By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz says Little Big Planet sold 1.3 million-- oh noes! Did I win my bet?

Maynard_Tool said:
I knew it.... I believe it's overtracked in the America's Region.

So, where's DMJ???

I'm going to guess you stopped reading after the OP.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
Kasz216 said:
Godot said:
"Still, Hirai said it has added 2.1 million accounts in the last couple of months. He’s showing off a PS 3 exclusive game from November, LittleBigPlanet, and is praising its appeal to the mass market. It’s being played online now by 1.3 million people. There are now 300,000 levels available, thanks to user-generated content for this game. That’s pretty impressive."

http://venturebeat.com/2009/01/08/live-blogging-ces-sony-ceo-howard-stringer/

They seem to claim the same thing as IGN.

Thank you.  An actual second credible source.  Which is what you need for your arguement to substantiate anything beyond a giant wall of every other site out there agreeing with you.

Godot has a point....

DJmesteir... not so much.

Isn't that what djm has been saying though? That 1.3M people are playing LBP online not 1.3M sold to customer.

Nah, Kaz clearly stated it was sales worldwide. It also doesn't make sense for 1.3 million to play it online with only 17,000 hours played online. That means the average person has played the game for less than 1 minute. The numbers wouldn't add up. Not to mention, games like Halo 3 were played by around 1.5 million online and it sold 8+ million. Again, it wouldn't make sense.

As I already stated, the VGChartz numbers here over double the sales for October and November in America than what the NPD reported. We have to assume that the American numbers are completely off, then, and that is what is causing this disparity.

wow maynard do you look silly right about now. maybe if you posted like 10 posts sooner it wouldnt be so bad

17,000 hours is how long it would take to play every level that has been created, c'mon Xander I've only been keeping up partly and even I caught that. It has nothing to do with how many people have played hw long.

Alright, I think I am at the point where I now know 1 of 2 things is 100% certain.

1.) I am completely batshit crazy and that is why everything I have thrown out there is being ignored. (Wouldn't surprise me)

2.) I have given very valid reasons and nobody has anything to rebut it with, yet once gain leading to me being ignored.

Come on guys, I don't join in on these... ever. I would at least like to know how I am doing, lol.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
Kasz216 said:
Godot said:
"Still, Hirai said it has added 2.1 million accounts in the last couple of months. He’s showing off a PS 3 exclusive game from November, LittleBigPlanet, and is praising its appeal to the mass market. It’s being played online now by 1.3 million people. There are now 300,000 levels available, thanks to user-generated content for this game. That’s pretty impressive."

http://venturebeat.com/2009/01/08/live-blogging-ces-sony-ceo-howard-stringer/

They seem to claim the same thing as IGN.

Thank you.  An actual second credible source.  Which is what you need for your arguement to substantiate anything beyond a giant wall of every other site out there agreeing with you.

Godot has a point....

DJmesteir... not so much.

Isn't that what djm has been saying though? That 1.3M people are playing LBP online not 1.3M sold to customer.

Ever hear the saying being "wrong with the right reasons is better then being right with the wrong reasons."

DJmesiter thinks Kaz was misquoted because one of dozens of websites had something different written.  Basically because he wants badly for LBP to succeed... since he himself has stated before that if a game doesn't get the sales he feels it deserves he enjoys it less.

"No real proof, no reasoning... this single site has it... I want to believe it... so there!"

Do you people think i have time to read 30 pages of comments?????

OP should edit the topic with new info.

omg this thread is epic is like a war even worse than hamas and israel jajaja.

xander Americas data is pretty accurate NPD reported 356k in Oct/Nov. in USA only VGC has south america central america and canada also in with their numbers.

ssj12 said:
makingmusic476 said:
JaggedSac said:
ssj12 said:
guys they misquoted. i just called sony's pr department in the usa. he said playing online. his speech was about the psn. what would sold copies have anything to do about the psn since it isnt sold on the ps store like warhawk and socom. 1.3m users online. end of story. vgc did not overtrack.

Let me get the number.

He does have such contacts through his work with VGChartz.

However, he does occasionally use said contacts as "proof" for false claims.

Ya, I've stopped using the non-internal sources for references...

My info is from one of the PR Managers, its trustworthy as every bit of data I have received from her up till now has been 100% accurate and useful.

bumping reply to new page

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453