By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (1/15)

no huge sellers this week

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

fragile next week, i really have no idea what to expect. First day sales maybe 30-40k or so i dunno.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

27k i actually expected a little bit more from Naruto.

After seeing these numbers then going back over last weeks numbers thread it is hard not to laugh really. Some people were actually saying Naruto would sell 100k 1st day easy.....

lol i think people in Japan were busy playing WKC

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
After seeing these numbers then going back over last weeks numbers thread it is hard not to laugh really. Some people were actually saying Naruto would sell 100k 1st day easy.....

Well considering the very low shipment of the game it's not really surprising. I just don't know what some publishers are thinking.

Branko2166 said:
Hyruken said:

Well considering the very low shipment of the game it's not really surprising. I just don't know what some publishers are thinking.

Naruto only sold half of its shipment, more copies available wouldn't increase sales.

Fallout 3, wow, good stuff!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Not so sure about the Fallout 3 sales. Fallout 3 on 360 sold 30k in it's first week in Japan. I'm guessing the PS3 version will beat that but not by a lot. Would of expected it to do a little better in comparison to the 360 numbers.

wow, maybe 50k 1st week for tennis (doupt it will be 1st day front loaded), I wonder if any of the Play on Wii games will reach 1 million?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut