By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz says Little Big Planet sold 1.3 million-- oh noes! Did I win my bet?

Max King of the Wild said:
luisgvm said:
kitty said:
LBP sold 305K in UK alone....320K in NA (Nov + Oct).....& 80K in Japan (by begining of dec) -- these numbers are from GFK, NPD & famitsu respectively

so acc. to those numbers LBP sales = 700k +

WITHOUt including....Mainland EU sales, WITHOUT including NA December sales & without including Japan December sales

Do the math....it seems unlikely LBP is at ONLY 1.3 milllion right now

^doesnt this reveal the truth? i think that he said playing because he was talking about the PSN at the moment right?

Actually these numbers are a little off. 215 for october and 141 for November for a grand total of 356 for USA alone. Add 10-14% for Canada and Mexico (usually 14% for the wii and 10% for xbox) and you get around 400k for NA alone... before dcember at minimum.

so it sold more?.

Around the Network

Like I said before everyone. If we are going to say that these are current "shipped" numbers remember that you are also admitting that you believe

A. VGChartz overtracked LBP by 500k.
B. PSP and PS3 overtracked by an average of 700k minimum each.
C. Considering it somehow sold more than it shipped PS3 and/or PSP must be sold out Worldwide and I think we can all agree that both are most definitely not.

They did say in this conference from the same Gamespot source everyone seems to like using that "PS3 and PSP "userbase" is now 61.3M". At this time VGChartz was at 62.7M combined.

Think about it guys, unless DMJ is right and VGChartz is getting thrown under the bus right now or the numbers are old.

You decide.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Wasn't Kaz talking about home making $1M just before the LBP quote? Maybe the 1.3M is shipped to NA only, seeing as he didn't mention Europe at all in the Home quote.

I guess the magic word here is what his exact wording was. Kotaku has him quoted as saying "sold" and IGN has him at "played"

i'm more inclined to believe that VGC is probably close and it probably has done more than 1.5 million. On my earlier comment i had only read the Kotaku article and didn't realize different sources were saying different things.

That being said I guess we'll have to wait for official numbers to be sure

Also an unbelievable amount of shit and hypocrisy in this fucking thread. Gears 2 was reported to have only shipped 3.3M, and vgchartz had it at about 3.5M. I don't remember a fucking 6 page thread about that. LBP is a fucking amazing game, and I am very sorry all you shitty sony haters can't appreciate that. Get out from under your fucking rock and appreciate genius. The Kaz quote is so ambiguous. I trust Brett's numbers.

Yes I'm drunk.

Around the Network

My thoughts about this argument are a big "who cares"? This game is being sold bundled, so it's not like 500k in sales makes a big difference... It will continue to sell quite a lot as long as it's bundled.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

tombi123 said:
Also an unbelievable amount of shit and hypocrisy in this fucking thread. Gears 2 was reported to have only shipped 3.3M, and vgchartz had it at about 3.5M. I don't remember a fucking 6 page thread about that. LBP is a fucking amazing game, and I am very sorry all you shitty sony haters can't appreciate that. Get out from under your fucking rock and appreciate genius. The Kaz quote is so ambiguous. I trust Brett's numbers.

Yes I'm drunk.

Yahoo!!!

luisgvm - look at my full post(which quotes sales statistics from multiple and credible sources), think about it, read the other side of the arguements which is "lol kaz said sold that means they shipped 1.3million" (that is from a shaky and disputable source), and then come up with your own conclusion.

I find it funny if kaz is talking about shipped 1.3 million wouldnt that mean gfk, NPD, and famitsu are way overtracking too? considering its most likely there were more than 400k copies on shelves at the end of nov.

I also heard that majority of this site trusts sites like IGN and I know more than enough to realize that a site like Gamespot has a bad reputation around here.

What I also want to know is why all of a sudden IGN became the one people don't trust in this case.

When did this happen?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

"Still, Hirai said it has added 2.1 million accounts in the last couple of months. He’s showing off a PS 3 exclusive game from November, LittleBigPlanet, and is praising its appeal to the mass market. It’s being played online now by 1.3 million people. There are now 300,000 levels available, thanks to user-generated content for this game. That’s pretty impressive."

http://venturebeat.com/2009/01/08/live-blogging-ces-sony-ceo-howard-stringer/

They seem to claim the same thing as IGN.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

DMeisterJ said:

My last statement in this thread:

At the end of the day, no one in this thread was at CES. IGN was, and have him as saying 'played'. So I'm going to take the work of a well-respected gaming site, over that of some people on this forum.

There is a LittleBigAgenda on this site in order to curb success of this game, which I talked about in my "People will never see LBP as a success" thread. Simply put, people will throw VGC itself under the bus in order to make sure that this game is never a success. People seem to care about this site about as much as they do a jizz-rag. When it's useful, it's all cool, but once it's not useful anymore, the site is wrong and is always over/under tracking something.   VGC has it at 1.82 million, and that's what it sold until otherwise stated.  >_>

I enjoy the amount of hypocrisy on this site, reminds me of how silly people are arguing over sales.

Hmm...

Paranoid much?

The only agenda out there is yours.

When you've got website vs the rest... you gotta go with the rest unless you have well... a fanboy agenda.