By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dating a co-worker: Yes or no?

How long are you planning to stay in your job?

If you don't think your going to stick to it for more than a year or two I'd say go for it. The chances of it ending terribly are relatively low (partly because most relationships don't end that badly and partly because she likes anime and gaming, what could possibly go wrong with a girl like that!?) and if they do all it means is that you have to endure it for a wee while until you leave, or you can just get a new job.

However if you plan to stay in your job long term, perhaps not.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

She likes video games and anime, is smart, cute, and nice.

On the other hand, how often do you meet a pretty girl who likes video games and anime, and has expressed clear interest in you?

What's wrong with you?

Go

Get

Her

Now

I would remove your mod-ship for a week for even asking this question, LOL.

Would it helps if she dresses like Mia or Maya?

Naz, an old co-worker gave me a great piece of advice:

Never get your meat where you get your bread and butter.

They rarely work, and seriously, if it doesn't work, she could make your life a living hell. It's funny in theory, but it's like filming a scene for Jackass the Movie - you'll regret it when you wake up in the hospital the next morning.

I personally wouldn't, but that's my opinion. Also, it's because I'm married and my wife wouldn't be too fond of it. <_< And it's her opinion. >_>

Around the Network

I see 90% of people have sided with me *nods with pleasure* *strokes beard* *sees Naz not doing anything* WHATS WRONG WITH YOU MAN GO DO IT!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I've only had great experiences dating co-workers. It's all about guiding expectations. And of cuorse having a back-up plan. Be able to ask for a transfer. Or a different shop.
And even then, your a well-rounded person. If things go sour you should be able to brake-up without any hardships.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I am the kind of person who can't stand to date a co worker....The first months it is fun to be always together but after a while I always enjoy to be not with my gf whole the day....

I only read the OP, but I'll say sure.

If you think it might create awkward situations at work, just keep it low key at work. I've known 2 couples at work that dated, and it wasn't awkward at all. They would hang out for lunch, and she might swing by his cubicle 1-2 times in the day to say a quick hi and figure out what they are doing later, but other than that, you wouldn't know they were dating.

1 of the two couples is now getting married, and the other couple is still dating.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I would unless work policy says that you can't date co-workers.

EDIT: Thanks nordlead!