By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda Won't Commit To PS3 Fallout 3 Getting Ability To Play Post-Ending!

badgenome said:
The_God_of_War said:
If Bethesda are going to alienate PS3 owners, PS3 owners should alienate their next game, not buy it and lose them tons of money. But I doubt that would happen. I'm not a fan of this whole exclusive DLC crap, really.

And lose themselves a port of the next next Bethesda game. 

Who would want the worst version anyway?

I'm pretty annoyed by Bethesda's attitude and games.

Around the Network

This bugs me. Over a million customers (or however many it is) shouldn't be left behind like this simply because they bought a game on a platform that the company at hand is either not fond of, has no desire to program for, or has been paid to sideline through an exclusivity deal of some sort. Really, what sort of customer support is that? It stinks, especially as a PS3 version would not be that much more work, and would clearly generate mucho DLC cash.

If it wasn't a key feature, I wouldn't care. But it kinda is, so I do.

That said, it doesn't affect me at all (I have the PC version).

They ended the game in a dramatic fashion and it was over. DLC means extra contact so they had to figure a way to extend it after the last mission. Without DLC letting you play the game after the final mission ruins what they wanted the end game to be.

There is way to much crying when everyone knows you just keep doing what everyone has been doing. Load the save beforehand if you finish the game to do the stuff you missed!!

Lol, if you already bought Fallout 3 for any console. You should have bought PC version because of construction set, which makes you able to do much more than what you will get with DLC etc. :D

Nude girls, dying kids etc. agree with me. ^^
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/categories.php

And heres the continue after main quest mod,

http://www.fileplanet.com/194884/190000/fileinfo/Fallout-3---Free-Play-Post-Main-Quest-Mod

I don't understand the complaints with the DLC. It's like the GTAIV one where you use a different character from what I've heard. Also if you played Fallout 3 to the end you would know it wouldn't make sense to play past that point. If you guys are just bitching that the PS3 doesn't get the DLC then you knew that before the game launched. I remember the PS3 fans shrugging it off as nothing special and now they're all up in arms. This is just ridiculous.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
Goddbless said:
I don't understand the complaints with the DLC. It's like the GTAIV one where you use a different character from what I've heard. Also if you played Fallout 3 to the end you would know it wouldn't make sense to play past that point. If you guys are just bitching that the PS3 doesn't get the DLC then you knew that before the game launched. I remember the PS3 fans shrugging it off as nothing special and now they're all up in arms. This is just ridiculous.

I remember them saying that. Honestly good move by MS. It will make existing owners pissed and new owners thinking twice and especially with GTA4 DLC coming out. It could shift consoles.

The lack of DLC content, as well as the slightly less-polished graphics on the PS3 vs it's 360 counterpart initially led me to a decision not to buy F3. I then watched a friend play for a while and decided to buy it. I'm glad I have yet to open the game because with this news, and the general apathy displayed by Todd Howard/Bethesda, I'm going to return it. One dollar, one vote. Nay Bethesda, nay.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Still it all boils down. Bathesda said from the very beginning even before the game out they did not plan or have in the works dlc for ps3 version. People who got the ps3 version should alrdy known this from the beginning and shouldn't complain since it was stated before purchasing it.

I TAKE NO SIDES

wow they're gonna fuck over 1,000,000 people who bought the PS3 version?what assholes

coolestguyever said:
wow they're gonna fuck over 1,000,000 people who bought the PS3 version?what assholes

They are not fucking over those people.  Those people fucked themselve over since bathesda said from the start.  If bathesda was fucking them over it be more like they were gonna give them dlc and than pulled it.

I TAKE NO SIDES