By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fragile: Pipe bomb or Hiroshima?

This is my most wanted game, it looks amazing, has a great style but I definitely think this won't set the sales charts on fire. I think 60k first week, 100k LTD Japan/ I hope I'm wrong though. Not because 100k would be horrible, but because I think it deserves at least double that.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Didn't see this posted so I thought I would post it. The launch trailer for the game.

I want this game hardcore.

I'm calling Wii GOTY if it comes out in NA in 2009.

I do think it is hard for new IPs to do great in Japan but that doesn't mean it isn't impossible or unheard of- just harder then before.

I think this will do good, over 300k lifetime, I get a Zelda feeling out of this for some reason. Anime style, adventure rpg, should be a hit with Japan.

You sorta forgot that Tales is an established franchise that has sold close to a million in Japan alone. Fragile isn't.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I can't say how it would do in Japan really outside of be willing to wager that it breaks 100k LTD there. I definitely hope it does better but I honestly haven't read or heard much about it outside of what I get from here. It definitely looks like something I would get when it comes stateside unless it gets terrible reviews.

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

@ bigjon

I think you are confusing good seller with PS3 saviour. You only have a case with four games tops. Everything else is just a wild exageration by either crazzy PS3 fanboys or Wi60 fanboys try to make the PS3 look worse.

OT: I think Fragile should sell well. It has to outsell Eternal Sonata and should come very close to Blue Dragon. Third parties have to find a way to be successful in Japan. The first party games of Nintendo are dominating the marketplace and we need more compeition from the others to keep everyone in check.

all of those games were heralded by PS3 fanboys as a savior in some way, or place to be a PS3 system seller (what I call, a savior)

A couple of them were even billed to completely turn the PS3 around (LBP, MGS4 and a few others)

Like I have been saying I have a PS3 and enjoying playing it very much, but PS3 fanboys are getting very irratating with their constant predictions of messiahs and I was just pointing it out, the person I was responding to I specifically remember him being a part of the Savior hype for several of the games I listed.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

--OkeyDokey-- said:
My God. The amount of stupidity in this post... I'm not even gonna bother. OT: 100-150k lifetime.

Oh, please. DO respond. I would much rather you do that than call me stupid.

I am right, I remember seeing threads here on VGC claiming those games to be killer aps (system sellers) which is what I am reffering to as a "savior".

Please refrain from namecalling.

bigjon said:
outlawauron said:

@ bigjon

I think you are confusing good seller with PS3 saviour. You only have a case with four games tops. Everything else is just a wild exageration by either crazzy PS3 fanboys or Wi60 fanboys try to make the PS3 look worse.

OT: I think Fragile should sell well. It has to outsell Eternal Sonata and should come very close to Blue Dragon. Third parties have to find a way to be successful in Japan. The first party games of Nintendo are dominating the marketplace and we need more compeition from the others to keep everyone in check.

all of those games were heralded by PS3 fanboys as a savior in some way, or place to be a PS3 system seller (what I call, a savior)

A couple of them were even billed to completely turn the PS3 around (LBP, MGS4 and a few others)

Like I have been saying I have a PS3 and enjoying playing it very much, but PS3 fanboys are getting very irratating with their constant predictions of messiahs and I was just pointing it out, the person I was responding to I specifically remember him being a part of the Savior hype for several of the games I listed.

The only four games I think you even have a slight case for is MGS 4, LBP, FF 13/Versus 13, and GT 5. All of these games have either moved or will move consoles. It's stupid to doubt that.

And if you seriously think that a rational person said that Folklore and Area 51: Blacksite were PS3 saviours. Please let me know. I'd be delighted to have a link.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I remember folklore for some reason, I even remember a mod getting in on it.
I never said these people were rational, most of them were delusional fanboys. To be honest I saw 2 threads about blacksite, might have been just a Crazzyman/Leo_j/Diomedes thing, it was like 16 months ago more. While I was still lurking.

I don't think it will break the 100K barrier sadly.
Hope it'll arrive in Europe.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.