By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Microsoft afraid of Killzone 2?? By Megaman2!!

I don't think they are scared. They just know that Killzone 2 is the best game coming out around this time, and it has the potential to shift momentum in Sony's direction. All they are trying to do is ralley the media around all things 360 so that K2 gets the same treatment as every other amazing PS3 game. It's just good stratagy, and it seems to have worked every time so far.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Crappin bricks.

Their only strong hold is about to be annihilated, they are not dumb they know they are screwed with out a massive strong hold on shooters.

yeah i agree they're worried about how good it will be. And all the 360 fanboys trying to play it off saying how bad Killzone was so number 2 will be bad.

twingo said:
Crappin bricks.

Their only strong hold is about to be annihilated, they are not dumb they know they are screwed with out a massive strong hold on shooters.

One game will not change the over 16 million copies of Call of Duty: WaW, Halo 3, and Gears 2 that have been sold on the 360 combined.  I don't think the 360's shooter strong hold is going anywhere.

twingo said:
Crappin bricks.

Even if KZ2 outsells Gears2 for instance, how does this effect the overal dominance of the 360 in shooters?  It will not matter much at all in the long run because this is just a single game.  And more than likely a sequel would be atleast 2-3 years down the road when M$ will more than likely be looking at the next box.  

KZ2 will have moderate sales, and then the hype will die.  I seriously doubt it will have the legs of Call of Duty, Halo, or even Gears.  But we will find out soon enough I guess.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network
megaman2 said:

Microsoft should be very scared, since Killzone 2 appears to have gameplay which lives up to it's astounding visuals, and cannot be done on the 360.

Best console visuals without a sweat, promising gameplay, 32-player online, promised DLC, no install, and massive hype. I bet even Nintendo got a chill down their spine.

Without a sweat? The game lacks split screen, the most basic functionality in all shooters of the last few generations. And I don't mean Coop. I mean no splitscreen period. I'd say having to leave otu critical functionality in order to achieve the graphics you want counts as "sweating."

You have a friend over who likes shooters? He better bring his own PS3 and copy of Killzone. The big shooter franchises gain traction by people having friends over and getting them hooked. This can't happen with KZ2.

"Visuals which can't be done on the 360?" Don't act like those visuals come without cost, that Sony is putting out a graphical titan which beats 360 equivalents in every way. Fact is, if you have a couple guys over your house, and wanna play a shooter, you're gonna be reaching for CoD, Halo3, Resistance 2, or Gears.

Remember a week ago when Kaz said the 360 lacks longevity? Well, you can say that abotu KZ2. Remember what gives games legs: staying current. The reason a game like Halo 3 is still in the top 40 sales 16 months after release, is because friends hang out, someone suggests they play some Halo, and then one of those guys who recently got a 360 gets exposed to this game he now wants to buy. No split screen means once the game's initial release hype dies down, the sales flatline as well.

Megaman - Does sony pay you to write this pointless, factless, fraudulent, flame bait?

kz2 = smoke and mirrors

Typical sony - overpromising and underdelivering

Jereel Hunter said:
megaman2 said:

Microsoft should be very scared, since Killzone 2 appears to have gameplay which lives up to it's astounding visuals, and cannot be done on the 360.

Best console visuals without a sweat, promising gameplay, 32-player online, promised DLC, no install, and massive hype. I bet even Nintendo got a chill down their spine.

Without a sweat? The game lacks split screen, the most basic functionality in all shooters of the last few generations. And I don't mean Coop. I mean no splitscreen period. I'd say having to leave otu critical functionality in order to achieve the graphics you want counts as "sweating."

You have a friend over who likes shooters? He better bring his own PS3 and copy of Killzone. The big shooter franchises gain traction by people having friends over and getting them hooked. This can't happen with KZ2.

"Visuals which can't be done on the 360?" Don't act like those visuals come without cost, that Sony is putting out a graphical titan which beats 360 equivalents in every way. Fact is, if you have a couple guys over your house, and wanna play a shooter, you're gonna be reaching for CoD, Halo3, Resistance 2, or Gears.

Remember a week ago when Kaz said the 360 lacks longevity? Well, you can say that abotu KZ2. Remember what gives games legs: staying current. The reason a game like Halo 3 is still in the top 40 sales 16 months after release, is because friends hang out, someone suggests they play some Halo, and then one of those guys who recently got a 360 gets exposed to this game he now wants to buy. No split screen means once the game's initial release hype dies down, the sales flatline as well.

Call of Duty 4 on PS3 had split screen?

^ yes sir

Jereel Hunter said:
megaman2 said:

That pretty much sums up a lot of my thoughts. http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Gears+of+War+-+X360&reg2=All&game2=&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=145

Nearly 6M sales! This is just Microsofts 2nd tier exclusive shooter franchise. It would take a lot to match this title, and it released when the Xbox 360 only had 6M consoles sold.

Tease.