By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 had best lineup for holidays,Wii had worst = Wii sells 4 times more.

deathgod33 said:
price is the answer. a wii is much cheaper than a ps3.

The arcade SKU is cheaper  than Wii still last month outcome in the US was something like 20 -> 8 -> 3

The values perceived is the answer.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

Its because the wii offers something different, thats what it is. When people get over the motion controls, thats when things might change

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Groucho said:
The Wii makes a great gift for kids. It practically reaches out and grabs grandma from the shelf.

I thought this same thing while at the local Fred Meyer (a west coast US dept. store + grocer) just yesterday. I watched some classic demographic (male probably 13 or 14) kid stare at the Wii games section for a bit, with a really upset look on his face, then he meandered to the PS3/360 area and looking longingly at the games there for a good while.

I bet he got a Wii for the Holidays. Lol.. I feel bad for him though.

Really?

I saw a kid stand in front of the Wii staring longingly at the games, then I saw him go over to the PS3 and 360 sections. After a moment, he pulled out a knife and stabbed himself in the eyes.

I felt bad that he didn't have a Wii to overcome the pain of having to look at those. Poor kid.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Excuse me.....I think that the real great games this holiday season are Gears of Wars 2 and Fable II on 360. I only see as quality game LBP on PS3 this holiday season. Obiously, we can't count multiplatform titles because they are no reazon to purchase a console (GH4, Sonic, CoD5, Fallout3), and yes, I don't see Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 as AAA titles, and there are also reviewers like Famitsu one that didn't give an excellent mark to Valkyria Crhonicles.

Yes, of course, you are right in one thing: Wii games this holiday season are the worst line up that have ever existed in any platform, but here goes another dude I had some years ago:

' I had and played games like Super Mario 64 and Zelda: Ocarina of time and it was imposible for me to understand why PSX was selling four times more than N64 numbers '.

colonelstubbs said:
Its because the wii offers something different, thats what it is. When people get over the motion controls, thats when things might change

Why would people get over something that is vastly superior? I'd rather die than go back and play fps with dual analogue, over the Wii remote, or mouse keyboard. It's like driving a tank, and lame as hell.

Welcome to the future gentlemen, and ladies. Time to get off your porch rockers and stop whittling. Dual analogue is old, old school. You may as well say people will "get over" dual analogue and go back to joy paddles.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network

Am I crazy in thinking a console's specfic holiday line up is probably not much of a concern to someone who is new to a particular video game console?

When I bought my 360 I didn't care what was coming out at the time, I looked into getting Dead Rising and Viva Pinata cheap. Good games don't stop being good because they came out last year, and if someone has never played them, they're new to that person.

It's the same reason the PS2 is still selling. A lot of people buying it now aren't getting it because of anything coming out, but because of it's entire library.

Terrible thread . I don't even care about the wii but it offers a new experience that the mainstream has embraced. Why is this so hard for ,mostly, sony fanboys to accept that ?? Oh and as far as the "great" ps3 line up it's simply not that great neither for the hardcore gamers (that are buying gears 2 , fable2 and COD5) nor for the casuals that are buying wii fit .

Shanobi said:
colonelstubbs said:

Why would people get over something that is vastly superior? I'd rather die than go back and play fps with dual analogue, over the Wii remote, or mouse keyboard. It's like driving a tank, and lame as hell.

Welcome to the future gentlemen, and ladies. Time to get off your porch rockers and stop whittling. Dual analogue is old, old school. You may as well say people will "get over" dual analogue and go back to joy paddles.

Vastly superior to you maybe. Meh, if the future is wii style motion controls on all consoles then I would rather get off the train and find a new hobby. Actually I would probably just move to PC only, thats where I got started after all...

it might be that your in the minority and that most people can see outside of your little box .....but then again it might be b/c at night ninjas come into my house and make use of my wii instead of killing my family......yeah lets go with that one

people buy wiis so ninjas wont kill their family's

leo-j said:
ph4nt said:
because metacritic isn't a good measurement of how good a systems games are.

/thread

Because it is?

Metacritic measures the quality of each game, based on the average of 50 plus reviews per game.

Im sorry but only Nintendo fans bring out the "Metacritic means nothing" card out because the wii turley doesnt have very good games *atleast for this year* compared to the ps3 or xbox 360.

It's a good indication of what those select website/magazine reviewers think is the best but ask for the same games to be reviewed by older people or a family with young children and I'm guessing the results would be very different.

You presume the reviews that go to make up the final marks on metacritic are the be all and know all of video games and what they say is gospel but they are just the opinions of a few males who probably fall into quite a narrow age range.