By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wiimote for PS2 this Xmas

windbane said:

I'm glad someone agrees that the Wii doesn't have a slew of great games.

To me, it might be a long time before the Wii has as many as 10 great games. The only ones upcoming are Metroid, Brawl, and Galaxy. Mario Kart is my favorite and it's early next year (for now). Other than that, I'm not seeing many great games down the pipe. Despite a few high-profile delays, the PS3 still has a great lineup for this fall and winter. Looking at the 5 games ckmlb is trying to get people to choose from in each individual forum clearly shows an advantage for PS3 and 360 right now as far as great games coming out this year (imo).

But I guess I should have counted my blessings that you agreed with me on the good games out right now comparison...

Personally, out of the 10 games on the 360/PS3 lists only 2 interest me and both are for the PC also.  The Wii list happens to have 4 games I am interested in. 

So with that said I think it is definitely an opinion thing, there are a lot of good games ahead no matter what people's tastes in games are so I don't really think any console has a clear cut advantage in the software lineup this holiday.  

Granted, as you pointed out the PS3 could of been much better this holiday without certain delays but I would agree that it should do fine despite that. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

LOL Leo-j getting offended because compared to hus that made my day :P

now one more time for the crowd SIXAXIS 1998 Microsoft everybody repeat after me :P
and honestly it's fun but it sucks and it is useless at the end.... the only good one is the WII one because they have games to go with it.....

that thing on PS2 might work in term of profit for that 3rd party company... it will never be even a glimpse into WII's market share though....

endimion said:

now one more time for the crowd SIXAXIS 1998 Microsoft everybody repeat after me :P
and honestly it's fun but it sucks and it is useless at the end.... the only good one is the WII one because they have games to go with it.....

that thing on PS2 might work in term of profit for that 3rd party company... it will never be even a glimpse into WII's market share though....

1998 microsoft?. are you implying that the idea is old?.
sure it was introduced back then(according to you, a link would have been nice but ill take your word for it)
 but they didnt implement it well.
you know kinda like the wii balance board....

"its fun, but it sucks and it is useless at the end"? that doesnt make sense at all...
if its fun why does it suck and why is it useless?

"the only good one is the WII one because they have games to go with it....."
Metal gear? WarHawk? Ratchet and Clank? Lair? Rub a Dub ducky somethin.....

you do know six axis is a feature that doesnt define the controller as a whole.. it still has all the buttons Dual shock has, it just adds to the experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
endimion said:

1998 microsoft?. are you implying that the idea is old?.
sure it was introduced back then(according to you, a link would have been nice but ill take your word for it)
but they didnt implement it well.
you know kinda like the wii balance board....

"its fun, but it sucks and it is useless at the end"? that doesnt make sense at all...
if its fun why does it suck and why is it useless?

"the only good one is the WII one because they have games to go with it....."
Metal gear? WarHawk? Ratchet and Clank? Lair? Rub a Dub ducky somethin.....

you do know six axis is a feature that doesnt define the controller as a whole.. it still has all the buttons Dual shock has, it just adds to the experience.

well I didn't link it because I might have said it more than 10 times the past couple weeks.... go look for  SideWinder Freestyle Pro gamepad or motocross madness as it was coming with the pad.....

now something can be fun and useless.... what I meant is I'll play better with the casual pad fonction on most game than you do with the SIXAXIS......

where on Wii you actually play better (or don't have other real way) using the motion controle..... SIXAXIS is an add on like you said... it's deeply useless game play wise... it still can be fun.... you just don't rally need it..... you get what I meant ???? it's exactly becauseit(s an add on that it is useless and for most of the game it sucks.... the concept iself of sixacis is not good for gameplay.... why do you think MS abandoned it and Wii modified it ?????

oh before any confusion... it wasn't SIXAXIS the name... but the concept :)

and it simply not accurate enough to be exploited in real game play like it is for Wii

Around the Network
endimion said:

well I didn't link it because I might have said it more than 10 times the past couple weeks.... go look for  SideWinder Freestyle Pro gamepad or motocross madness as it was coming with the pad.....

now something can be fun and useless.... what I meant is I'll play better with the casual pad fonction on most game than you do with the SIXAXIS......

where on Wii you actually play better (or don't have other real way) using the motion controle..... SIXAXIS is an add on like you said... it's deeply useless game play wise... it still can be fun.... you just don't rally need it..... you get what I meant ???? it's exactly becauseit(s an add on that it is useless and for most of the game it sucks.... the concept iself of sixacis is not good for gameplay.... why do you think MS abandoned it and Wii modified it ?????

well i use the six axis because it feels better than the game pad on warhawk.. its essential on Rachet and clank on flying and using some weapons according to the developers, its essential to MGS first person mode, its also essential on rub a dub because the whole game relies on tilting, also it makes lair more immersive according to IGN

" giving you a few precious seconds to target the steam cannons, by flying in close and grabbing the turrets in the dragon's claws, then shaking the SIXAXIS to tear the building apart.
Like the power generator attack in the night mission, it's a neat application of the SIXAXIS controls and adds a visceral edge to the gameplay, plus it helps to bring the players closer to the action."

sure its an add on.. but i think its a great add on.. remember shoulder pads were add-ons, analog sticks were add-ons, button sensitivity was an add-on, rumble was an add-on, touch sense will soon be an add-on. now tell me, those add ons, did they make games feel better? feel more immersive? add a dimension of control input?

"and it simply not accurate enough to be exploited in real game play like it is for Wii"
now this, i didnt say this, im only defending SIXAXIS because people keep saying its not good, its gimmicky and its a rip off.......

"oh before any confusion... it wasn't SIXAXIS the name... but the concept :)"
my bad, but you do get my point do you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

well making it essential doesn't make it good..... the way sixaxis is working is highly unprecise.... I'm not saying motion is bad... just that sixaxis is not good....

I get your point and I am for motion stuff, rumble joystick etc..... but I'll stick that sixaxis is useless in the way that it's not and won't be accurate... at least not the way it was implemented on the MS pad back in 1998 and not the way it is today on sixaxis...

i'm all for innovation, but all of it is not good always at the first shot... I hate rumble and the joystick on the dual shock..... well rumble it's because I wasn't use to it... but the joystick where just not at the right place....

"well making it essential doesn't make it good..... the way sixaxis is working is highly unprecise.... I'm not saying motion is bad... just that sixaxis is not good.... "

hey i liked warhawk tilting controls way better than dpad so its good.. atleast for me and most of other warhawk players who liked it..

"but I'll stick that sixaxis is useless in the way that it's not and won't be accurate.."

sixaxis is actually pretty percise or accurate(if you mean sensitiveness on your movement) on Rub a dub its way to senstive.. it depends on the developers
heres a vid on how sensitive it can be..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=a2rM5Zy5T5Y

you know its not like you have to stay stationary the whole game, take Heavenly sword for example, press a button, go into minigame mode(throw enemy or shoot arrow), tilt controller.

"i'm all for innovation, but all of it is not good always at the first shot... I hate rumble and the joystick on the dual shock..... ..... well rumble it's because I wasn't use to it... but the joystick where just not at the right place.... "

now that is opinion, a lot of people like the analog and rumble on ps2, people like me for example.. i know were just giving personal opinions here but people should seriously stop insulting SIXAXIS like it was a piece of crap or something when that certainly isnt the case, i like this add-on and i would like it if people respected that, and not just insult it when they clearly dont know what their talking about..

hum I'm saying it's not accurate in the sens that you couldn't play any flight simulator or racing simulations with it.... compare to a wheel or a joystick and even probably a pad..... it's not Sony's fault it's just the technology it's impossible.... the accuracy of the system is not good for 2 reason combine 1) the system use is not the same as Wii and is less accurate, 2) people are not accurate... the system used buy the six axis actually require the user to be utlra accurate....
(yeah I know the 2 point are opposite, in a way.... but let me put it that way... it's like if I was asking to someone to do a 2 nanometer radius circle with a regular pencil.... it's possible just not adapted to a standard human hand... )

the rumble on PS2 is great I was just saying I wasn't used to rumble and it was bothering me back then lol ;)
about the joystick.... it wasn't the best position for it..... most people agree with that....
like most people agree that the D pad on XB and XB 360 sucks ass....
or that most people agree that EA is a bad dev studio lol :)

so SIXAXIS or motion control is great but not the technology used... we need something crossed between Wii motion control technology and the sixaxis concept....
which will allow accuracy and maniability at the same time....

that's the worst explanation ever lol... I have to go to sleep lol good night :P