By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (1/15)

What the hell is DS Uranai Seikatsu??

Around the Network

Beautiful! I was expecting about 40k for Naruto, and it looks like it may be very possible.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Well Castlevania did poorly. Not really surprised...

Devil Survivor sales are meh. Meh is considered a disappointment for the SMT series. Persona 4 managed to sell well over 150K+ in its first day yet Devil Survivor will not even get to 100K first week.

Riachu said:
Devil Survivor sales are meh. Meh is considered a disappointment for the SMT series. Persona 4 managed to sell well over 150K+ in its first day yet Devil Survivor will not even get to 100K first week.

Yeah, but the shipment is not even 100k so they didnt expect anything like Persona sales

Around the Network

Naruto did pretty bad, it's not going to move PS3's like once suggested.

Judgment bombed but I don't think anyone is surprised.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Shipment's for the Naruto game are low, dont really see why Namco would ship such low numbers.

This is the main Naruto game for the Wii in Japan. It sold 40k first week, 100k lifetime (more in the other territories, but those are listed in a separate game page). Naruto on the PS3 will likely surpass both the first week of that game and its lifetime sales, and that's on the PS3 of all consoles. How is this disappointing again? Naruto games have never been very popular in Japan.

MontanaHatchet said:

This is the main Naruto game for the Wii in Japan. It sold 40k first week, 100k lifetime (more in the other territories, but those are listed in a separate game page). Naruto on the PS3 will likely surpass both the first week of that game and its lifetime sales, and that's on the PS3 of all consoles. How is this disappointing again? Naruto games have never been very popular in Japan.

Naruto is definitely more popular in the USA from what I have seen.  It's pretty small in the sections of DVDs in Japan.

You are right.  Software sales for third parties tend to do better in Japan on PS3 than the other two non-handheld consoles.  Eh, I will probably get jumped on like flies for saying that.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

montana i really doubt the ps3 naruto will get to 100k, it'd be lucky to get to 80k probably. That wii game was released in feb. 07 which explains the legs. Multiple Naruto games sold 400k on gamecube, but that was when the anime was at its peak in Japan. Don't really expect much from them anymore.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X