By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Microsoft afraid of Killzone 2?? By Megaman2!!

You can play Crysis on a Mac.

Around the Network
Dianko said:
Squilliam said:
I played the beta, it was excellent. Theres nothing more to add really until the thing comes out and people can see for themselves.

What kind of feel did the MP have in relation to, say COD and Halo?

Its hard to say... It defines the gameplay in its own way and its definately not copying Halo, much closer to your COD's. It was the first "realistic" shooter I liked, and the same applied to Makingmusic476. Its probably sharing a lot with COD IV though I haven't played that game much and there are definately some elements of TF2's mission and class type systems. On top of that it does what I can only describe as an X factor as to how it all comes together. Visually its hard to call it outstanding until you sit back and take it all in. The way the visuals all work together, nothing stands out and it immerses you so well you "forget" about the visuals. I guess in a way its probably one of the best testaments to the game itself.

Tease.

Well played Squilliam, i completely agree. The whole experience playing the beta was awe inspiring.

BTW, it sucks your prediction already failed

@Vetteman: Thanks! Yeah, don't make predictions when you come home from Christmas parties... I knew it was bad as soon as I sobered up.

Tease.

I hate the anti- Sony defense that the first killzone wasn't good. The first Killzone was a different game and KZ2 is in a whole other league.
We are not talking about a mediocre jump between the first and second iteration. It will be monumental.. and this has been proven already just from online videos.

This situation of completely revamping everything and starting from absolute scratch, (as is evident in Killzone 2) is very unhead of.

This is a different series- starting now with Killzone 2. There was probably some discussion on whether or not the millions and millions of dollars and developer handouts from across all of the internal dev teams at Sony should even go towards a game called Killzone 2, or if Gorilla should have just come out with a new series.

It is a double edged sword really. Sony marketing and gorilla know that either way there will be very whiny people on forums complaining about the following:

"weeeeellllll , you see... I personally know for a fact since I know this... that since the firrrst killzone was not good, that the second won't be either." "I played Halo and the first was good. But the first Killzone wasn't and since Halo 2 was so much like the first, that means that Killzone 2 will be like the first as well. Soooo therefor Killzone 2 will be sooooo bad. I cant believe it"

(of course all of this will be said in a very nasally fanboy voice where between typing the sentances the fanboy takes a moment to appreciate Microsoft and smell their own farts.)

OR (If Sony and Gorilla had decided on a new IP with the same tech instead)

"This will fail. This is not Halo. New IP's sell like crap. I don't care how good a game is.. I will only buy games that are marketed well. I will burn Sony to the ground."

One or the other is inevitable. But until it is realized by everyone that Killzone 2 may very likely be the best all around FPS for any console, and it will be out almost all year without any competition, (until possibly Modern Warfare 2) then there is simply no hope for rational discussion or thought.

Consumers are essentially blind. They can hear marketing, but may never be able to see a great thing coming. I don't understand why anyone would have bad things to say about Killzone 2. Why would anyone wish bad upon it?

Even if Sony and their marketing stumble through the launch of Killzone 2, it will still sell great. By Christmas, I personally believe it will have surpassed MGS4 as the highest selling PS3 exclusive.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

i bet they are a lil dscared because if you look at it my way there is no game that is even gonna stand close to killzone untill resident evil 5 2009 is gonna be a rough year for us...

Vetteman94 said:

Actually you can't unless you have Windows installed via boot camp AND have one of the $4000 models that actually comes with a decent video card.  Otherwise, no, you will not be playing Crysis on a Mac, and since you can only play it via Windows installed ON a Mac, it's still technically MS since Windows is MS.

Our Blog: Xbox LIVE Presents $25,000 “13 Days of Gears” Sweepstakes

BY NICKSMITH
Friday January 23, 2009
We got you all pumped up for the launch of Gears of War 2 by showering you with trailers&videos and even going as far as to making a guide to help you successfully navigate the GOW2 launch. We warned you of the glitches. We even took the time to compare the Flashback maps to the original 'Gears' game and kept you informed when the Combustible maps dropped. So you should have no reason to not be informed and not playing GOW2 on a regular basis. That being said, Microsoft is throwing down $25k to people playing (aka you) over 13 days. The details are below... but to some it up, play and win.

---

Xbox LIVE Presents $25,000 “13 Days of Gears” Sweepstakes
Fans can register to win prizes every day for 13 days straight beginning Feb. 1 by playing “Gears of War 2” on Xbox LIVE

Microsoft Game Studios today announced “13 Days of Gears,” a special promotion that kicks off Feb. 1 in the U.S. where players can win fantastic prize packages every day for 13 straight days. Dozens of winners will be selected at random over the 13 day period to win “Gears of War” themed prize packages collectively worth over $25,000.

Registration for “13 Days of Gears” is now open and runs through Jan. 31 at www.xbox.com/wbgow and on Xbox LIVE. Players can register for the promotion through either method as well as access a variety of “Gears of War 2” content. Then from Feb. 1-13, all players need to do to be eligible for the day’s prizes is to play a match of the predetermined “Gears of War 2” multiplayer mode for that day. Thirteen Grand Prize packages will be awarded (one each day), consisting of:

A Samsung 40” 1080p LCD HDTV
An Xbox 360 Limited Edition Red Wireless Controller
A Marcus Fenix bronze statue from Mindzeye Studios
A life-size Locust drone maquette from TriForce Sales
The “Gears of War 2” video game soundtrack from Sumthing Else
The Gears of War Aspho Fields novel from Random House imprint, Del Rey
Codes to download the golden Hammerburst and Lancer
A “Gears of War 2” poster signed by members of the development team
In addition, five daily First Prizes will be awarded, which will include the soundtrack, novel, in-game golden weapons and a signed poster.
The “13 Days of Gears” sweepstakes schedule is below:

Date Multiplayer Game Mode
Sunday, Feb. 1 Annex
Monday, Feb. 2 Submission
Tuesday, Feb. 3 Execution
Wednesday, Feb 4. Horde
Thursday, Feb. 5 King of the Hill
Friday, Feb. 6 Guardian
Saturday, Feb. 7 Warzone
Sunday, Feb. 8 Wingman
Monday, Feb. 9 King of the Hill
Tuesday, Feb. 10 Wingman
Wednesday, Feb. 11 Wingman
Thursday, Feb. 12 Horde
Friday, Feb. 13 Horde

One of the top-selling games of holiday 2008,“Gears of War 2” is exclusively available on Xbox 360 and is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB.

For a full list of sweepstakes rules and to register, visit www.xbox.com/wbgow. For the latest updates on “Gears of War 2” visit http://www.pwnordie.com/blog/posts/13250" target="_blank" class="link">www.GearsOfWar.com.http://www.pwnordie.com/blog/posts/13250

uh huh................................

nightsurge said:
Vetteman94 said:

Actually you can't unless you have Windows installed via boot camp AND have one of the $4000 models that actually comes with a decent video card.  Otherwise, no, you will not be playing Crysis on a Mac, and since you can only play it via Windows installed ON a Mac, it's still technically MS since Windows is MS.

Nice spin  on the whole Crysis is now MS exclusive. It isnt developed by MS or published by Microsoft,  the hardware used isnt Microsoft either.  Microsoft WILL see no money from Crysis sales.  Its not MS exclusive, no matter how you try and spin it.

nightsurge said:

MGS4 - 3.75 million (released around the same time of the year as Killzone 2 will)

wat... june =/= february. Seriously. It's cold in february while in june it's hawt.

Check out my game about moles ^