By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I played Metroid Prime 3 today...

So someone at work today got an advanced copy of MP3 and let us watch and play for a bit today. I missed the long playthrough he did earlier but got to play some later. I didn't get long to play it but damn. After playing the Bioshock demo I was pretty sure I was going to get Bioshock over MP3 but now I'm on the fence again.

I didn't play long but the controls are great. They're a little funny for about the first 30 seconds but then they just feel wonderful. Even the little parts where you bring out Samus' hand even works pretty well. The Wii remote is used just like a mouse pointer in that in move it right, left, or up to look around and use the thumbstick on the nunchuck to move. A is shoot/talk/interact, B jumps, C turns you into a ball, and Z locks on and scans when you have your scan visor up. Bringing up the scan visor was about the only really awkward thing for me. You have to hold down the - button, look up, and then you enter scan mode and that just seemed a little funny.

As for the combat, you don't have auto aim. You may have the lock on but it doesn't auto aim for you and the movement just feels great. I can't say too much about it since I didn't get to do much combat (was mainly only on the beginning) but it feels pretty good. A little funny thing I noticed while running through the first ship was that when you shoot to open the doors sometimes it lags a second because I'm pretty sure it's loading the area behind it. There were a few times that I would run into a door because I guess it just wasn't loaded it. That was a little minor annoyance, nothing too major, and it only happened twice (before cut scenes it looks like).

For those people wondering how the game looks, it looks great. Definitely not the level of a 360 or PS3 game, don't even think about expecting that, but it is the best looking Wii game to date. I was overall very happy with the visuals and this was playing with a big projector on the wall.

And finally the holographic chic that people were talking about in the trailer, she appears to be some sort of shape changer so not a Halo copy.

Wish I could have spent more time with it but had to get back to work but from the little played and watched, the game looks to be great and definitely worth the wait.

-edit-

And please don't digg this whoever constantly posts digg articles from here.  I hate Digg and don't really want to contribute to it and like not having the forums crash when I try to read anything.  >_>

Around the Network

thanks for the heads up you pretty much said everything i was expecting

I was just wondering if A or B was to shoot...glad you answered that question, though I'm sure I've seen a controller playing Metroid before...it's just that B would probably be tedious to push constantly for shooting.

I'm glad you enjoyed it...that makes the wait unbearable though hehe.

And yeah, I saw the door not opening in an E3 walkthrough...it was like that in the GC games too...I was hoping there would be less of that here...oh well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Liked it better than Bioshock? Now that's a (bio)shocker...

Also I predict when this comes out Wii fans will say it looks better than any PS3 and 360 game no matter what you tell them.

Good impressions.

But isn't the door opening late thing an old Metroid trick from the Gamecube days to load the area, so that's not new and should be familiar to Metroid players of the past and wouldn't bother them much.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

So it has you on the fence about buying Bioshock? Is MP3 really that good? I mean, after all of the perfect reviews and such.

But I CANT WAIT!

Around the Network

U LUCKY PEICE OF ...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

ckmlb said:
Liked it better than Bioshock? Now that's a (bio)shocker...

Also I predict when this comes out Wii fans will say it looks better than any PS3 and 360 game no matter what you tell them.

Good impressions.

But isn't the door opening late thing an old Metroid trick from the Gamecube days to load the area, so that's not new and should be familiar to Metroid players of the past and wouldn't bother them much.

I actually didn't play a lot of the first one and never played the second one so wasn't sure about the door thing.  Wasn't a big deal, just noticed and thought I'd mention it.

And as for liking it better than Bioshock, not sure which one I like better yet. I'm hoping to get a little more playtime by Tuesday to help me better decide. I would say Bioshock is barely over just because I've played a little more of it and achievements (I'm an achievement whore, or at least wish I played enough to be one) but like I said, want to paly a little more just to be sure.

And i have to waith2 frakkin months, dammit.

On a sidenote i hope we can change the button setup, cause i think shooting with B feels more natural

By the way, why can't MP3 be better than Bioshock?

A bit better? SMG is untouchable as far as current Wii graphics go, in my opinion hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Is it going to be playable in game stores soon?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM