Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wiimote for PS2 this Xmas

Looks like this has gotten a lot of Nintendo fans a little mad and angry lol Oh dear. It's a no brainer this could potentially dip into the wii market share... and gosh, if it actually catches on and get some sort of following - wow. lol

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
I am gonna go with "doomed to failure" on this one guys. How many 3rd party peripherals have ever done well? How about 3rd party peripherals introduced at the end of a consoles life?

Uh? Most of them do well. Why else do you think there's a market for them? I know this is kinda of scary for the Nintendo fanbase but no need to say things that aren't true.

sinha said:

I'd have to agree with the Wii folks on topic, BUT I fully support the use of such numbers to counter the ridiculous "Wii has good games PS3 doesn't" argument (although who knows for how long since the Wii is getting some huge games soon whereas all you hear these days is "another big PS3 game delayed"). Saying the PS3 only has two good games and then listing Red Steel (62 on Metacritic) for the Wii is pretty outrageous.

leo-j said:
You forgot to add ninja gaiden :P.

All the PS3 owners: for months when discussing games you all were like "soon we'll have Ninja Gaiden Sigma"... how come it's only sold like 100k despite great reviews? And a lot of those other games haven't sold all that well either. How about buying the critically acclaimed games instead of just using them as ammo in internet forum arguments? In fairness RE4 hasn't sold that well, either, but that's a hardcore game on a casual console....

I'm glad someone agrees that the Wii doesn't have a slew of great games.

To me, it might be a long time before the Wii has as many as 10 great games.  The only ones upcoming are Metroid, Brawl, and Galaxy.  Mario Kart is my favorite and it's early next year (for now).  Other than that, I'm not seeing many great games down the pipe.  Despite a few high-profile delays, the PS3 still has a great lineup for this fall and winter.  Looking at the 5 games ckmlb is trying to get people to choose from in each individual forum clearly shows an advantage for PS3 and 360 right now as far as great games coming out this year (imo).

But I guess I should have counted my blessings that you agreed with me on the good games out right now comparison... 

The most critical thing that these companies fail to grasp is that you can make a controller as outlandish or capable as you want as long as it comes with the system. Any add ons that aren't single game use only(Guitar Hero) are worthless. As far as Sony and MS systems we will see are real copy of Wii's tech next generation.

Specific to these companies I don't see them as any more then those rip off wiimotes with the built-in game

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/16/the-wiimote-gets-a-knock-off/

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Sporticus said:
@Leo-J. Wii actually does use Bluetooth, do your fucking homework. And only you, only you would in any way try and spin Six-Axis as being a good thing. Dear God.

Woah there!!! what the hells your problem?. you know i usually like reading your posts because you have a really wide vocabulary, but isnt this going a bit too far?. the six-axis IS a good thing, i had a blast playing warhawk on it. six axis made it feel great and innovative. why isnt that a good thing?.
i think the only way you feel its lousy is because you keep comparing the motion controls of the six axis to the wiimote which is in a completely different level..

plus six axis is getting rumble and touch sense which is only going to make it better.

btw: can people use this controller on the ps3?.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
windbane said:

I'm glad someone agrees that the Wii doesn't have a slew of great games.

To me, it might be a long time before the Wii has as many as 10 great games. The only ones upcoming are Metroid, Brawl, and Galaxy. Mario Kart is my favorite and it's early next year (for now). Other than that, I'm not seeing many great games down the pipe. Despite a few high-profile delays, the PS3 still has a great lineup for this fall and winter. Looking at the 5 games ckmlb is trying to get people to choose from in each individual forum clearly shows an advantage for PS3 and 360 right now as far as great games coming out this year (imo).

But I guess I should have counted my blessings that you agreed with me on the good games out right now comparison...

Personally, out of the 10 games on the 360/PS3 lists only 2 interest me and both are for the PC also.  The Wii list happens to have 4 games I am interested in. 

So with that said I think it is definitely an opinion thing, there are a lot of good games ahead no matter what people's tastes in games are so I don't really think any console has a clear cut advantage in the software lineup this holiday.  

Granted, as you pointed out the PS3 could of been much better this holiday without certain delays but I would agree that it should do fine despite that. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

LOL Leo-j getting offended because compared to hus that made my day :P

now one more time for the crowd SIXAXIS 1998 Microsoft everybody repeat after me :P
and honestly it's fun but it sucks and it is useless at the end.... the only good one is the WII one because they have games to go with it.....

that thing on PS2 might work in term of profit for that 3rd party company... it will never be even a glimpse into WII's market share though....

endimion said:

now one more time for the crowd SIXAXIS 1998 Microsoft everybody repeat after me :P
and honestly it's fun but it sucks and it is useless at the end.... the only good one is the WII one because they have games to go with it.....

that thing on PS2 might work in term of profit for that 3rd party company... it will never be even a glimpse into WII's market share though....

1998 microsoft?. are you implying that the idea is old?.
sure it was introduced back then(according to you, a link would have been nice but ill take your word for it)
 but they didnt implement it well.
you know kinda like the wii balance board....

"its fun, but it sucks and it is useless at the end"? that doesnt make sense at all...
if its fun why does it suck and why is it useless?

"the only good one is the WII one because they have games to go with it....."
Metal gear? WarHawk? Ratchet and Clank? Lair? Rub a Dub ducky somethin.....

you do know six axis is a feature that doesnt define the controller as a whole.. it still has all the buttons Dual shock has, it just adds to the experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
endimion said:

1998 microsoft?. are you implying that the idea is old?.
sure it was introduced back then(according to you, a link would have been nice but ill take your word for it)
but they didnt implement it well.
you know kinda like the wii balance board....

"its fun, but it sucks and it is useless at the end"? that doesnt make sense at all...
if its fun why does it suck and why is it useless?

"the only good one is the WII one because they have games to go with it....."
Metal gear? WarHawk? Ratchet and Clank? Lair? Rub a Dub ducky somethin.....

you do know six axis is a feature that doesnt define the controller as a whole.. it still has all the buttons Dual shock has, it just adds to the experience.

well I didn't link it because I might have said it more than 10 times the past couple weeks.... go look for  SideWinder Freestyle Pro gamepad or motocross madness as it was coming with the pad.....

now something can be fun and useless.... what I meant is I'll play better with the casual pad fonction on most game than you do with the SIXAXIS......

where on Wii you actually play better (or don't have other real way) using the motion controle..... SIXAXIS is an add on like you said... it's deeply useless game play wise... it still can be fun.... you just don't rally need it..... you get what I meant ???? it's exactly becauseit(s an add on that it is useless and for most of the game it sucks.... the concept iself of sixacis is not good for gameplay.... why do you think MS abandoned it and Wii modified it ?????

oh before any confusion... it wasn't SIXAXIS the name... but the concept :)

and it simply not accurate enough to be exploited in real game play like it is for Wii