By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales in Japan (1/15)

woopah said:
isnt shipped what retailers order rather than what the publisher wants to ship? or is it a mixture of the two?

My theory is that they ship the number of copies based on the number they want to ship and the number retailers order and the number of copies that is shipped is somewhere between the amount the publsiher wants to ship and the number of copies the retailer ordered.

Around the Network
woopah said:
isnt shipped what retailers order rather than what the publisher wants to ship? or is it a mixture of the two?

It's what retailers order, but publishers usually push retailers into ordering more.

It's tough to send out copies of new ips or just unpopular ones.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

it's completely up to retailers how many they want to order, the retailers are the ones taking the risk on buying the game. If they have to sell them at a discount they could lose money, if they don't get enough they lose potential profits.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Simulacrum said:
Naruto fails..

Because the series in Japan is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahead than what the time frame in the game is.

Im sure naruto will hit 40-45,000 first week, not too bad lets face it, considering they only shipped about 50,000

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

shipments has nothing to do with company expectations, only retailer expectations.

if publishers had their way they would ship millions for every game

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
shipments has nothing to do with company expectations, only retailer expectations.

Not true.  Many games aren't even expected to sell 100K lifetime let alone 1 million copies.

Riachu said:
johnsobas said:

Not true.  Many games aren't even expected to sell 100K lifetime let alone 1 million copies.

But that wouldn't be the publisher's problem, it would be the retailers...  That is assuming the publishers don't sell on consignment, which I doubt few do...

Is there any info about Disgaea 3 best of ... edition ? Or we don't get any sales info for those normally in first day sales ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB