By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 had best lineup for holidays,Wii had worst = Wii sells 4 times more.

leo-j said:
Oh well what can you do, to people Carnival games, and BABYZ are much better than LBP, GEARS 2, or MGS4!

This is basically correct. Imagine: Babyz Party isn't a good example, as that hasn't sold well, but Carnival Games is in Metal Gear's territory.

Do you prefer Metal Gear? That's fine, have fun. Other people disagree, and think it's boring, and prefer Carnival Games. The end.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

Maybe the vast majority of people have different tastes than you.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Looking at Gamerankings.com there are (roughly) 150 Wii games that have an average score of over 70% (with at least 1 review) ... This doesn't mean that the Wii has some sort of Amazing line-up, but it does mean that there are more than enough playable titles on the system that people can find something interesting to them.

Guess the boys in the age of 15-25 are the ones with the least amount of cash to spend on games...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Games that appeal to you ≠ Games that appleal the the masses.

PS3 has the best holiday linup for you.

Around the Network

One of the hallmark personality traits of young males is a lack of empathy, and that hallmark is always in full swing on internet forums.

I am endlessly frustrated by most people's inability to reach the simple conclusion: most people don't like the things that you like. It's that simple! I remember when I first stated on these forums that I really disliked Metal Gear Solid 4: how could I not see how awesome this game is? How was I not blown away by its ridiculous amounts of win?

I've explained many times, but the short answer is that I think it's sophomoric. Others might object to the game's incredibly nerdy premise -- a genetically engineered super spy fighting giant robots. And also the President, who is also a genetically engineered clone. In just the same way you might instantly dislike a game that stars cute puppies, others may dislike a game that revolves around super spies fighting giant robots.

Whatever the reason, people need to accept that the things you like are not liked by everyone, and the things you apparently hate (Carnival Games, Wii Fit, Wii Music, whatever) are enjoyed by other people. Your tastes are not better (lol babyz are no worse than lol super spy / bald space marine). Just accept that many people -- in fact, the majority -- do not like the things you like, and prefer other stuff. If you accept this basic fact, the mysteriously succesful Wii which seems to magically sell because it's sprinkled with fairy dust no longer requires bizarre explanations for its prosperity. The Wii sells because most people prefer the types of games the Wii offers (and yes, this includes Wii Fit and Wii Play as much as it does Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart or Guitar Hero). Just like that, this mystery is solved.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

WiiStation360 said:

Games that appeal to you ≠ Games that appleal the the masses.

PS3 has the best holiday linup for you.

Wait, wait.  Have we come to the conclusion then, that since the games appeal to different demographics, that the Wii and PS360 are not actually competing for the same financial territory?

Hmm.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

amp316 said:
Could it be that Nintendo's old games are better than Sony's new ones? Just thinking out loud.

No way! Nintendo is just doing great marketing and fast money.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

the Wii has more mass appeal than the PS3 (for thoose who still dont understand this) so it will sell more, as for lineups, i think the 360s was best personally, that just the games i like though, i bought games for my PS3 and Wii and PC as well though