By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "The PS3 can't sell software" WKC

I have noticed over the past couple of days or so , the 360 fanboys arguing that the sales of WKC are poor considering the "Internet hype " and Userbase of the PS3 in Japan. Even though it sales have (According to the Japan preview) more than doubled their 360 counterparts.
They claim that because of the 3 :1 userbase of the PS3 against the 360 in Japan the WKC sales are far from impressive.
My point is this. In America The 360 has a 2:1 advantage Hardware wise against PS3 right? But when it comes to software sales in America the The 360 fanboys claim PS3 can't sell software. But yet they forget that the have not taken their OWN Arguement into consideration. They Use the Userbase argument In Japan for WKC outselling Square -Enix 360 Exclusive JRPGs. But that very argument has been tossed aside by the very same people when it comes to America Software sales. You can't have it one way and not the other because that is hypocrisy. Thoughts and opinions? N.B Notice I said Fanboys Not Fans. If you are not a Fanboy this should not offend you

Around the Network

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous. I'll admit to being more partial to Microsoft (as you said, a fan, not a fanboy), but you'll never catch me making such hypocritical claims.

If a PS3 game outsells the same 360 game in America, or if 360 puts up respectable numbers compared to PS3 in Japan, that's something to talk about. However, the reverse is not true.

Edit: within reason, of course.  If a 360 game were to outsell the PS3 version five times over, then you'd have at least somewhat of an argument.  However, that hasn't happened, so it's a ridiculous claim.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Perhaps their point is the attach ratio then.... which in both America and Japan is larger for the 360 than the PS3?

Just thinking out loud here.

@Kitchensink, Yeah you can be slightly partial(you are), I am with Sony , but their is a line between fan and fanboys. I respect fans, they are true gamers.

Before WKC was released, the 360 fanboys claimed that the PS3 couldn't sell JRPG's, and that the 360 was the JRPG king (LMFAO), the new home for JRPG's after the PS2 (ROFL). Now that WKC has outsold every 360 JRPG lifetime sales in Japan in 3 days, they claim about attach rates.

Companies don't care about attach rates, they just care about copies sold. The PS3 does this better for JRPG's, so the PS3 will have more JRPG's then the 360 in the future (the Wii will have even more though).

Around the Network

@TwRoo

Well thats interesting because if you sell 100k on the 360 in japan, its already what? 18% attach rate?

mM
leo-j said:
@TwRoo

Well thats interesting because if you sell 100k on the 360 in japan, its already what? 18% attach rate?

Exactly... which is why it's BS, though I was talking attach ratio (games per console) rather than the pick up rate of 1 game, but it is true either way.

360: 6,240,078 (+24%) 156,159,611 10.18

PS3: 2,644,136 (+23%) 55,652,573 7.67

Id say thats more then 2:1?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

i think that everstar might be a fanboy

PS2: Nobody notice software with 200k copies

PS3: Megaton

Sick of SackBoy threads