By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of duty Modern Warfare 2 on Wii?

Well WaW is already profitable on Wii and still selling strongly so why wouldn't they?

Around the Network

If they don't make a version for Wii they're idiots.

coolestguyever said:
nah its not coming. If Modern Warfare 1 didn't, why would 2?

1. Because the engine is running on the Wii now.

2. Because more money is better than just money.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Blackbird3216: that´s an official confirmation.

Deathgod33, actually COD5 it´s between Wii´s top10actually, it´s a good reason.

SHMUPGURUS, COOLESTGUYEVER: it´s an official confirmation, Infinite ward it´s gonna make it, Activision don´t care if They want or not to do it.

SETHNINTENDO, HYPERION, remenber this won´t be a port, Frontlines was really the last for PS2 (and was very low quality compared Wii version).

AJHABFAN: treyarch nor infinite ward haven´t worked on DS versions, i can´t remenber the company name, but was a parallel work, and very good for COD5.

And my opinion: Activision bosses are specting a good increase of FPS public on WII, thanks to The Conduit, obviusly they want a piece of he cake, and COD 5 just showed up FPS can make it on WII, it´s question of have a little more.

I hope not, No flood of FPS's on my Wii please, My PS3 get's enough of those and it's not even an Xbox360.

Heck even Saints Row is pretty much a shooter. V_V Granted I never played one, guess it's time to play some kirby.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:

cause it would be silly to not produce a version for the highest selling platform of this gen

Nintendo is a constant in life. Nintendo is the place where you can always go to have a great time, whether that is alone or together with friends. Nintendo made dozens of all time classics which are more than just amazing games. Nintendo is a gaming company. Nintendo raised our sorry asses better than a parent ever could. Nintendo is a religion. Nintendo is what drove gaming forward and what continues to drive gaming forward. Nintendo saved gaming in the '80s. Nintendo is saving gaming again right now.

Nintendo IS the industry. Nintendo IS gaming. - BY RolStoppable

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Dont know.......dont want.......dont care.

YesWiiCan said:
If they don't make a version for Wii they're idiots.

Not necessarily.  Just beacuse something is profitable does not mean it's automatically the best option.  ROI might be much greater for somthing else.

Personally I think it will happen just because of the economic situation, but it's not guaranteed.

coolestguyever said:

The Call of Duty 4 game engine was not ready in time for a Wii version of CoD4.   It was finalized in time for CoD: WaW and would be pointless to develop a Wii version of a specific game series game engine and use it on only two games (CoD: WaW and QoS).

The rEVOLution is not being televised

If it does come too Wii, I'll buy it even though I'm not big on shooters.