By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's 'core' games for Spring - Hits or Misses?

Rygar - Miss

Tenchu 4 - small hit

Dead Rising: Chop 'til You Drop - moderate hit

House of the Dead: Overkill - hit

MadWorld - hit

Deadly Creatures - miss

The Conduit - hit

Sin & Punishment 2 (no release date yet) - hit

Little King Story - miss

Around the Network

Of that list only 4 titles interest me.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
The Conduit
Mad World
Sin & Punishment 2

I haven't even heard of some of these games, but I'll contribute what I can:

Dead Rising: Chop 'til You Drop - will most likely be a hit, but I don't think it deserves it.

House of the Dead: Overkill - definite hit. I hope it does really well.

MadWorld - hit. Sga will promote the hell out of it.

Deadly Creatures - small hit. I hope this game does well because the dev's have put a lot of effort into it. Although it looks weird, it looks like something really fresh and new.

The Conduit - hit. Without a doubt this game will be a hit. I see it outselling MP3 eventually.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

revised estimate considering release dates.

HOTD will out do Deadly Creatures in the 1st week US and EU. Tenchu, which releases the week before in US, will most likely spread out potential core dollar.

Fortunately SF4, which launches a week after DC and HOTD, will either only take core market with the 1 system or possibly force a decision on duel system owners.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

The Conduit - Supposed to be for the core, the developers have an idea of what the core size is on the Wii and they know it wont be doing CoD4 numbers, the point of The Conduit is to show games attract gamers not the platform. and that the Wii should be attracting this types of games. They are expecting a Wii shooter to sell well because they don't believe any other developer has attempted to go as far as they have with the Wii hardware, and that's what The Conduit is about. - Sales: First Week 250k,2nd Week 80k - LTD 500k - 800k. *Unless their is a massive and I mean massive blue ocean ad campaign that target people who don't know about shooters.

Mad World - Your a little too generous, I hope it does well though, I may pick i up depending on if a kick ass trailer is released, so far the trailers have been 'meh'. No More Heroes had a kick ass trailer, and the music was awesome. Sales - LTD 200k ~ 300k

Deadly Creatures - I see a million seller here, THQ will use this to develop track record for success on the Wii platform; the developer is successful and THQ know the media channels for million seller status.

Rygar - There is nothing else like it on the Wii.

One Chambara - Bikini Zombie Slayers will replace the empty mall in my opinion. but not sure about it's sales. 300k?

Your failure to note Monster Hunter Tri disgusts, and the lack of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles makes me cringe in anger. (Granted neither were announced, they still should of been honorable mentions.)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Rygar: 200k - 250k miss

Tenchu 4: 300k - 400k not bad, not good

Little King Story: 300k - 400k not bad, not good

Deadly Creatures: 350k - 450k not good, not bad

MadWorld: 400k - 600k modest hit

Sin & Punishment 2: 400k - 600k modest hit

Dead Rising: Chop 'til You Drop: 500k - 700k hit

House of the Dead: Overkill: 0.9m - 1.2m major hit

The Conduit: 1m - 1.5m major hit

Remember, 500k is a wealthy profit on the Wii, 1 million means major profit for any of these games.

Here are my thoughts.

Rygar -- Miss. To be honest, this is not a title that people have been clamoring for. And it is a franchise most are not familiar with.

Tenchu 4 -- Middle. There is some built up demand. But it is not the type of game that appeals to all.

Dead Rising: Chop 'til You Drop -- Middle to Near Hit. The bad PR will keep many core from buying, but a lot of others will find it fun.

House of the Dead: Overkill -- Middle. Gun games are underperforming.

MadWorld -- Near to Hit. Ubber violence has its fans.

Deadly Creatures -- Middle. Title too unusual to sell as well as it should.

The Conduit -- Hit to Super Hit. It will be a hit because a lot of people are going to get it early. It could sell beyond that if it is good. This is the first FPS built from the ground-up for the Wii (as opposed to FPA/FPAA/FPAS (action/action attack/action shooter), so a lot of people will be awaiting its arrival. Plus there has been a great deal of positive buzz -- hard for a Wii core title to achieve.

Sin & Punishment 2 (no release date yet) -- Middle. A sequel to a cult game will have its fan base.

Little King Story -- Middle to Near. If the RPG crowd starts buying, it will do better.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

In the descending order of expected sales:

The Conduit
House of the Dead: Overkill
Sin & Punishment 2
Dead Rising: Chop 'til You Drop
MadWorld
Deadly Creatures
Tenchu 4
Little King Story
Rygar

What about Overlord. =(

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Alright. Here I go.

Rygar - I expect this title to be barely stocked and completely uncared for. I expect this one to sell about as well as Godfather Wii (which is a lot considering Godfather's Wii controls actually added to the game) It'll be damn lucky to make 200,000 over all. It won't be lucky though.

Tenchu 4 - So far it's getting good reviews, and it has some solid graphics. but the Tenchu name just isn't that big. 300,000 tops.

Dead Rising: I think that after the initial furor over it's differences (and inadequacies) to the Xbox version, this games unique fun will help it ride some waves. And if this fast Zombie thing is a big part of the game, It might even make a Million. Just under a million is my guess.

House of the Dead: Overkill - 2 & 3 return is hitting a million right now. This one is an easy 2 million seller.

Madworld - the least understood game on VG chartz. It's amazing Graphics plus it's insane style is a positive, not a negative. This games million seller status is so damn obvious.

Deadly Creatures - this one worries me. Game looks interesting but I'm afraid it might get left behind. I'm not sure if it will make it's half a million in sales  

The Conduit - 1.5 million.

Sin and Punishment 2 - No idea. It's just way too early. We know very little about this game so far.

Little King Story - An under the radar title. It's got a mature play style rapped in a kid friendly style. I expect it to be like Zack & Wiki, except with Overlord and Pikmin on the way as well, this might be the game to get left behind.

Overlord - at least one sale. I know I want it. It'll be a great looking game for the Wii and the controls and pikmin comparisons should help it move some units. 600k?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.