By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if the PS3 was discontinued...will you suicide? Dance? Get a wii? 360?

Keep playing the games I have for it. Keep Using it as a media center in my living room. Keep my Wii company.

Around the Network

I'd be sad for a while then go to the store to get a 360. It's just that simple. I've purchased a Microsoft console before so this won't be news.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Enjoy the fireworks in the Sony forum.

Be surprised, a bit pissed off, then buy a 360 a few weeks later. May wait a bit longer to see the fallout and where the games are going and whatnot.

I would be happy, since it would give my favourite console a decent boost in sales numbers.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
I would be happy, since it would give my favourite console a decent boost in sales numbers.

Would you get a pay increase?

>_> <_< >_>

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

I would be disappointed. Sony is the reason Microsoft keeps putting out great titles. Same if Microsoft was to drop out....

NeoRatt said:
I would be disappointed. Sony is the reason Microsoft keeps putting out great titles. Same if Microsoft was to drop out....

If either Sony or Microsoft pull out they'll still be competiting with Activision, EA, Square Enix, Capcom, Konami etc for software sales...

Hell, I'd argue that having only one HD console would benefit the quality of games on the system. Cheaper developement costs, shorter times, and only one hardware platform to developer. PS360 multiplats normally 'downgrade' games in aspects so that it can easily be played on both systems, and use neither of their strength.

To be honest I don't get this 'competition' argument people spout how only one HD console would be a bad thing, the software market would always have competition and Microsoft couldn't rip people off with a high retail price, because as shown this gen more then ever, people will only buy it when it's at the price they feel is acceptable.

The one thing I sort of understand peoples worries is if the PS3 dropped out tommorow, then the HD market would have a smaller userbase, which could lead to third parties shitting bricks and cancelling games or whatever. It'd also be awkward if Microsoft was left as they have no recogniseable Japanese userbase. Both problems would most likely be addressed long term though.

Microsoft will be one step closer to domination *cue evil business laugh* (yes that is bad)

PS3 itself doesn't interest me too much, PS1 and PS2 did greatly though. I will be more sad that they won't be able to do it right with a PS4, PS5... etc.

I think the chance of PS3 going under is small but it has the most chance out of all the other consoles even before these recent events (MS is THE corporation, Nintendo has shown a profit during its' entire existence).

Move over Sony, Apple is coming to town.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad