By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which one should I buy ? PS3 or Xbox 360 ?

WarmachineX said:
Squilliam said:
I looked at your games collection, since you liked Goldeneye you might be interested in local multiplayer games, if you are the Xbox 360 does have a significant advantage in this area with both Gears of War and Halo 3 being fantastic in this arena. Theres also some 4 player Xbox Live games such as Uno and Castle-Crashers which you should take a look at also.

The Xbox 360 at this point has a significant advantage in the price of games and you can get a really good library for next to nothing. The games may be one year older, but they are just as fun.

The Xbox 360 has access to services such as Netflix which let you stream movies, satelite radio and it allows custom sound-tracks with all your games.

The use of batteries is probably an advantage for you since you already likely have recharable batteries for the Wii so the chances are you'll have charged batteries if you ever need them. You won't be forced to plug in your controller if you run out.

Lastly its cheaper! A low cost of entry for what will essentially be a 2nd fiddle system makes a lot of sense, don't you agree? If you find yourself completely besotted by the HD experience you can add a HDD to increase functionality but why pay for something you don't need initially?

Finally! Someone that actually cares about what the person really wants rather than pushing their own fanboyism. - thx squil

The 360 is cheaper and anything worth playing is on the 360 or multi-platform anyway. If you still want a ps3 afterward, there is sure to be a price drop by the end of the year.

No problem, though if the OP was to post some additional info it would help one way or the other. Since I didn't have that information its easier to suggest the Xbox 360 as I didn't have to make as many assumptions.

One other piece of info about the 360 is that you can plug it into a computer monitor and share the connection as most monitors nowadays come with both a DVI and VGA connection, which is how I have my 2nd Xbox 360 attached.

Tease.

Around the Network

You should get the 360 is you prefer the ultimate gaming experience, especially its online focused experience. It's also more affordable at first. The game library is currently larger than the competition. 95% equal or better third party versions.

You should get a PS3 if you have more money to spend and want blu-ray. PS3's current and future library is basically a carbon copy of what 360 has, except little big planet, which is only available for PS3.

Two things you have to remember: 1) don't listen to Sony fanboys about reliable hardware and stuffs, RROD is SO last gen. We are entering the 3rd 360 revision. Even the falcon was relatively acceptable. 2) Don't ever focus on any companies' potential and promises. It's all marketing to make people buy their products. Focus on what's available and what you want.

get the 360 if you like crapy hardware
get the ps3 if you like burning holes into your pockets

Buy the PS360 and get it over with.

Both have great games. Search through this site and see which ones you like best. Asking another person to make that kind of decision for you is kind of... Well, it'd be like your name is George and you're President of a country. Instead of thinking for yourself, you are constantly asking some guy named Dick what you should do next.

Don't listen to Dick.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

PS3 it has much more diverse game library than only shooters and shooter like RPGs.

It won't be spending half it's life in Microsoft service being repaired if you get unlucky :)
It won't scratch your cds when a mosquito lands on your console :D
You won't have to pay to play your online games.

And it will play amazing quality movies with lossless audio if you want.

Price premium is only 100$ compared to pro model (unless you go with arcade which can't hold any serious amount of downloadable games, won't have space for downloading demos, hell it might even have problems with keeping patches for everything you play at the moment).

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
reptile168 said:
Two things you have to remember: 1) don't listen to Sony fanboys about reliable hardware and stuffs, RROD is SO last gen. We are entering the 3rd 360 revision. Even the falcon was relatively acceptable. 2) Don't ever focus on any companies' potential and promises. It's all marketing to make people buy their products. Focus on what's available and what you want.

Oh so listening to incoming features and promises is wrong but telling people new units where 3rd revision is being sold for grand total of 3 months is perfectly reliable is ok ? :)

Or do you have some hidden time machine to tell us that 3 years from now in the future Jasper x360 truly never breaks :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
reptile168 said:

Oh so listening to incoming features and promises is wrong but telling people new units where 3rd revision is being sold for grand total of 3 months is perfectly reliable is ok ? :)

Or do you have some hidden time machine to tell us that 3 years from now in the future Jasper x360 truly never breaks :D

Or you could just assume that since the last revision of 360s didn't break (and to an extent, the revision before that), that a new one won't break either.

Or maybe you're a Sony fan, the most unreliable console manufacturer to date. History is a bitch.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Buy a PS3; it is the best deal:

*FREE ONLINE and FREE DEMOS: You dont require to pay in order to access the store or to play online.
*BLURAY:To watch HD movies
*The HDD is bigger: More stuff to store
*You can download saves from the internet to help you progress in the game you want: You cant do it on the 360
*MGS4: Best game of the year in a LOT of places
*KILLZONE2: Most likely will be the best FPS yet
*GOD OF WAR 3: Sequel to the best action game of the last gen
*A LOT of PS3 exclusives
*Multiplatform titles.

@ rocketpig: you might want to tackle reptile's post too, since the only game the 360 doesn't have that the ps3 does have, is LBP according to him.

In any case, it's basically what squilliam said: A 360 is probably the best place to start, unless you want the specific features of a ps3 and if you are really interested in the PS3's exclusives. That's what actually tied me over to the ps3 (in my case).

As has been said several times:

-Look at the games. This is more important than anything else.
-Do you want Blu-ray?
-Can you afford to spend $400 on a console?
-Do you want free online or slightly better online for $50 a year?

Now, if the PS3 wins the first category and loses every other category (except maybe the third, but if that was the case you wouldn't be asking), you should go PS3, and vice versa.

If, however, you like both exclusive libraries equally, look at the second and fourth options and make your decision.

That was the unbiased part.

Now, the biased part: Get a PS3.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective