By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Microsoft afraid of Killzone 2?? By Megaman2!!

Kzoellner said:
^ yes sir

Which part?  It wasnt the online MP,  maybe offline did but how can you count that?   Cause  1 vs 1 doesnt sound like much fun? 

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
Kzoellner said:
^ yes sir

Which part?  It wasnt the online MP,  maybe offline did but how can you count that?   Cause  1 vs 1 doesnt sound like much fun? 

4 player offline splitscreen, just like Goldeneye. The maps' large sizes are compensated by you having your enemie's orange dot located on your map at all times, not just when they shoot.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

The hype of KZ2 goes over the top, but to falsely bash it to goes too far. One can talk about sales, how KZ2 won't be a game changer, how it isn't better than Crysis. One can also question the storyline and art direction to. But to say it sucks, is washed up, and isn't going to be competent, is going too far.

KZ2 figures to be a really good to great FPS on the PS3 and only the PS3. Let's leave it at that and see how it works when it gets into people's hands.

By the way, I want to comment on the split-screen multiplayer coop comment. How is this a MUST HAVE basic feature? If the game features bot, and multiplayer and you can create teams to battle bots, then why get all upset about no split-screen coop? Gee, how many PC games have split-screen coop. If the game is going to suffer doing that, then it is best to not do that.

Hard to belive people never get sick of futuristic FPSes.

MS has a lock on "hardcore" gamers so I doubt they're shitting themselves. MS can hype even better than Sony.

richardhutnik said:
The hype of KZ2 goes over the top, but to falsely bash it to goes too far. One can talk about sales, how KZ2 won't be a game changer, how it isn't better than Crysis. One can also question the storyline and art direction to. But to say it sucks, is washed up, and isn't going to be competent, is going too far.

KZ2 figures to be a really good to great FPS on the PS3 and only the PS3. Let's leave it at that and see how it works when it gets into people's hands.

By the way, I want to comment on the split-screen multiplayer coop comment. How is this a MUST HAVE basic feature? If the game features bot, and multiplayer and you can create teams to battle bots, then why get all upset about no split-screen coop? Gee, how many PC games have split-screen coop. If the game is going to suffer doing that, then it is best to not do that.

Hmm how many shooters without split-screen have sold over 3M on consoles?

How many shooters with split screen have sold over 5M on consoles?

1. ? Not many.

2. Lots.

What % of console gamers play multiplayer online? ~20%

What % of console gamers play multiplayer locally? ~65%

Whats the number 1 accessory sold in consoles today even now? An extra controller.

Whats the % of users with online access on consoles? <50%

Whats the % of users with online access who even play shooters online? X% of 50%

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
richardhutnik said:

1. ? Not many.

2. Lots.

Whats the number 1 accessory sold in consoles today even now? An extra controller.

Whats the % of users with online access who even play shooters online? X% of 50%

0 on PS3, 3 on 360

Given the track record of Sony exclusives....I don't have high hopes that KZ2 is going to save anything. May be a good, or even great game in it's own right, but the precedent is there for it to not overwhelm us.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Vetteman94 said:
Squilliam said:
richardhutnik said:

1. ? Not many.

2. Lots.

0 on PS3, 3 on 360

Theres also the question of whether such landmark games as Halo CE and Goldeneye would have sold nearly as much if they didn't have split screen.

Tease.

True, but when I got Goldeneye, I didnt even know that it had splitscreen until I got it. Halo was different, i knew about it, but that didnt matter either cause I never used it. Nowadays splitscreen is worthless unless its online or co-op story. With online gaming rapidly becoming "the thing to do", offline takes a back seat IMO.

Vetteman94 said:
True, but when I got Goldeneye, I didnt even know that it had splitscreen until I got it. Halo was different, i knew about it, but that didnt matter either cause I never used it. Nowadays splitscreen is worthless unless its online or co-op story. With online gaming rapidly becoming "the thing to do", offline takes a back seat IMO.

Statistics show offline still has a 3:1 advantage over online, and these were from last year. You're not representative of the market.

Tease.