By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's 'core' games for Spring - Hits or Misses?

Rygar - Miss, bad reviews

Tenchu 4 - Hit, long legs, good reviews (judging by the 1st)

Dead Rising: Chop 'til You Drop - Miss, maybe long legs though, bad publicity lately online

House of the Dead: Overkill - Hit, guess good reviews, ads should get this moving fast

MadWorld - Hit, long legs though, Ads / Publicity will generate better than expected

Deadly Creatures - Hit, comparitive to cost i think so, THQ level ad blitz will push it over 400k

The Conduit - Hit, online buzz, publicity and reviews boost, etc, legs as usual with enough cores picking it up in the first 3 months

Sin & Punishment 2 - Hit, its Nintendo, legs probably, too early to call

Little King Story - long legs dk

I think Sega will advertise their games to hell and back and it will help them significantly. Theyre already pushing HOTD, Conduit and MW heavily.

Cores, dual system owners especially, are probably going to talk shit for a while but will ultimately land on MW, HOTD or T4 maybe.

Conduit, though appealing will be affected by online chatter about some small insignificant aspect of the game, but most likely graphics, and therefore not be a 400k opening ww.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Wow. Very low sales predictions, but I guess those can be considered as hits for wii 3rd party titles.

Esa-Petteri said:
Wow. Very low sales predictions, but I guess those can be considered as hits for wii 3rd party titles.

Those are interesting predictions.    Do you have anything to actually contribute?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Esa-Petteri said:

Maybe they're so low because Wii owners have learned from PS3 owners predictions for games like Haze and Lair ...

I agree with all, except,

Deadly Creatures- I think it will be like Zack and Wiki and NMH, sell 400-600k and be profitable, it wont bomb.

Little King Story- I think with the right advertising it could sell to the "Mysims" Crowd, I know it is not that kind of game, but they could market it that way to certain groups. 750k if they do it right.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Sadly, I completely agree with your assessment of Deadly Creatures. I do not see it doing well.

Dead Rising will be a million seller.

HappySqurriel said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Maybe they're so low because Wii owners have learned from PS3 owners predictions for games like Haze and Lair ...

So are you saying that all those titles listed will be crap like lair and haze? I don't believe that.

HappySqurriel said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Making a jab at Sony fans as a comeback to a 360 fanboy troll comment in a thread about Wii games. Nice :P

Esa-Petteri said:
HappySqurriel said:
Esa-Petteri said:

So are you saying that all those titles listed will be crap like lair and haze? I don't believe that.

No, I'm saying hyping games as being guaranteed AAA games that will sell 4 Million copies will only end with people mocking you 9 times out of 10 ...

Esa-Petteri said:

Ive been working on research so listen up

PS2 released 2500 games listed here on vgchartz. Wii's got 731 thus far.

78% of PS2 games, i said 78% made less than 200k

Right now the hit percentange on Wii games is exactly the same, 78% make less than 200k

Another interesting point, only 8% made 200 - 500k on PS2. Wii has already got 10% from 200 - 500k

500k + is almost even with PS2 ahead of Wii by 0.7%, Fair considering the PS2 was on the market for 8yrs, arguably got all the hardcore titles and was the most popular.

So thanks for trolling anyway

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.