By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if the PS3 was discontinued...will you suicide? Dance? Get a wii? 360?

I would be shocked, really really shocked. Then I'd cry and roll on the floor. Seriously, it would be hard for me. I have a 360 and I don't like it. I tried the wii and I hate it. So, I don't really know what I would do ... Maybe quit the video games world or go full handheld ... Really I don't know, but I don't think the ps3 will be discontinued.

Around the Network
Tremble said:
I would be shocked, really really shocked. Then I'd cry and roll on the floor. Seriously, it would be hard for me. I have a 360 and I don't like it. I tried the wii and I hate it. So, I don't really know what I would do ... Maybe quit the video games world or go full handheld ... Really I don't know, but I don't think the ps3 will be discontinued.

This seems a bit... extreme.

1. ps3 dead =glee

2.realize it will kill 360 too = more glee

3.better games (ya, i said it)

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

I would pick up a PS3 for a discounted price if this situation ever arose. Which is very unlikely to happen in the near future.

Ps3 will go down as the one console thats technologically over powered and killed it.

Around the Network

I will find the nearest 360 fanboy and beat them with my PS3. :) jk

I do hate Sony but I do like when there is competition from them but at the same time I want them to just go away. The thing is if they go away the games can be done on other consoles like the 360, I won’t have to waist my money on a PS3 then. Yes of course it is sad that people will lose their jobs if that happens and I wouldn’t want that for my self or anybody.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Believe it or not, I as a Nintendo fan would be upset. Whenever you lose a good competitor your own product usually becomes less inspired due to the fact that you don't have to be as cutting edge anymore. Also, I think that if the market loses a console that it's bad news for gaming in general. The more games out there, the better.

So do you guys think that they'd become a developer for Nintendo or Microsoft, or do you think that they'd leave gaming all together?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

i will nothing! lol, ill be pissed off at sony, but ill still use it and stuff though, at least untill they stopped making games for it

numonex said:
I would pick up a PS3 for a discounted price if this situation ever arose. Which is very unlikely to happen in the near future.

This (maybe).

I'd probably buy a few games for it, but the main use would probably be as a machine to experiment with Cell programming for number-crunching applications and perhaps audio programming stuff. Backwards compatibility would be a bonus since I never had a PS2 (or any last-gen console for that matter).

All in all, I'm guessing that the PS3 being discontinued would have more concrete advantages than disadvantages for me. The only problem would be the potential chaos among game developers, some more bankruptcies could arise.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957