By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "The PS3 can't sell software" WKC

Chris Hu said:
Meh, who cares when it comes to software sales neither Sony or Microsoft can touch Nintendo Wii fit cost $90US and it sold over 13 million copies already as a matter of fact I saw two people buying the game yesterday.

Yeah... Wii Fit sells a lot. Why bother about how much any other game sells?

The minor sales are just as important as the major sales - perhaps more important.

If you don't care about the minor Ps3/X360 games sales, why do you even bother to post in one of the threads about one?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:
Meh, who cares when it comes to software sales neither Sony or Microsoft can touch Nintendo Wii fit cost $90US and it sold over 13 million copies already as a matter of fact I saw two people buying the game yesterday.

The minor sales are just as important as the major sales - perhaps more important.

If you don't care about the minor Ps3/X360 games sales, why do you even bother to post in one of the threads about one?

I was just pointing out how pointless this argument is we all know that Nintendo is the true champ when it comes to selling software.

Chris Hu said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:

I was just pointing out how pointless this argument is we all know that Nintendo is the true champ when it comes to selling software.

We don't need people pointing that out in every single thread! We know that the Wii is selling more software than the X360/Ps3, we know the Wii is selling more hardware, we know the DS is selling even more hardware than that again. We don't need someone to say it in every thread, as that almost always creates a flame war.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:

We don't need people pointing that out in every single thread! We know that the Wii is selling more software than the X360/Ps3, we know the Wii is selling more hardware, we know the DS is selling even more hardware than that again. We don't need someone to say it in every thread, as that almost always creates a flame war.

Someone before me already pointed out that both the PS3 and the 360 are only minor players when it comes to software sales in Japan.  WKC did pretty good but until a PS3/360 game sells 500,000 in its first week and over a million in its lifetime in Japan their is really nothing to get overly excited about.

Chris Hu said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:

Someone before me already pointed out that both the PS3 and the 360 are only minor players when it comes to software sales in Japan.  WKC did pretty good but until a PS3/360 game sells 500,000 in its first week and over a million in its lifetime in Japan their is really nothing to get overly excited about.

I agree. Unless a X360 game sells more than its userbase in Japan, there's no reason to get exited...

Oh, and hey! What games have sold more than 500K first week on Wii?

Wii Fit? No, it barely made 250K

Mario Kart Wii - yeah, that made it.

Brawl - made it

So there are 2 Wii games that people should get excited about. Hooray!

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:

I agree. Unless a X360 game sells more than its userbase in Japan, there's no reason to get exited...

Brawl - made it

The 500K was to high a number but anyway its way to early to get exited about WKC sales numbers.  MGS4 sold over 400K in its first week in Japan but look what happened to its sales the next week and its total sales numbers its still not close to 1 million in Japan.

does a higher software total sales, make the game actually better? thats like saying assasins creed on 360 is a better game than bioshock on 360...............

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
does a higher software total sales, make the game actually better? thats like saying assasins creed on 360 is a better game than bioshock on 360...............

Good point if you go by revenue alone then Titanic should be the best movie of all time which it is not not even close to the best.

Chris Hu said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Chris Hu said:

Brawl - made it

The 500K was to high a number but anyway its way to early to get exited about WKC sales numbers.  MGS4 sold over 400K in its first week in Japan but look what happened to its sales the next week and its total sales numbers its still not close to 1 million in Japan.

What a foolish statement... no MGS sold over a million in Japan. Not many games at all sold over a million in Japan... even on the Ps2.

Well WKC does seem to show that PS3 can't sell JRPGs in japan.

Of course... the 360 can't either.

So really. It doesn't invalidate the PS3 argument.

WKC sold low for it's budget... so it'll need America and Europe to rally for it.

There is a reason why basically every RPG series not Final Fantasy was a low budget affair on the PS2.

The problem is... HD consoles don't allow for low budget affairs.  Meaning the HD systems basically NEED blockbusters.