By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wiimote for PS2 this Xmas

dtewi said:
windbane, how the FUCK does PS3 have better motion than the wii, i'm pretty sure leo-j and Hus will agree that wii has better motion, and the wii doesn't have games? Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charger, Excite Truck, Trauma Center

PS3- Resistance, Motorstorm

and those are two good ones, and supposedly 150000 bad ones,

but the ps3 has worse motion than PS3, wtf!?!?!?!

nice language, but when did I ever say PS3's motion is better than Wii's?

As for games comparing Wii and PS3:

1 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The 93
2 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 88
3 Resistance: Fall of Man 86
4 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 86
5 Virtua Fighter 5 85
6 MotorStorm (JPN Import Version) 84
7 Super Stardust HD 83
8 Fight Night Round 3 83
9 MotorStorm 82
10 Gran Turismo HD Concept 82
11 Madden NFL 08 82
12 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection 82
13 College Hoops 2K7 81
14 NBA Street Homecourt 81
15 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 81
16 NBA 2K7 80
17 Virtua Tennis 3 80
18 Call of Duty 3 80
19 Darkness, The 80
20 NHL 2K7 79

1 Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The 95
2 Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition 91
3 Super Paper Mario 85
4 WarioWare: Smooth Moves 83
5 Madden NFL 07 81
6 Mercury Meltdown Revolution 80
7 Trauma Center: Second Opinion 80
8 Mario Strikers Charged 79
9 Madden NFL 08 78
10 Godfather: Blackhand Edition, The 77
11 Rayman Raving Rabbids 76
12 Wii Sports 76
13 Elebits 75
14 Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz 74
15 SSX Blur 74
16 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 73
17 Metal Slug Anthology 73
18 Excite Truck 72
19 Chicken Little: Ace in Action 72
20 Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 72

Around the Network
windbane said:
omgwtfbbq said:
ugh, not only is it an add on peripheral, but it's a third party add on peripheral.

Third party controllers suck (no exceptions) and I'm sure this thing will not only flop but deservedly flop.

Logitech has the best PS2 controller, and it's wireless.

Guitar Hero, anyone?

Why should third party controllers "deservedly" suck? I guess licensed games "should" suck just because a lot of them do?

Like I have argued before: if you want cheaper motion controlled games, you get a PS2 and whatever motion control becomes available (details next week, those that jump the gun to bash anything not Wii-related). If you want next gen games you get a 360 or PS3. If you want motion and next-gen, you get PS3.

wow, two shining examples in a sea of mediocrity. One created by a company that is famous for making excellent input devices (yet I'm sure it's still not as precise as the first party controller) and one a gigantic expensive plastic case with a few buttons.

If you seriously think some first time crappy company no one's heard of can create a wiimote knock off with anything near the quality of Nintendo or Sony then you've got another thing coming

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

windbane said:

dtewi said:

the wii doesn't have games? Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charger, Excite Truck, Trauma Center

PS3- Resistance, Motorstorm

and those are two good ones, and supposedly 150000 bad ones,

As for games comparing Wii and PS3:

1 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The 93
2 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 88
3 Resistance: Fall of Man 86
4 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 86
5 Virtua Fighter 5 85
6 MotorStorm (JPN Import Version) 84
7 Super Stardust HD 83
8 Fight Night Round 3 83
9 MotorStorm 82
10 Gran Turismo HD Concept 82
11 Madden NFL 08 82
12 Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection 82
13 College Hoops 2K7 81
14 NBA Street Homecourt 81
15 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 81
16 NBA 2K7 80
17 Virtua Tennis 3 80
18 Call of Duty 3 80
19 Darkness, The 80
20 NHL 2K7 79

1 Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The 95
2 Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition 91
3 Super Paper Mario 85
4 WarioWare: Smooth Moves 83
5 Madden NFL 07 81
6 Mercury Meltdown Revolution 80
7 Trauma Center: Second Opinion 80
8 Mario Strikers Charged 79
9 Madden NFL 08 78
10 Godfather: Blackhand Edition, The 77
11 Rayman Raving Rabbids 76
12 Wii Sports 76
13 Elebits 75
14 Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz 74
15 SSX Blur 74
16 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 73
17 Metal Slug Anthology 73
18 Excite Truck 72
19 Chicken Little: Ace in Action 72
20 Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 72

I'd have to agree with the Wii folks on topic, BUT I fully support the use of such numbers to counter the ridiculous "Wii has good games PS3 doesn't" argument (although who knows for how long since the Wii is getting some huge games soon whereas all you hear these days is "another big PS3 game delayed"). Saying the PS3 only has two good games and then listing Red Steel (62 on Metacritic) for the Wii is pretty outrageous.

leo-j said:
You forgot to add ninja gaiden :P.

All the PS3 owners: for months when discussing games you all were like "soon we'll have Ninja Gaiden Sigma"... how come it's only sold like 100k despite great reviews? And a lot of those other games haven't sold all that well either. How about buying the critically acclaimed games instead of just using them as ammo in internet forum arguments? In fairness RE4 hasn't sold that well, either, but that's a hardcore game on a casual console....

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

windbane said:
omgwtfbbq said:
ugh, not only is it an add on peripheral, but it's a third party add on peripheral.

Third party controllers suck (no exceptions) and I'm sure this thing will not only flop but deservedly flop.

Logitech has the best PS2 controller, and it's wireless.

Guitar Hero, anyone?

Why should third party controllers "deservedly" suck?   I guess licensed games "should" suck just because a lot of them do?

Like I have argued before:  if you want cheaper motion controlled games, you get a PS2 and whatever motion control becomes available (details next week, those that jump the gun to bash anything not Wii-related).  If you want next gen games you get a 360 or PS3.  If you want motion and next-gen, you get PS3. 

If you want motion controls, you get Wii. Sorry, Waggle & Aim > Tilt &... Tilt.

If you want next-gen, you get the Wii.

If you want next-next-gen, you get the PS3.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

So what happens if the dev's off the motion sensor controller don't finish in time? Will they release it anyway, or release it after christmas?

Around the Network

Looks like this has gotten a lot of Nintendo fans a little mad and angry lol Oh dear. It's a no brainer this could potentially dip into the wii market share... and gosh, if it actually catches on and get some sort of following - wow. lol

Sqrl said:
I am gonna go with "doomed to failure" on this one guys. How many 3rd party peripherals have ever done well? How about 3rd party peripherals introduced at the end of a consoles life?

Uh? Most of them do well. Why else do you think there's a market for them? I know this is kinda of scary for the Nintendo fanbase but no need to say things that aren't true.

sinha said:

I'd have to agree with the Wii folks on topic, BUT I fully support the use of such numbers to counter the ridiculous "Wii has good games PS3 doesn't" argument (although who knows for how long since the Wii is getting some huge games soon whereas all you hear these days is "another big PS3 game delayed"). Saying the PS3 only has two good games and then listing Red Steel (62 on Metacritic) for the Wii is pretty outrageous.

leo-j said:
You forgot to add ninja gaiden :P.

All the PS3 owners: for months when discussing games you all were like "soon we'll have Ninja Gaiden Sigma"... how come it's only sold like 100k despite great reviews? And a lot of those other games haven't sold all that well either. How about buying the critically acclaimed games instead of just using them as ammo in internet forum arguments? In fairness RE4 hasn't sold that well, either, but that's a hardcore game on a casual console....

I'm glad someone agrees that the Wii doesn't have a slew of great games.

To me, it might be a long time before the Wii has as many as 10 great games.  The only ones upcoming are Metroid, Brawl, and Galaxy.  Mario Kart is my favorite and it's early next year (for now).  Other than that, I'm not seeing many great games down the pipe.  Despite a few high-profile delays, the PS3 still has a great lineup for this fall and winter.  Looking at the 5 games ckmlb is trying to get people to choose from in each individual forum clearly shows an advantage for PS3 and 360 right now as far as great games coming out this year (imo).

But I guess I should have counted my blessings that you agreed with me on the good games out right now comparison... 

The most critical thing that these companies fail to grasp is that you can make a controller as outlandish or capable as you want as long as it comes with the system. Any add ons that aren't single game use only(Guitar Hero) are worthless. As far as Sony and MS systems we will see are real copy of Wii's tech next generation.

Specific to these companies I don't see them as any more then those rip off wiimotes with the built-in game

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/16/the-wiimote-gets-a-knock-off/

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Sporticus said:
@Leo-J. Wii actually does use Bluetooth, do your fucking homework. And only you, only you would in any way try and spin Six-Axis as being a good thing. Dear God.

Woah there!!! what the hells your problem?. you know i usually like reading your posts because you have a really wide vocabulary, but isnt this going a bit too far?. the six-axis IS a good thing, i had a blast playing warhawk on it. six axis made it feel great and innovative. why isnt that a good thing?.
i think the only way you feel its lousy is because you keep comparing the motion controls of the six axis to the wiimote which is in a completely different level..

plus six axis is getting rumble and touch sense which is only going to make it better.

btw: can people use this controller on the ps3?.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?