By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bethesda Won't Commit To PS3 Fallout 3 Getting Ability To Play Post-Ending!

If it's just side quests, I don't see it as such a big deal..if you wanted to complete EVERYTHING, just do it before you finish the game. The only games I find this useful in are Star Ocean types where there are dungeons to play after you beat the game.

Then again, I haven't played Fallout 3 (yet), so I don't know the scale of the main quests/side quests or the stipulations that go along with them.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
It has something to do with the ease of development and the Live infrastructure plus, I think it makes it far easier and profitable to release DLC on the system and the likely payback is prime billing on the Spotlight channel and maybe royalty free downloading? In any case its significant free advertising and Microsoft still gets theirs back with extra sales of the game on their system as people will once again be reminded that the game exists.

Not sure about that.  Even Epic pointed out Live is more restictive on content than PSN with Unreal Tournament if I remember correctly.  I see no evidence it is easier to release a file on Live than PSN.

As for development that is moot here I believe.  The Fallout 3 engine is already there for both 360 and PS3.  The DLC is new content so far as I can see, nothing to do with further development of the core engine and code.  Therefore again I doubt it is any harder at this point to create some extra quests for PS3 vs. 360.

TBH I'm not a fan of Bethesda's DLC approach since they charged for saddlebags on Oblivion, nor do I respect their approach to the consumer.   I like aspects of their games, but really these decisions are decidely murky.  At least with Rockstar they are open as to exactly why the 360 is getting exclusive DLC.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

this wouldn't even need "proper" DLC.... so stupid

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Phrancheyez said:
If it's just side quests, I don't see it as such a big deal..if you wanted to complete EVERYTHING, just do it before you finish the game. The only games I find this useful in are Star Ocean types where there are dungeons to play after you beat the game.

Then again, I haven't played Fallout 3 (yet), so I don't know the scale of the main quests/side quests or the stipulations that go along with them.

Not just that.   There's an amazing gun you never get to use due to this problem. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

yeah the game is amazing i gave up on being the good guy and finishing the game. I just run around torturing people and killing them plus selling them into slavery and spreading rumors.

I TAKE NO SIDES

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
Squilliam said:
It has something to do with the ease of development and the Live infrastructure plus, I think it makes it far easier and profitable to release DLC on the system and the likely payback is prime billing on the Spotlight channel and maybe royalty free downloading? In any case its significant free advertising and Microsoft still gets theirs back with extra sales of the game on their system as people will once again be reminded that the game exists.

Not sure about that.  Even Epic pointed out Live is more restictive on content than PSN with Unreal Tournament if I remember correctly.  I see no evidence it is easier to release a file on Live than PSN.

As for development that is moot here I believe.  The Fallout 3 engine is already there for both 360 and PS3.  The DLC is new content so far as I can see, nothing to do with further development of the core engine and code.  Therefore again I doubt it is any harder at this point to create some extra quests for PS3 vs. 360.

TBH I'm not a fan of Bethesda's DLC approach since they charged for saddlebags on Oblivion, nor do I respect their approach to the consumer.   I like aspects of their games, but really these decisions are decidely murky.  At least with Rockstar they are open as to exactly why the 360 is getting exclusive DLC.

No... but porting those same quests over from one to the other... that might be.

Remember for games to run on the PS3 as well as the 360 code needs to be modified specifically for it.

So after making the PC/360 quests said quests would need to be ported over to the PS3.

So 360 owners are paying to be able to play after the credits!? Instead of saving before you finish.

blazinhead89 said:
So 360 owners are paying to be able to play after the credits!? Instead of saving before you finish.

Yes thats all we are paying for.............got a problem with it?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

this game should've been 360 exclusive. the number of issues with the ps3 version show that the devs didn't want to make it

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

it continues the story, at least thats what it says in the description of the DLC. I doubt its just going to be a pay to continue to play kind of patch.

PS3 owners shouldn't be pissed because it was always made clear that the ps3 wasn't getting the DLC.