By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which one should I buy ? PS3 or Xbox 360 ?

Squilliam said:
I looked at your games collection, since you liked Goldeneye you might be interested in local multiplayer games, if you are the Xbox 360 does have a significant advantage in this area with both Gears of War and Halo 3 being fantastic in this arena. Theres also some 4 player Xbox Live games such as Uno and Castle-Crashers which you should take a look at also.

The Xbox 360 at this point has a significant advantage in the price of games and you can get a really good library for next to nothing. The games may be one year older, but they are just as fun.

The Xbox 360 has access to services such as Netflix which let you stream movies, satelite radio and it allows custom sound-tracks with all your games.

The use of batteries is probably an advantage for you since you already likely have recharable batteries for the Wii so the chances are you'll have charged batteries if you ever need them. You won't be forced to plug in your controller if you run out.

Lastly its cheaper! A low cost of entry for what will essentially be a 2nd fiddle system makes a lot of sense, don't you agree? If you find yourself completely besotted by the HD experience you can add a HDD to increase functionality but why pay for something you don't need initially?

who needs built int recharge batteries

Around the Network

Buy a PS3 when it's cheaper.

Or you might find out you don't need one.

If you can initially afford the PS3, it's much more worth the money.

It's full of useful features, and it's keeping improving a lot through firmware updates.
If you're looking for a media center for your living room, go for it.

It has a huge collection of great games already, and the lineup for 2009 is terrific.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

PS3 because of its reliabilty, you cant be safe with console which has 33% failure rate, but if you like online play and dont have too much money to spend go with 360

Xbox 360 is a better console than ps3

More games
awesome online gaming
you will not want to miss Gears 2

Around the Network

If you have the money, ps3, if not, 360

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

If you can afford it, PS3. It's had better games for the last year and a better lineup this year. Of course that's just my opinion but.......my opinions are always right. Or if money is an issue go for the 360.

thanks for all the comments boys and girls...

I see that a lot of peoples are in the 360 camp. There is one things that bugs me with the 360 it's the fiability. have they improve there machine since the begining ? Cause the RROD makes me scare...

Sylvain316 said:
I see that a lot of peoples are in the 360 camp. There is one things that bugs me with the 360 it's the fiability. have they improve there machine since the begining ? Cause the RROD makes me scare...

RROD is no more! and no mandatory installs is a big plus for 360,the negative thing is how loud it is,but thats only if your close.