By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which one should I buy ? PS3 or Xbox 360 ?

360 much much better game selection. even though you dont get free internet you get gears 2 left4dead and halo. great games plus the XBLA arcade is great and same with downloadable content

Around the Network

get 360, best online content ( tons of xbl games,movies,music,add-on,demos,can download xbox originals ), better controller,if u get the xbox 360 elite u get hdmi,ethernet cable,headset included in your package ( where u would have too buy them seperate for the ps3 ) u get better recharge life for your controller than u get for the ps3's controller, also if u have a nexflix account u can use the service on the 360 for no additional fee,if u like fps / rpg's / it has the best selection of those genre's. every game has achievements , so u dont have too worry about which games has trophies for the ps3 ( not many have them yet ). u can play most of the original xbox games on it, where as on the ps3 u cant play any of the ps2 games unless u could find a older ps3 system somewhere that has b/c in it. it has ff11 online ( a mmorpg ) if u like those type of games, for example if u like gta 4 and fallout 3 and want too play them long after u beat them then, u can get the dlc for them. because its only on the 360. doesnt have motion controls but that is fine because on the ps3 the motion controls are complete crap.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

SSSBOLIMAR said:
360 much much better game selection. even though you dont get free internet you get gears 2 left4dead and halo. great games plus the XBLA arcade is great and same with downloadable content

@Bolded- Thats misleading, its much better in your opinion, but he'd have to check out the genres and titles for himself to choose.

Because at this point in time, PS3 has at the very least on par with the 360 or greater in terms of games.

FALSE! you got resitance and lbp and mgs4 im sorry but 1 of thos isnt really an online game and online gaming is all the rage nowadays
Sorry to flame

From a person who have both system I said you should go with the 360 for right now first. Most of the 360 great games are now around $25, so you get more value of games. 360 right now have a better selection of games including FPS and RPGs.

Around the Network

Really depends. The PS3 i wouldnt consider just a gaming console, but a multimedia powerhouse. It can play blu-ray, download movies, play music in background of games. Not to mention it has free online, wifi, and a 80GB harddrive. Still, its high priced and there not a whole lot of games out there yet, but pretty soon an investment on the ps3 will turn out to be gr8 bcus many of the best ps3 games will come out in the next year.

The 360 has developed to be a very good console. Controller feels nice, xbox live is a gr8 online experience, and it has plenty of games. It lacks wi-fi, and blu-ray, but I find buying a 50ft ethernet for weired internet cord can make up for it :P. Plus, you can go to amazon and buy 13 months of xbox live gold for $40. Newer models wont be prone to RRoD becus the jasperunits should start to roll in in all versions (arcade 100% confirmed, pro model has shown up but still uses falcon)

Now for the games, 360 has tons of shooters and RPGS. It u prefer those, buy the 360. Halo 3, GoW2, Left 4 Dead, Cod:WaW and Cod4. Plus RPGS include Fable 2, Fallout 3, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Last REmnant, Star Ocean, Tales of Vesperia.

For the PS3, its more action based including MGS4, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Motorstorm, LBP but still have some nice exclusive shooters including Resistance 2 and the upcoming KillZone 2.

My advice: 360 is strictly for gaming. Xbox live has achievements for playing your games and not to mention its cheaper too. More people play it online so you have plenty of friends to buddy up and create parties. The PS3 is more of a multimedia but more of the best ps3 games can live up to the single player experience. I'd go for the 360 mainly bcus its well developed and u have plenty of choices. The PS3 is getting there but u may end up finding it less playful and more of a entertainment center. If u go for the pro, u save $100 and use that u pick up live + a extra game.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

I say ps3:)

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

the PS3 has better HW (no rrod, bluray, more powerful, free online)

the 360 has better online (or so i here) and a better selection of games (as of right now)

I personally chose a PS3 over a 360 because the HW is better, and GT5 is looking really awsome. Most of the games I wanted besides GT are on both consoles (CoD, Oblivion, Madden)

basically, you like me being a Wii owner might be a better fit for the PS3. The Wii and PS3 have no overlap, the 360 overlap a tap more (but not much still)

So my advice, which is the though process if you are into Halo, Gears, or Fable- I would get a 360.

If you think you are more into MGS, GT, Uncharted, killzone, or Resistence, and dont yet have a BD player, then get a PS3.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Most of the (as in 'all') 360's game are also out for PC and PC > Consoles.
My pick this gen is PC + PS3.

Let the games decide

Halo 3, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Alan Wake, Forza 3, Dead Rising, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Bioshock 2. +downloadable content to Fallout 3 and GTA4.

against

MGS4, Hevenly Sword, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Lil Big Planet, God ov War 3, Grand Turismo 5, Uncharted 1 & 2.