By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz says Little Big Planet sold 1.3 million-- oh noes! Did I win my bet?

johnsobas said:
Max King of the Wild said:
johnsobas said:
johnsobas said:
uh...it's right there in the middle of your post

[9:48] Hirai talks up Little Big Planet, which has sold 1.3 million units worldwide.

So let me get this straight me and you are having "Apple pies are delicious" and then we get on the "I eat mine with ice cream" and you are say i should "But the pie goes straight to my theighs"?

did you see the part where it said little bit planet sold 1.3 million worldwide.  It doesn't matter how much they talk about PSN in between, when you say "Little bit planet sold 1.3 million worldwide" that's exactly what it means.

Have you ever gone through college? Most collges make you go through speech class. And all speech classes teach you to stay on the subject.

I can guarentee that Kaz and that SCEA guy with a lisp all graduated college. I can also guarentee you that they have people who majored in writing and speech write their speeches for them.

I don't think they would have been on the subject of PSN then go on the sales for a split second just to go back to PSN

yes...i finished college which doesn't have to do with anything. 

when you say Little Big Planet has sold 1.3 million units worldwide what the hell do you think it means?  I don't think i need to be teaching english to you.  The wording isn't flexible at all.  There's no room for interpretation.

No but bad journalism which the gaming industry and gamespot both have in common make it questionable especilly when Kaz made a speech about PSN from begining to end so why would sales be brought up?

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
johnsobas said:
johnsobas said:
uh...it's right there in the middle of your post

[9:48] Hirai talks up Little Big Planet, which has sold 1.3 million units worldwide.

So let me get this straight me and you are having "Apple pies are delicious" and then we get on the "I eat mine with ice cream" and you are say i should "But the pie goes straight to my theighs"?

did you see the part where it said little bit planet sold 1.3 million worldwide.  It doesn't matter how much they talk about PSN in between, when you say "Little bit planet sold 1.3 million worldwide" that's exactly what it means.

Have you ever gone through college? Most collges make you go through speech class. And all speech classes teach you to stay on the subject.

I can guarentee that Kaz and that SCEA guy with a lisp all graduated college. I can also guarentee you that they have people who majored in writing and speech write their speeches for them.

I don't think they would have been on the subject of PSN then go on the sales for a split second just to go back to PSN

yes...i finished college which doesn't have to do with anything. 

when you say Little Big Planet has sold 1.3 million units worldwide what the hell do you think it means?  I don't think i need to be teaching english to you.  The wording isn't flexible at all.  There's no room for interpretation.

No but bad journalism which the gaming industry and gamespot both have in common make it questionable especilly when Kaz made a speech about PSN from begining to end so why would sales be brought up?

He was saying the game sold this many copies and they made this many maps, played this many hours.  It's not that unbelievable.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

A plead to Brett (site boss and sales tracking master):

As a representative of all the X360 fanboys on VG Chartz I hereby demand a recount of the sales of Little Big Planet lol.

So gamespot paraphrases and ign goes into detail but we are suppose to hold gamespot as all knowing in this situation? please get out of here

i got one of those and love it, along with probably 50 hrs of gametime so far! it's where i was guessing it would be, i think it's going to be a long seller though, there's new stuff every day.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

LBP is in the bargain bins/price reduced in many stores.   This lower number is probably right because games that sell well do not get put in the bargain bin.

Which stores are those?? I didnt like the game much from my rental, but if I can get it on the cheap Ill pick it up I will.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Lafiel said:
@ twesterm )

well, if you are a gamer you should hope you lost your bet, because great games deserve great sales, right?

True, but imo, I'm the only one who is qualified to lable a game as "great" so it actually works out perfectly for me.

That said, some great games EARN great sales. Like Nintendo franchises.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

SHMUPGurus said:
Holy shit! There's an afro in the game?

Yes. I prefer the Lion's main myself however

OT: Yay!! So I'm guessing this is without the bundle?

4 ≈ One

The overall conclusions for LBP are this game is overhyped, overtracked and flopped!!

I guess the game was substantially over tracked then?

Given Kaz would be talking shipped sales (and he CLEARLY said sales) and VGC tracks sold to consumers, it appears we are over tracking by upwards of 700k depending on stock on shelves.

The game still did well for what it was, but it's nowhere near the PS3 savior it was hyped up to be. Especially now.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS