By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Home made $40 in aproximately 3 minutes..

wow, people are still buying this? i cant be an analyst for sure, because i would have never found any logic into buying anything at home or at least "playing" in it.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

Buying clothes for home is nothing like being charged for playing online. Playing online is still free. Home is free. Being charged for home is like being charged for themes... people are being stupid about this

greenmedic88 said:
It's not any different from selling skins for any other game, whether it be Soul Caliber IV, LBP, etc.

Nobody has to buy anything as it's already been pointed out (and ignored by the detractors).

Developers will probably take the cue from Guerilla Games and include Home costumes/items with pre-orders for their games in the future.

I'm pre-ordering KZ2 through Amazon for this reason, just like a lot of people pre-ordered LBP based upon which retailer offered which DL bonus items.

And yes, a lot of people buying items on Home have the disposable income to spend it on whatever tickles them. If you can't grok that, again, nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything.

But sales on items are not likely to stay consistent since it's mainly new users who end up buying items. How that trend changes will depend on how often new items are made available as well as if they're interesting enough to warrant a purchase.

And of course, there are free items players can win which no one has mentioned. Although much like free swag that is handed out at trade shows (t-shirts, hats, etc.) they are more like product placement items. But still free. And some are actually pretty funny.

Bullshit

I don't agree with paying extra for outfits in SCIV or other similar games. But at least they serve a purpose within the game. Home is NOT a game, this is just for losers to think they look cool by wasting money on imaginary things.

Please stop comparing it to other things, just because one thing is doing something wrong doesn't mean its ok for other stuff to do it too. This is Sony's "virtual space" not a game. They are just messing it up with crap like this.

This isn't DLC in the classic sense.

I have owned my PS3 since launch. I bought a the sweatshirt the first time I visited Home. So in over two years I guess you could say that Sony has charged me .49 cents to play online.......I'd say that is a bargain.

But just to be safe I will stay at work an extra 15 seconds to recoup my losses.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts

I thought Sony fans were saying how evil MS were for charging for theme, picture tag and all those microtransaction DLC. So suddenly $.99 for virtual cloth and 4.99 for LBP stuff is OK because it help Sony make money?

Around the Network

wow 40$ in 3 mins.... that is like 17.5 M $ a year.... or not much for a company the size of sony....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

leo-j said:

The lowest priced item in home is $0.99, the furniture and santa suit, and other appliances are around $1.99,

Now when in the mall, if you hear a sound that goes "ching" that means something was purchased.

I counted around 40 of these "chings" in less than 3 minutes, meaning sony is making so much money out of home, and ever time I go to the mall, I hear that noise commonly, sony made $40 or more in just 3 minutes. Even though Home really is only good if you are into its community aspect, its making sony a $hit load of money, thats for sure.

lol i thought the ching was a fault.......................

dunno why ppl are comparing home to a game they are stupid,

home isnt paying for online because thats free anyways so is home, its for anyone who wants to purchase any addons like cloths, its a neat idea.

hey guess what, it beats the crap out of paying for themes and lol gamerpics..............and an even bigger lol, paying for music videos, when on psn u can just boot up the browser and watch that same video on youtube in HQ for free.

psn is simply brilliant.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
leo-j said:

The lowest priced item in home is $0.99, the furniture and santa suit, and other appliances are around $1.99,

Now when in the mall, if you hear a sound that goes "ching" that means something was purchased.

I counted around 40 of these "chings" in less than 3 minutes, meaning sony is making so much money out of home, and ever time I go to the mall, I hear that noise commonly, sony made $40 or more in just 3 minutes. Even though Home really is only good if you are into its community aspect, its making sony a $hit load of money, thats for sure.

lol i thought the ching was a fault.......................

dunno why ppl are comparing home to a game they are stupid,

home isnt paying for online because thats free anyways so is home, its for anyone who wants to purchase any addons like cloths, its a neat idea.

hey guess what, it beats the crap out of paying for themes and lol gamerpics..............and an even bigger lol, paying for music videos, when on psn u can just boot up the browser and watch that same video on youtube in HQ for free.

psn is simply brilliant.

the advertisers within HOME is paying for the PSN's online services

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453