By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii is kO'ing everyone

leo-j said:
Shanobi said:
leo-j said:
11ht11 said:
i just noticed something, sony fanboys spend too much time talking crap about the wii instead of praising the ps3

Ive noticed wii fanboys talk more about sales than games, because its the only thing the wii is better at over the ps360, selling.

And with that I leave this thread, because its TRUE. (idk if I get banned, the truth hurts I guess)

Welcome to the world of opinion. 

opinion: Wii has better graphics than ps3/360

opinion: Wii has a better online system than ps3/360

opinion: Wii surely has better games than ps3/360

opinion: Wii has better features than ps3/360

You telling me its all about opinion?

You can't have an opinion on something factual, you can't have an opinion about Africa not being a real place, you can't have an opinion that you can fly, and youy can't have an opinion that Wii games are technically better than HD games.

It is all about opinion, but some opinions can be wrong, you can say anything is your opinion the way you put it.

About having better graphics: some people can like the art style of a game on Wii and think it looks better than every game on the HD systems, I think Super Mario Galaxy looks better than all HD games, period. However if someone were to say it looked technically better, they would be wrong, ie a wrong opinion. You can't have an opinion about everything like you are saying in your post.

It is my opinion that the sky is red and grass is pink, obviously that's not true, but i can't just say it's "my opinion so it's true for me"

For Wii has better online: some people could argue that they like Wiiware more than xbox live arcvade or PSN, some people could like the security of friend codes over an open user name seen by everyone (though probably very rare) So yes some people could think Wii has better online, i don't.

For Wii has better games: this is entirely opinion and something metacritic can't be used for. According to MEtacritic Fire Emblem is a mediacore game, i'm sure anyone who has played it thinks it deserves at least an 80+ %, same with Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, etc. especially since titles like GTA 4 and Halo 3 get undeserved high scores. I let my money do the talking, and I own twice as many games for Wii as I do for 360, i lvoe both consoles, but Wii simply has more games, you can't tell me that my taste in games is wrong, most 360 games don't interest me, you can't shove metacritic in my face and tell me that my taste in games is wrong.

The minute you have factualy evidence that 360 and PS3 games are better than Wii games, you would have a point, but metacritic and reviews are not fact.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Shanobi said:
leo-j said:
11ht11 said:
i just noticed something, sony fanboys spend too much time talking crap about the wii instead of praising the ps3

Ive noticed wii fanboys talk more about sales than games, because its the only thing the wii is better at over the ps360, selling.

And with that I leave this thread, because its TRUE. (idk if I get banned, the truth hurts I guess)

Welcome to the world of opinion. 

opinion: Wii has better graphics than ps3/360

opinion: Wii has a better online system than ps3/360

opinion: Wii surely has better games than ps3/360

opinion: Wii has better features than ps3/360

You telling me its all about opinion?

Well, I'm not really sure what your point is there. I mean, what you stated was opinion when you said that the "only thing the wii is better at over the ps360, selling." That's an opinion.

I haven't argued that graphically the Wii is better than either opinion. But as a gamer of close to 30 years, I prefer the Wii to both of the other systems. That's my opinion, too, but I don't trout it out as fact.

I have a high end PC, and I'm able to play games like Far Cry with the settings cranked. But honestly, I couldn't care less that it looks amazing. If the game was made to run in only 800x600, and had turd-like textures, but still had great gameplay I'd be more than happy. It seems to me that a lot of the pro-PS3 and 360 threads are more about judging the books by their covers. In reality, these games do absolutely nothing different than they did on the PS2 and Xbox. Sure, you can have more enemies on the screen in some cases, but really, they could have done the same on the old systems if they'd wanted to.

What I don't get about many of your posts/threads, is that you seem to be very unhappy that your PS3 isn't selling as well as you'd hoped it would. It's completely unimportant. But to whine about it on a site where people come to discuss game and hardware sales just makes no sense at all.

People are going to talk about the Wii's sales numbers, because we've never seen anything like it, and again, you're on a site dedicated to sales numbers. Like I said also, when you first posted this, there were three topics on the main page dedicated to talking about Wii games. 

Enjoy your PS3. I'm glad you love it. But really, laying smack down on other people for enjoying something other than you enjoy is just silly. (Hey, I like to also, but mostly when people are doing obvious trolling.)

You seem like an okay guy, I just don't get these kinds of threads. 

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

because this is a sales site??

you guys should join my discussion

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=55316&page=1

The funny thing is that you Leo are the one always talking about the PS3 sales and the price cut and not about the PS3 line up, you almost never talk about games, very ironic!

Around the Network
leo-j said:

Alright not to sound like a troll or anything, but why do wii fans constantly bring up the wii's sales, yet never speak of its games?

"Wii is beating the shit out of the ps3 and 360, ha" yes in sales..

"Wii is Koing everyone, and it deserves it I have one" k in sales..

Why do wii fans bring up sales, and not games? While 360 and ps3 fans always bring up games?

Is the wii more of a selling machine, or a gaming machine to its fans? They dont stop talking about its sales(Then act so superior because the wii is the king because of its sales, despite its quality compared to the ps3 and 360)

each person has their own opinion of game quality, but sales are facts.

I think the PS3 and 360 game libraries are garbage, but some like the PS3 and 360 libraries, so its opinion

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

It's selling because it appeals to casuals much more than any console before it, PS2 kinda did with Singstar, Eye Toy and Buzz, Wii took it to a new level, expect to see Wii mote devices for PS3 and 360 in the near future as well as Wii Play and Wii Sports like games for those machines.

Aren't we on a sales site? I think you have your answer!

Maybe you should be asking why other fanboys always bring up the Wii games.

Well there was never really any good purpose to this thread in the first place. Seeing as how the responses have sucked, I'm locking this. Now I know how much you all loving trolling and stupid threads, which is why I'm sure I'll see complaints for locking this. Well, tough luck. Stop complaining to me if you don't want tough modding.

Locked.