By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of duty Modern Warfare 2 on Wii?

I would say it would only be done externally if Activision convinces IW to allow it, IW made it clear that they would have nothing to do with the Wii during an interview for COD4. And due to their sucess, I doubt Activision would want to try to force anything out of IW. :o

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

It may be coming but I highly doubt Infinity Ward will do a Wii port. Treyarch could do it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

a3hmax said:
Blackbird3216: that´s an official confirmation.

Deathgod33, actually COD5 it´s between Wii´s top10actually, it´s a good reason.

SHMUPGURUS, COOLESTGUYEVER: it´s an official confirmation, Infinite ward it´s gonna make it, Activision don´t care if They want or not to do it.

Proof please.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

well if it does come to wii then they should at least make the game have all the features of the HD counterparts

as some have pointed out, this is IW, not Treyarch. Though IGN say Treyarch may make a port, it would not be the same game as the proper versions

Infinity Ward do not have the manpower to make PS360PC game and a separate Wii game. And they need to make the PS360PC one really good, because there are huge expectations on this game, so they'll want to spend all their time making sure that is great, without having to worry about another platform

Around the Network

they should do it

and realease it with 'wii online plus' in the box

friends lists, headset, way to message new people you meet easy, that kind of stuff

seriously, i love wii shooter controls, but the online means i will only get these for 360.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

I would only buy it if infinity Ward would make it

ameratsu said:
a3hmax said:
Blackbird3216: that´s an official confirmation.

Deathgod33, actually COD5 it´s between Wii´s top10actually, it´s a good reason.

SHMUPGURUS, COOLESTGUYEVER: it´s an official confirmation, Infinite ward it´s gonna make it, Activision don´t care if They want or not to do it.

Proof please.

Yeah, I'd like to see the press release.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

AMERATSU, OUTLAWAURON: Wii version was announced at the same time than PS360, PC and DS, if you have a doubt about this version, ALL VERSIONS where simultaniously announced, the same day for all the systems.

Now, in this moment the real question is ¿are gonna use the same engine than Treyarch or a version from COD5? just after the figt between TA and IW i really doubt they are going left some "weak points" in the game. They are in rage against TA by declarations of their chief,

MUNKEH111, remember IW it´s not going to bring any more actuallizations for COD4, they are hard working on COD6 from a while, but they have as advantage an Engine previously made for the WII avaible.

I almost forgot, these are the proofs:
In Spanish:
http://www.vandal.net/juegos/wii/call-of-duty:-modern-warfare-2/9312

In english:
http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14281103.html

As you can see the the info offered by Activision is the same for all systems, in little word doubt about Wii version it´s the same then doubt about PS360.

Activision makes the call which developer handles the game, not IW or Treyarch.

However, the game has already been in development for a year. Someone stated only Treyarch has the manpower but how can they be doing it now if the game has been in development for a year already while also having been working on all those other projects for the past year?

I believe Infinity Ward has the manpower for 4 simultaneous SKU's (CoD: MW2 for PS3, X360, PC and Wii ) versus Treyarch doing 8 simultaneous SKU's plus collaboration on 3 others last year alone (and develop the CoD4 engine for Wii too).

IF - 90 employees.
Treyarch - 140 employees.

One must also remember that last time, IW had to develop the CoD 4 game engine. They don't have to create a new game engine this time which frees up a lot of resources.

I'm not saying it's IF for certain but they are actually the most likely studio given the circumstances.

The rEVOLution is not being televised