By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Microsoft afraid of Killzone 2?? By Megaman2!!

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Hammer-of-Dawn said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
kowenicki said:
@nirvava

Halo3 is not a piece of crap... you may not like it... but it cannot be described as a piece of crap by anyone who is a non biased non fanboy gamer.

I dont like many games... but that doesnt make them a piece of crap.. it means they arent to my taste...

Exactly I am giving my opinion of the game. I am completely non biased as I own a 360 and love the shooter genre. I'm stating that the campaign was crap and I'm sure most people will agree with that. It was sub par compared to the first two games in the series in my view. I'm not a fanboy who overhypes it and says its a great game because it's the "cool" thing to do.

your lying to create false propaganda.

If u say u like shooters, and Halo 1-2, but not like Halo 3, you certianly went into the game expecting it to suck...........and there u go, you got what u wanted.

I think your saying it sucks cause its "the cool thing to do". Non-conformists ftw!!!!!!

First of all I'm not lying, I had high expectations for Halo 3,  with the amount of money that was going into the game ,ect I thought they were going to make it really epic and I was hugely dissapointed. Most people can admit that the campaign was terrible.

Also how is saying the game sucks the cool thing to do?? You have a large base of Halo fanboys like yourself who cry thier eyes out and then make retarded posts (like yourself) when someone has a different opinion about there beloved.

Get a life!

What exactly did you not like about Halo3's campaign?  I am by no means a Halo devotee (I like COD better) however I must admit I did love the campaign.  I played it through more than once with multiple friends.   I just don't see how anyone could say it was terrible with a strait face.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Vetteman94 said:
True, but when I got Goldeneye, I didnt even know that it had splitscreen until I got it. Halo was different, i knew about it, but that didnt matter either cause I never used it. Nowadays splitscreen is worthless unless its online or co-op story. With online gaming rapidly becoming "the thing to do", offline takes a back seat IMO.

Statistics show offline still has a 3:1 advantage over online, and these were from last year. You're not representative of the market.

Is that games or gamers? 

Vetteman94 said:
Squilliam said:
Vetteman94 said:
True, but when I got Goldeneye, I didnt even know that it had splitscreen until I got it. Halo was different, i knew about it, but that didnt matter either cause I never used it. Nowadays splitscreen is worthless unless its online or co-op story. With online gaming rapidly becoming "the thing to do", offline takes a back seat IMO.

Statistics show offline still has a 3:1 advantage over online, and these were from last year. You're not representative of the market.

Is that games or gamers? 

Gamers.

Tease.

Halo Wars, GTA4: Lost & Damned, Halo Wars Demo......all to try and kill some Killzone 2 sales.....its called strategic marketing and/or SMART!

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

I don't think afraid is right word. Trying to cock block Sony by releasing their largest exclusive for that quarter against Killzone 2 to potentially blunt it's impact? Yes.

Also, Killzone 2 has to not suck for it be a threat. Personally, GG (developer of such outstanding shooters such as Shellshock Nam'67 and Killzone) does not get the benefit of my doubt. I hope it turns out good though, I'm burned out on Halo and COD and want something new.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Vetteman94 said:
Squilliam said:
Vetteman94 said:

Is that games or gamers? 

Gamers.

Well that makes me wonder why the majority of developers seem to put the MP first, and campaign/offline modes last.  COD4, Halo 3 and R2 to name a few.  Cause lets face it, RPGs and platformers are the only genres that are excused of having online MP.  But now more and more people are screaming for even those games to have online MP.  I cant count the number of times I remember people saying how great Oblivion or Fable 2 would be great with an online/co-op mode of some type. And now more and more we are seeing those types of games offering online modes.  Probably because most games wont sell well without that feature, and another reason why offline splitscreen MP is an unnecessary feature.  Because if I had to bet, I would say online gamers buy more games.   Well anyway good talking to ya, you brought up some good points.

Kantor said:
Sigh.

You don't post these threads in Microsoft Discussion, you post them in Gaming. That way we get an even argument from both sides instead of seventeen posts attacking Killzone 2 and one defending it.

Halo Wars will outsell Killzone 2 first week without a doubt, but LT remains to be seen.

@Bugrimmar: Really? Won't touch 2 million? I say it'll cross 4 million.

Killzone 2 is gonna be bundled like mad, as it already is starting to be. I would be extremely surprised if it doesn't pass 4 mil. And Remember Halo Wars is a strategy game, I bet Killzone 2 will outsell its first week.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Considering Strat games don't sell well on consoles, if it isn't outsold by KZ2 by a very hefty # its first week it would be very pathetic. IMO

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Vetteman94 said:
Squilliam said:
Vetteman94 said:
Squilliam said:
Vetteman94 said:

Is that games or gamers? 

Gamers.

Well that makes me wonder why the majority of developers seem to put the MP first, and campaign/offline modes last.  COD4, Halo 3 and R2 to name a few.  Cause lets face it, RPGs and platformers are the only genres that are excused of having online MP.  But now more and more people are screaming for even those games to have online MP.  I cant count the number of times I remember people saying how great Oblivion or Fable 2 would be great with an online/co-op mode of some type. And now more and more we are seeing those types of games offering online modes.  Probably because most games wont sell well without that feature, and another reason why offline splitscreen MP is an unnecessary feature.  Because if I had to bet, I would say online gamers buy more games.   Well anyway good talking to ya, you brought up some good points.

I would guess because multiplayer is easier to make than single player campaigns.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

glad to have you back megaman2 =)