By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii is kO'ing everyone

leo-j said:
konnichiwa said:

Anyway I understand what you mean....It is like some Wii fans just don't care about games anymore but just about sales.

'Valkyria Chronicles is a great game' 'Yeah but it don't sale much haha!.

This is exactly what I mean.

I see your silly argument and raise you!

"Zak and Wiki is a great game" "Yeah but it don't sale much haha!."

This is exactly what I'm ignoring.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

Alright not to sound like a troll or anything, but why do wii fans constantly bring up the wii's sales, yet never speak of its games?

"Wii is beating the shit out of the ps3 and 360, ha" yes in sales..

"Wii is Koing everyone, and it deserves it I have one" k in sales..

Why do wii fans bring up sales, and not games? While 360 and ps3 fans always bring up games?

Is the wii more of a selling machine, or a gaming machine to its fans? They dont stop talking about its sales(Then act so superior because the wii is the king because of its sales, despite its quality compared to the ps3 and 360)

<---------------- this car, an austin allegro sold more cars than..........

<---------------- this car a mclaren f1

the mclaren is the superior car, but the damn allegro sold more.

^i know the above is a bit extreme, but i just wanted to show that because something sells better doesnt automatically make the product better.

this seems to be a problem on vg chartz, instead of enjoying the games that YOU like to play, some people try to put others down that thier product is somewhat better because it sells more.

anyone who disagrees with my reasoning is "derranged"

YOU CANNOT PLAY SALES BUT YOU CERTAINLY CAN PLAY GAMES...........AND THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.

play the games that you like to play and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.

^to those who claim something is better than other purely on the basis it sold more

nintendogs > fable 2 lmao..............................................

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk. didnt you want the ps3 to sell so badly that you made a mini advertisement for the ps3 in your sig?

phenom08 said:

its selling because of its games

this

Skeeuk said:
leo-j said:

Alright not to sound like a troll or anything, but why do wii fans constantly bring up the wii's sales, yet never speak of its games?

Why do wii fans bring up sales, and not games? While 360 and ps3 fans always bring up games?

Is the wii more of a selling machine, or a gaming machine to its fans? They dont stop talking about its sales(Then act so superior because the wii is the king because of its sales, despite its quality compared to the ps3 and 360)

^i know the above is a bit extreme, but i just wanted to show that because something sells better doesnt automatically make the product better.

this seems to be a problem on vg chartz, instead of enjoying the games that YOU like to play, some people try to put others down that thier product is somewhat better because it sells more.

YOU CANNOT PLAY SALES BUT YOU CERTAINLY CAN PLAY GAMES...........AND THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.

play the games that you like to play and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.

^to those who claim something is better than other purely on the basis it sold more

Wooww ooo WOOOO !! Stop it man

You are talking about products that are 1/10.000 different in pricing. This is not the case a videogaming console (except the PS3, but not because it is better, but because of porr production capabilities).

So your argument is ... well... you know...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
leo-j said:

You can argue that the McLaren F1 is a better car than the Austin Allegro but the Austin Allegro is a car that can be driven in a winter climate, can go over speed bumps, and the total cost of ownership would be less than the insurance on the McLaren F1.

In other words, there are several metrics where the McLaren F1 performs so poorly that it could easily be argued that the car is worthless for most people.

i remember when GTAIV, MGS4 and LBP got released, sony fanboys were only worried if the ps3 would pass wii sales the week they were released

Skeeuk said:
leo-j said:

I am so tired of this logic that it gives me a headache. Really. The car analogy just makes it worse.

Because everyone misuses that analogy. They don't even realize what they're saying.

"Oh, the Honda Civic outsold the Lamborghini Murciélago, even though the Lambo is the much better car! This is the perfect analogy for the Wii and the PS3/360/Jaguar/Neo Geo!"

No it isn't. Do you know why the Honda Civic outsells the Lambo? Do you know why it would outsell the Lambo even if they were the same price?

High performance sports cars (especially the Lamborghini line) are loud to the point of deafening the driver, have suspension that's like being shot in the ass by a .50 Desert Eagle every time you look at a pothole, smotheringly hot, difficult to control, enormous fuel wasters, and completely inefficient for the transportation of more than two people! They are status symbols, and among the worst values in terms of dollars spent that the average person could ever look for!

Compare it to the Civic, which is clean, easy to control, quiet, fuel efficient, comfortably sized for a small family (if you ever get bigger, go for the Accord), has generally great climate control, is low-profile, and doesn't damage the environment.

You are making the worst analogy ever when you make this argument.

HappySqurriel said:

You can argue that the McLaren F1 is a better car than the Austin Allegro but the Austin Allegro is a car that can be driven in a winter climate, can go over speed bumps, and the total cost of ownership would be less than the insurance on the McLaren F1.

In other words, there are several metrics where the McLaren F1 performs so poorly that it could easily be argued that the car is worthless for most people.

Good point. The Allegro is more useful than the F1. It can go nearly anwhere and has room for more people and cargo. The average person wouldn't even be able to control the F1 without killing themself.

11ht11 said:
Skeeuk. didnt you want the ps3 to sell so badly that you made a mini advertisement for the ps3 in your sig?

you dont really think that a sig in a post that was clearly just for fun, automatically makes me want to sell ps3 so badly as you put it? lmao

sorry 11ht11 youve pulled a clanger on that one.................

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...