By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda Won't Commit To PS3 Fallout 3 Getting Ability To Play Post-Ending!

Euphoria14 said:
Barozi said:
Euphoria14 said:
This is my opinion so if you don't like it too bad.

Look at what some people are saying here, you really think it is fine that you are going to have to pay for something that was a normal feature in Oblivion? You are fine that you are paying for what was a normal feature in Morrowind? YOU ARE FINE that you are paying for something that was a normal feature in FALLOUT 2?!!!!

I can not believe how foolish this gen has made some people. Pretty much Bethesda took an original part of not just the series but their games, removed it, then decided to make you pay for it.

How in the hell is anyone fine with that?

Oh yeah because you're the almighty god and know, that without DLCs Fallout 3 would have been an entirely different game.

That's what I call foolish.

Why would it have been different? They are expanding the story now because of this right? If things stayed the way they always were in terms of the Fallout series and its features (that have been the norm for about 10 years now) these things you will pay for now would have come standard, whether that comes in March or came in November, what difference does it make? Oh yeah, difference is that it would have cost less.

It's Bethesda's game and they can't do with it what they want. You're living in the past, where Fallout games were made by other devs. People (including me) don't pay for the DLC because they can explore the Wasteland after they've died in the last mission, but rather they can play NEW quests, which comes with the DLC.

I'll say it again. How the f*ck cares if the game ends after the last mission (afterwards you can load a savegame directly before the last quest) or you're able to explore the Wasteland AFTER the last quest ????????

There is NO difference.

I also never said I was an almighty God. Maybe you are just upset that so far I came in and made a very good point and you have yet to make any.

Ridiculous. I made in this thread enough good points.

I guess everyone who does not support this idea is foolish too. Only smart people like to have shit taken out of their games and charged for it after. If this is what foolish is defined as, then by all means call me foolish.

You do it again. You must be some kind of psychic, because you can look into the minds of Bethesda. How the hell do you know how this game was planned in the beginning ???

1st Bethesda guy: "Okay let's make our Fallout game"

2nd Bethesda guy: "Hey sounds good. But let's make sure you're able to explore the Wasteland after the last main quest"

3rd Bethesda guy: "I just recieved a call from Microsoft - they want us to develop exclusive DLCs"

2nd Bethesda guy: "forget what I said. We cut this feature and add this to the exclusive DLC. MUHAHAHAHA !!!"

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Just leave it at this. I said it was my opinion and that is exactly how my feelings on the subject will stay. I do not support taking out features that are a regular part of not just a series, but a regular feature in this companies "Open World" games and then being asked to pay for it later. Then to make it even worse only offer those staple features from the series to one portion of your customers while screwing the rest.

Trust me this will probably happen with the next Oblivion game and most likely the next Fallout. Option to continue after completing the main storyline will end up becoming a norm DLC from Bethesda. If that is fine with you, go ahead and pay, I am not stopping you, never intended to, but I on the other hand will just skip those games.

That's fine.

I just said you missed the point with this DLC.

badgenome said:
The_God_of_War said:
If Bethesda are going to alienate PS3 owners, PS3 owners should alienate their next game, not buy it and lose them tons of money. But I doubt that would happen. I'm not a fan of this whole exclusive DLC crap, really.

And lose themselves a port of the next next Bethesda game. 

Hardly anything to worry about considering Oblivion was disaster and Fallout 3 is at most average.

The only thing they make good are moding tools which allow modders to repair their games into something good.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

@Barozi: If there is a RPG developer that would take stuff from a game just to sell it afterwards as DLC, that developer is Bethesda... Horse Armor. Never Forget.

Griffin said:
badgenome said:
That's the way exclusive downloadable content works, and since this DLC was announced a long time ago, why should anybody be surprised?

Are you saying people should not be surprised when bethesda ends their game early.  I guess you would be happy if Gears or whatever never came with the last two levels and said they were only coming to the PS3 as DLC...

Hello... Halo 2... you know I broke a controller after it ended like it did.

edit:*looks down and gamer card* look at me... over 3 years later and I'm still trying to beat the second level on vetran... I'm pethetic... f' you Call of Duty 2

Around the Network
shio said:
@Barozi: If there is a RPG developer that would take stuff from a game just to sell it afterwards as DLC, that developer is Bethesda... Horse Armor. Never Forget.

I think they  more than made up for the horse armor... and that horse armor was awesome tyvm! :p

Bethesda has a long history of buggy games that are so large in scope that people get lost... ok maybe just Daggerfall, but that game was f'n huge.

If this is the "exclusive download" then Microsoft pulled a fast one... that's a little shady... if it's just Bethesda doing this out of the kindness of their hearts... maybe it was to much to do a PS3 version... *shrugs* either way it sucks.

shio said:

Horse Armor was horrible....

Kasz216 said:
Reasonable said:
Squilliam said:
It has something to do with the ease of development and the Live infrastructure plus, I think it makes it far easier and profitable to release DLC on the system and the likely payback is prime billing on the Spotlight channel and maybe royalty free downloading? In any case its significant free advertising and Microsoft still gets theirs back with extra sales of the game on their system as people will once again be reminded that the game exists.

Not sure about that.  Even Epic pointed out Live is more restictive on content than PSN with Unreal Tournament if I remember correctly.  I see no evidence it is easier to release a file on Live than PSN.

As for development that is moot here I believe.  The Fallout 3 engine is already there for both 360 and PS3.  The DLC is new content so far as I can see, nothing to do with further development of the core engine and code.  Therefore again I doubt it is any harder at this point to create some extra quests for PS3 vs. 360.

TBH I'm not a fan of Bethesda's DLC approach since they charged for saddlebags on Oblivion, nor do I respect their approach to the consumer.   I like aspects of their games, but really these decisions are decidely murky.  At least with Rockstar they are open as to exactly why the 360 is getting exclusive DLC.

No... but porting those same quests over from one to the other... that might be.

Remember for games to run on the PS3 as well as the 360 code needs to be modified specifically for it.

So after making the PC/360 quests said quests would need to be ported over to the PS3.

My point is I don't believe there will be much (if any) code to be ported.  Having built levels for Oblivion on PC and looking at the GECK tools on PC from what I've read this DLC is new assets (textures, etc) that will be used in the editing tool to create the new quests.  This does not touch code.  The code (the underlying engine) is right there already, both for PS3 and 360.

Even assuming there was a little extra work for PS3 looking at how quests, etc. are built via an editor as are assets it is unlikely to be enough extra work to indicate any loss of value releasing on PS3.

Bethesda, either through an agreement based on money, or some other incentive, are producing DLC for 360 that could easily be on PS3.  That is my point.  This is not becuase it's difficult on PS3 or PSN somehow limits releasing the content.

My other point is just because something is possible (an agreement for exclusive DLC in this case) doesn't mean it is right nor necessarily the best thing for the consumer.

In particular what I take exception with here is the principle that the DLC, rather than being totally unconnected new material, instead alters the original game in a significant way - i.e. removing the current ending, adding a new level cap and allowing players to continue with their characters (at least that's how it reads).  That to me is very questionable and indicates a practise that I don't believe should be endorsed.

The current global economic woes are based on trading practices that were considered perfectly legal, but in hingsight a think few would argue they should not have been endorsed.  While some DLC for a console is small peanuts by comparison the principle remains the same - accepting a business practice just because it is legal and all's fair in competition is in fact nonsense.

I do believe in this case MS & Bethesda have crossed a line of unfairly treating paying consumers, and that is not a good thing.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I would boycott their next game but I think it'll probably be ES5..

Maybe next time?

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41