By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if the PS3 was discontinued...will you suicide? Dance? Get a wii? 360?

I'd be pretty damn bummed out.

Around the Network
jammy2211 said:
NeoRatt said:
I would be disappointed. Sony is the reason Microsoft keeps putting out great titles. Same if Microsoft was to drop out....

If either Sony or Microsoft pull out they'll still be competiting with Activision, EA, Square Enix, Capcom, Konami etc for software sales...

Hell, I'd argue that having only one HD console would benefit the quality of games on the system. Cheaper developement costs, shorter times, and only one hardware platform to developer. PS360 multiplats normally 'downgrade' games in aspects so that it can easily be played on both systems, and use neither of their strength.

To be honest I don't get this 'competition' argument people spout how only one HD console would be a bad thing, the software market would always have competition and Microsoft couldn't rip people off with a high retail price, because as shown this gen more then ever, people will only buy it when it's at the price they feel is acceptable.

The one thing I sort of understand peoples worries is if the PS3 dropped out tommorow, then the HD market would have a smaller userbase, which could lead to third parties shitting bricks and cancelling games or whatever. It'd also be awkward if Microsoft was left as they have no recogniseable Japanese userbase. Both problems would most likely be addressed long term though.

If you look at the releases of exclusives during the generation so far between 360 and PS3 you will notice that you can match exclusives almost 1 to 1.

If one or the other drops out the need to compete with exclusives will decrease.  Look at Nintendo right now, they know they are selling without new exclusive content.  So they are taking their sweet time and will wait to release another Mario, Zelda, or Metroid when they start to lose market share.  The console vendors only do what they have to to hold or gain market share.  Having balance between the three ensures maximum competition as long as they all make money.

I'd be annoyed because more support would go to the wii and less to the remaining hd consoles.

I am just happy that you got banned because of your racist comment.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Well when the Gamecube tanked, I still played it, so I would assume that I would keep playing PS3. I think that we have a healtier video game market with Sony in it. I think that it would be bad for gamers if MS had no competition.

Around the Network

1. what would your first reaction be? e.g. LOL take that SONY.....Serves you right for what you did to Sega.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Wouldn't care really. Currently only PC has games I like to play.

Since I already have a gaming rig I would simply become a PC gamer exclusively.

I'd be quite happy if that happened. Sony would become a software developer like Sega did and develop for the remaining consoles. It would result in me missing out on less games because I can't justify owning 3 consoles in a generation, two I can manage just fine.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

jerry sure didn't last...