By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 had best lineup for holidays,Wii had worst = Wii sells 4 times more.

sanadawarrior said:
Shanobi said:
colonelstubbs said:
Its because the wii offers something different, thats what it is. When people get over the motion controls, thats when things might change

Why would people get over something that is vastly superior? I'd rather die than go back and play fps with dual analogue, over the Wii remote, or mouse keyboard. It's like driving a tank, and lame as hell.

Welcome to the future gentlemen, and ladies. Time to get off your porch rockers and stop whittling. Dual analogue is old, old school. You may as well say people will "get over" dual analogue and go back to joy paddles.

Vastly superior to you maybe. Meh, if the future is wii style motion controls on all consoles then I would rather get off the train and find a new hobby. Actually I would probably just move to PC only, thats where I got started after all...

Personally, I have always found this to be one of the most pathetic remarks that people make ...

With the exception of a couple of face buttons on the Wiimote, the Wiimote and Nunchuck combo has the same functionality as a conventional controller and has the added functionality of motion controls and IR pointing. Certainly, the motion controls need some work in the hardware technology (as demonstrated by the Wii MotionPlus), developers need to learn how to use them for maximum benefit, and there is still a place for conventional controls (meaning the Wiimote could use those additional face buttons), but bitching about "Waggle" and claiming it is destroying gaming for you sounds more like a toddler's tantrum than a reasoned argument.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
ph4nt said:
because metacritic isn't a good measurement of how good a systems games are.

/thread

Because it is?

Metacritic measures the quality of each game, based on the average of 50 plus reviews per game.

Im sorry but only Nintendo fans bring out the "Metacritic means nothing" card out because the wii turley doesnt have very good games *atleast for this year* compared to the ps3 or xbox 360.

If that's the case, why don't you sell your PS3 for a 360? It has a better lineup of games, after all.

This is why Wii sold so much.......

duh

edit: To put it simple Wii had Mario Kart which has nearly infinate appeal (notice every store was sold out of it this holiday).  Don't forget Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy even Zelda Twilight Princess still are all having strong sales.

How is it some of you people still can't grasp this? How many times do you have to be told/ proven wrong? The definitive yardstick of a game's quality is its commercial success. There's no better way to gauge a game's quality than how the public vote with their wallets. That's it. If you don't agree then that's your OPINION. But it would appear you are in the minority. Nuff said.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Oh boy.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:
How is it some of you people still can't grasp this? How many times do you have to be told/ proven wrong? The definitive yardstick of a game's quality is its commercial success. There's no better way to gauge a game's quality than how the public vote with their wallets. That's it. If you don't agree then that's your OPINION. But it would appear you are in the minority. Nuff said.

Quality is reflected by commercial success? Not sure. Like comercial Hollywood films... most of them are rubbish for the masses.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

colonelstubbs said:
Its because the wii offers something different, thats what it is. When people get over the motion controls, thats when things might change

2006 called, they want their argument back.  The Wii has already conclusively demonstrated that its appeal is much, much more than a flash in the pan, and that its sales figures aren't suddenly going to walk off a cliff because somebody on the internet thinks it's a fad.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

c0rd said:
leo-j said:
ph4nt said:
because metacritic isn't a good measurement of how good a systems games are.

/thread

Because it is?

Metacritic measures the quality of each game, based on the average of 50 plus reviews per game.

Im sorry but only Nintendo fans bring out the "Metacritic means nothing" card out because the wii turley doesnt have very good games *atleast for this year* compared to the ps3 or xbox 360.

If that's the case, why don't you sell your PS3 for a 360? It has a better lineup of games, after all.

yeah leo j, why dont you?

Sadly the average consumer is not as informed as we are and therefore has no idea that the Wii has a weaker library than the PS3.

Usul said:
peachbuggy said:

Quality is reflected by commercial success? Not sure. Like comercial Hollywood films... most of them are rubbish for the masses.

Basically, the way I see it, Wii is the big budget hollywood blockbuster like The Dark Knight, raking in tons of money.The HD Consoles are the strange independent films: A nun and a clown, sobbing in black and white for fifteen minutes, then they smoke a cigarette, then it says 'Fin' and the movie's over.
Anyone who says that The Dark Knight is better than Le Clown Sobbing is an idiotic plebian idiot plebian. Plebian. Who doesn't have any taste for the finer parts of cinema. Also they are a plebian.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption