is the unique controls, they may make Wii Sports what it is but they go a little further if you try out some other types of games. If you have tried a Wii have you tried Zack and Wiki, it is really a pretty ideal implementationn of gesture controls. If your into shooters have you tried MOHH2 or RE4 Wii? Those both really show how archaic dual analog is for a 3D shooter. Though not included with the basic system the balance board and Shaun White are also an amazing and unique experience. The controls are really integral to the system, if your not about them then the only other big features are the nintendo titles. If your not interested in those either then really there is nothing for you on it.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

if you dont know why youd want one, dont get one. let someone who wants it buy it.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Pure and simple, games, many exclusives, Super Mario Galaxy is the highest rated first party title this generation only bested by Zelda: OoT (which you can buy on VC which is only on Wii), many classics on VC like I just said, great Wii Ware like World of Goo, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Lost Winds, etc. and personally the game I play a ton of is Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Other then that the controller is the best thing for FPS titles since the laser mouse and ergonomic keyboard. It has very accurate and responsive controls for FPS titles. The controller itself makes for some very fun games, many people love bowling and tennis but personally my favorite is boxing, when you learn the controls it's very good and me and my friend boxed for 3 hours.

And well the final point is it's fun, it's great to play by yourself, or with friends. And when you can get your girlfriend to play video games with you for longer then 30 minutes when they get fed up with you killing her or being way better it's a good day.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

since you think the controller is nothign then just think of the games.

Do you want to play Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid, RE4, Smash, One Piece (based on avatar), No More Heroes, Tales sequal, Fire Embel Sequal, and many more games. If you feel you want to play them then why not buy this cheap console.

Plus many great games coming out later, but I prefer to list games that are playable NOW. I don't know why we should have to convince you to consider a console or not and based on a controller. Who gives a shit about the controller, there are AMAZING games out for the Wii that are normal control style and games that BECOME amazing due to the motion control style.

As most say if your a gamer you should own all systems, but really if you are a gamer and you don' at least try the Wii then Shame on you.

irstupid said:
since you think the controller is nothign then just think of the games.

Do you want to play Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid, RE4, Smash, One Piece (based on avatar), No More Heroes, Tales sequal, Fire Embel Sequal, and many more games. If you feel you want to play them then why not buy this cheap console.

Plus many great games coming out later, but I prefer to list games that are playable NOW. I don't know why we should have to convince you to consider a console or not and based on a controller. Who gives a shit about the controller, there are AMAZING games out for the Wii that are normal control style and games that BECOME amazing due to the motion control style.

As most say if your a gamer you should own all systems, but really if you are a gamer and you don' at least try the Wii then Shame on you.

i didnt say the controller is nothing i said its good but not enough reason to get one .. also most of the great games are in the PS3 and 360 and i barely heard anything about the games in the wii also most of the games didnt considered as games either.

if you like nintendo games go for it.

If you want to enjoy good games and a new way of playing them then get one.

wait i have work now i will come to u later .... keep posting.