By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Home made $40 in aproximately 3 minutes..

TheBigFatJ said:

Selling virtual goods for real money is such a stupid profitable gimmick.

fixed

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:

Selling virtual goods for real money is such a stupid gimmick.

some people think motion control is such a stupid gimmick,,,people should keep those ideas to themselves ;)

TheBigFatJ said:

Selling virtual goods for real money is such a stupid gimmick.

tell that to the thousands of Second Life, Red Light District, There, etc players. I think they will disagree because they are having fun.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Also that was just the NA store, there is still the JP and EU store where people are buying stuff. As I said well before Home was nothing but a cash cow and I was right. PS3 console owners should be very happy though, means more money will be pumped back into the gaming division this more games and maybe ever more studio purchases. :O

I can't believe a thread (that was incorrect in the first place) caused a chain reaction about people buying virtual clothing. Is it a slow day or something?

Around the Network
RPG said:
Also that was just the NA store, there is still the JP and EU store where people are buying stuff. As I said well before Home was nothing but a cash cow and I was right. PS3 console owners should be very happy though, means more money will be pumped back into the gaming division this more games and maybe ever more studio purchases. :O

We also have zero idea how many servers HOME has in each country.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

How can they call it a beta if they're making money off of it?

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

NJ5 said:
SlumsofOhio said:
Let me end this thread for good. That "ching" you hear is NOT someone purchasing an item in Home, but a piece being captured in chess. Hope this will clear up any problems you guys had!

Haha. If that's true it makes us all look ridiculous for discussing this.

LOL.  Can this be verified?

said this already but microtransactions = $$$

this spending is optional, people like to look good virtually, said people buy crud, sony makes money. we are born, we live, we love, we die. simple as that

Precisely, as I said the funny part is that the main money I thought Home would make would be from 3rd party adverts and I doubt I am wrong about that. IMO Home is rubbish as of now yet I went on yesterday for the first time and many people were on Home. In time it will only get better so more people will come in Home, spend and 3rd parties will see and want to advertise.

Said it once and will say it again, Home was nothing stroke of a stroke of genius.