By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will fable 3 be the zelda killer?

mr.shade said:
it's hard to screw up zelda, BUT YOU ARE ALL MISSING ONE IMPORTANT FACT HERE: nintendo stated that the next zelda installment will be accesible, so that could be huge change

When did they say this?

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network

They said that were going to do 'changes' in the franchise and that Twilight Princess was going to be the last Zelda as we know Zelda games style. I only hope they do not do something similar with the transition of Resident Evil 3 to Resident Evil 4.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

I don't expect the next installment in the Zelda series to fall lower than 5M. I expect it to be in the 6-8M range. I'm just saying there's a possibility that it could happen. And that the probability is far higher than most would expect (but still extremely low)

Hell! Wind Waker was less than 100k away from outselling A Link to the Past.

Beside the point now, yes, but the series has just generally ben selling a lot more since it went 3-D.

Fabe 3, a Zelda killer? That's hilarious. Once that new Zelda game drops on the Wii, it is going to woop Fable 3's ass in sales. Fable series is great but nothing and i mean nothing can destroy the Zelda series. Just wait until the next Legend of Zelda game drops and you'll see I am right.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Zelda rocks!

Around the Network

No

4 ≈ One

WHAT??!

Fable II is an amazing game no doubt about it, but no game will be Zelda Killer, Zelda games are mastepieces...

Torillian said:
Has the term ____killer ever worked out for the game that was supposedly meant to be the killer? I can't think of a single instance.

I agree, the use of the term killer is fairly useless and unlikely to ever come true. One thing is apparent is that gamers are by and large a loyal bunch. They are not likely to abandon a favorite for the next pretty face that comes along. In the surprisingly rare cases where a well loved and long established IP dies, it is almost always from self inflicted wounds, not because it was slain by a new rival.

it will kill Zelda in much the same way GTA4 killed the Wii.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut