By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's 'core' games for Spring - Hits or Misses?

I can't wait for Conduit sales.

Around the Network

@ Gamerace - How long will it be until you change your signature to

'One of the multitude to predict Wii Fit's success, unfortunately my prediction about Wii Music flopping was incorrect' ?

DMeisterJ said:
I can't wait for Conduit sales.

same here  it shall be epic times on this site when it launches  lol

megaman79 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Wow. Very low sales predictions, but I guess those can be considered as hits for wii 3rd party titles.

Ive been working on research so listen up

PS2 released 2500 games listed here on vgchartz. Wii's got 731 thus far.

78% of PS2 games, i said 78% made less than 200k

Right now the hit percentange on Wii games is exactly the same, 78% make less than 200k

Another interesting point, only 8% made 200 - 500k on PS2. Wii has already got 10% from 200 - 500k

500k + is almost even with PS2 ahead of Wii by 0.7%, Fair considering the PS2 was on the market for 8yrs, arguably got all the hardcore titles and was the most popular.

So thanks for trolling anyway

Ok

I know this is off topic, but I am really interested. Have you done the same for 360/PS3?

For your trolling comment, I don't get you. I was surprised that you had such low predictions and then agreed with some assessments that those sales might be considered as hits for wii.

Esa-Petteri said:
megaman79 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Wow. Very low sales predictions, but I guess those can be considered as hits for wii 3rd party titles.

Right now the hit percentange on Wii games is exactly the same, 78% make less than 200k

Another interesting point, only 8% made 200 - 500k on PS2. Wii has already got 10% from 200 - 500k

500k + is almost even with PS2 ahead of Wii by 0.7%, Fair considering the PS2 was on the market for 8yrs, arguably got all the hardcore titles and was the most popular.

Ok

I know this is off topic, but I am really interested. Have you done the same for 360/PS3?

For your trolling comment, I don't get you. I was surprised that you had such low predictions and then agreed with some assessments that those sales might be considered as hits for wii.

Its trolling because your implying that while low numbers are considered as hits for Wii 3rd party (your own words), PS360 numbers are therefore going to higher. Without even mentioning this your inferring it anyway.  This is not the case at all. Give me 5 minutes and i will inform you of the current 360 and PS3 % for 200k sales.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

@ scottie - When Wii Music sells more than the 5m I predicted (which it might)

The predictions here are low since none of these are AAA titles. They are AA at best. Therefore these are decent sales for (most) of them.

Conduit is the the best of the bunch (sales potential wise) but even it looks like a generic shooter which would sell about the same (1-2m) on 360 (maybe less due to competition)

I think people here are going way too crazy on the Conduit. Don't get me wrong, 2 millions would be amazing for the devs but except a big bunch of geeks on the internet like us nobody know this game. The task to market this game in order to make it a million seller is huge.

People will be very dissapointed when this game will start with 80 000-100 000 sales or even less in the US. I'm pretty confident that the game will be profitable but if you look at other FPS on will, it could be more difficult than you think to reach the million.

Gamerace said:
@ scottie - When Wii Music sells more than the 5m I predicted (which it might)

The predictions here are low since none of these are AAA titles. They are AA at best. Therefore these are decent sales for (most) of them.

Conduit is the the best of the bunch (sales potential wise) but even it looks like a generic shooter which would sell about the same (1-2m) on 360 (maybe less due to competition)

my man you need to download sin and punishment on vc  it is epic!

Sin and Punishment 2 will definitely be triple A if its anywhere as good as the first

Except for The Conduit, which I suspect you have as too high, I can sign off on most of your guesses. I'd also say Little King's Story is only going to be a cult hit (but I intend to lead that cult...).

Esa-Petteri said:
megaman79 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Ok

It should be higher... the systems that are unpopular tend to get much less games and therefore the same consumers tend to buy the same games.