By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why should i get a Wii ?

de Blob, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, and Metroid Prime 3 all seem like they woudl be up your alley and exclusive. There is a host of good games I could recommend if I knew your gaming tastes. Good games are the best reason to buy a console.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
frybread said:
Don't get one.

? .. u have a good reason ?

If you don't get one, how will you ever play the greatest game in the universe, Kororinpa?

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnizmo said:
de Blob, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, and Metroid Prime 3 all seem like they woudl be up your alley and exclusive. There is a host of good games I could recommend if I knew your gaming tastes. Good games are the best reason to buy a console.

rpgs, adventures & shooters .. i heard that the Wii controller is great for fps games is this true ?

NNN2004 said:
frybread said:
Don't get one.

I don't think you'd like it.  Just a hunch, but let's confirm my suspicion:  What are your top 3 favorite games of all time?

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network
NNN2004 said:
Gnizmo said:

rpgs, adventures & shooters .. i heard that the Wii controller is great for fps games is this true ?

Yes it absolutely is. Those genres are fairly well represented on the Wii as well so long as you are ok with on-rail shooters. The Zelda series is amongst the best adventure games ever. There are also a healthy number of promising RPGs on the way to enjoy. RE4, RE:UC, Ghost Squad, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, LoZ: Ocarina of Time (VC), LoZ: Link to the Past (VC), plus some more I could name off the top of my head coming out this year. The controller is cool, but not the only thing the console offers. It has a very solid game library.

frybread said:
NNN2004 said:
frybread said:
Don't get one.

I don't think you'd like it.  Just a hunch, but let's confirm my suspicion:  What are your top 3 favorite games of all time?

there is alot of games that i like

FF VII

Street fighter series

Soul calibur series

Kinkgdom Hearts  1 & 2

this is the best games for me.

Gnizmo said:
NNN2004 said:
Gnizmo said:

Yes it absolutely is. Those genres are fairly well represented on the Wii as well so long as you are ok with on-rail shooters. The Zelda series is amongst the best adventure games ever. There are also a healthy number of promising RPGs on the way to enjoy. RE4, RE:UC, Ghost Squad, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, LoZ: Ocarina of Time (VC), LoZ: Link to the Past (VC), plus some more I could name off the top of my head coming out this year. The controller is cool, but not the only thing the console offers. It has a very solid game library.

thats great man but dmn there is no place to try the Wii here :(

NNN2004 said:
frybread said:
NNN2004 said:
frybread said:
Don't get one.

there is alot of games that i like

FF VII

Street fighter series

Soul calibur series

Kinkgdom Hearts  1 & 2

this is the best games for me.

Yeah like I thought, no.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

NNN2004 said:

thats great man but dmn there is no place to try the Wii here :(

Well I recommend looking into the games as much as possible and then deciding. Some require, and others can use the Classic Controller or GameCube controller which you would be more accustomed to. If you are still hesitant try and find someone you know who will let you play around with it for awhile.