By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo fans calling for the downfall of hardcore gaming, why?

Still waiting for one example of a Nintendo fan calling for the fall of hardcore gaming. Just one.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network
frybread said:

Hardcore gamers are telling themselves that. We're just laughing at them.

As for Wii Music, yes, it's more intellectually stimulating than Zelda, Gears of War, or any other game that has won "GoTY".  That's why you'll find it in schools as a teaching aid, whereas you won't find Killzone.

Please let me know why Wii Music is more likely to end up in schools as a teaching aid, than Guitar Hero, or Rock Band. I am having a feeling that Nintendo has suckered people into believing mediocre educational titles, respun with better presentation (and are actually games) have some intrinsic educational value, and are "good" for you. I have been doing Spanish Tutor on the DS for awhile. I am seriously suspect on how effective Nintendo's edutainment games are for teaching. Oh, I learned a few words, and the Tutor program does help me keep my short-term memory sharper. But, as far as learning to speak and understand Spanish? My feeling it that it isn't that good. Failed attempts to entertain don't automatically make them good educational tools.

frybread said:
Everything I don't like should not exist.

So, on days you start to hate yourself, should you disappear in a puff of logic?

I just realized that the Outcast hasn't said anything since the OP.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
I just realized that the Outcast hasn't said anything since the OP.

Seem lik hit & run trolling. Should we report that?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

^^Suppose so--you wanna do the honours?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Wait, so the there aren't any nintendo fanboys in this site that say HD hardcore games are dying?

I thought the thread creator was serious when he said that ^.... :/

Now I feel dumb.

EDIT: Read my post in this thread to see why I feel dumb.

One thing that consistently bothers me about PS360 owners is their need to make topics like this all the time in Ninty forums. I very rarely see a thread in an HD forum coming from a Wii fanboy which seeks make HD fans look evil or stupid. Its really irritating that so many in the hardcore find it necessary to rip on the Wii and it's fans. The Wii has some major flaws, so do the HD twins, so why is the trolling so one sided? Lets not forget, that on forums at least most Wii owners are, like you said, actually hardcore gamers. We simply got sick of the graphical tweaks every gen. We still love a lot of "traditional games" past and present, but we have found something we feel enhances gaming. You certainly don't have to agree, but don't come over to our forums and try to tell us how bad our taste is. It is impolite, and paints a very negative picture of the hardcore community, who by and large are the same as us.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

richardhutnik said:
frybread said:

Hardcore gamers are telling themselves that. We're just laughing at them.

As for Wii Music, yes, it's more intellectually stimulating than Zelda, Gears of War, or any other game that has won "GoTY".  That's why you'll find it in schools as a teaching aid, whereas you won't find Killzone.

Please let me know why Wii Music is more likely to end up in schools as a teaching aid, than Guitar Hero, or Rock Band.

My sole contribution to this garbage thread:

Because it already has.

http://gamekyo.com/newsen29603_wii-music-for-the-american-schools.html

"Nintendo is making a collaboration with The National Association for Music Education to give American schools Wii Music and Wii to give children a first approach of music and reveal their creative potential. “The goal of Wii Music is to inspire people of all ages to enjoy music,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “By partnering with educators and bringing Wii Music into their classrooms, we hope to give students a memorable, hands-on experience that helps them discover their own creative voice.”

I also second famousringo's post. I wonder, is it fun to destroy the ludicrous argument that you yourself just created?

What are you talking about???

4 ≈ One